Phone: Xperia XZ F8332
Android 7.1.1
Build number 41.2.A.7.35

any details, any recommendations?

4th September 2017, 07:17 PM |#472  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
hello,

there is some way to do the extraction of the key and db without connection to the internet, I know the script downloads the WhatsApp.apk and WhatsApp-2.11.431.apk, but is there a way to do it locally?
5th September 2017, 11:28 AM |#473  

More
i need add a copy of media folder and subfolder from whatsapp folder to the extract folder how is possible with auto overwrite?
8th September 2017, 10:57 AM |#474  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
samsung s6
wa ver can't remember
after running the tool not only the key is gone
(but i found something in the
sdcard/WhatsApp/com.whatsapp/folder/keystore.xml -->
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8' standalone='yes' ?>
<map>
<string name="server_static_public">2qWGl+8Lho+*********** </string>
<string name="client_static_keypair">QJx0FczhS5Ex6jayAqFFj z2K3Ic3HP1ynyayhC2KBklDU03vQeJBjVbSguub9diGSHIUSih h/rk/ZX********</string>
</map>

--> can i work with this ???)
also 'WhatsApp' isn't installed anymore one device....
any solution ???
THX a lot in advance !
2nd October 2017, 02:39 PM |#475  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
does it still work?
26th October 2017, 04:53 PM |#476  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr4sHCr4fT

does it still work?

I guess the downgrade method does not work on the latest version of Whatsapp.
27th October 2017, 10:38 AM |#477  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
How did you resolved the issue?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mani_jeenu

need some help guys. I was able to extract a key and a msgstore.db file but dont understand how to use it exactly
whatcrypt site asks for the original msgstore.crypt8 file whereas when I tried whatsapp viewer it was also asking for crypt8 file and cipher key
when I tried pointing it to a copy of msgstore.crypt8 from my phone along with the key file, it gave error

---------------------------
Error
Decryption failed. Error during unzipping (inflate).
OK

any pointers ?

EDIT: Never mind I figured it out. Thanks for the tool.

Could you please help how to resolve the issue.
Yesterday, 10:39 AM |#478  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripCode

** Version 4.7 Updated October 2016 - Supports Android 4.0-7.0 **

SUMMARY:
Allows WhatsApp users to extract their cipher key and databases on non-rooted Android devices.
UPDATE: This tool was last updated on October 12th 2016. and confirmed working on Android 4.0-7.0 using WhatsApp version v2.16.304 (latest available).
IMPORTANT: If you wish to extract media files or WhatsApp databases from Google Drive backups then you need: WhatsApp Google Drive Extractor instead.

TUTORIAL:

BRANCH UPDATES:
v4.0 - Fixed issues with Android API 14-17 (4.0-4.2 Jelly Bean).
v4.1 - Added support for Android API 23 (6.0-6.0.1 Marshmallow).
v4.2 - Added support for specifying adb backup passwords.
v4.3 - Added PowerShell version as optional alternative to bat version.
v4.4 - Changed primary mirror for legacy apk.
v4.5 - Fixed issue pushing cipher key to emulated storage.
v4.6 - Updated primary mirror for legacy apk (again).
v4.7 - Added new sanity checks and support for Android API 24 (7.0 Nougat).

PREREQUISITES:

1. O/S: Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, Mac OS X or Linux
  2. Java - If not installed: Download Java
  3. ADB (Android Debug Bridge) Drivers
  4. USB Debugging* must be enabled on the target device. Settings -> Developer Options -> (Debugging) USB debugging
  5. Android device with Android 4.0 or higher. I.E. Ice Cream Sandwich, Jelly Bean, KitKat, Lollipop, Marshmallow or Nougat.
*= If you cannot find Developer Options then please go to: Settings -> About phone/device and tap the Build number multiple times.

INSTRUCTIONS:
  1. Extract WhatsApp-Key-DB-Extractor-master.zip maintaining the directory structure.
  2. Click on WhatsAppKeyDBExtract.bat (Windows) or WhatsAppKeyDBExtract.sh (Mac OS X / Linux).
  3. Connect your device via USB, unlock your screen and wait for Full backup to appear.
  4. Enter your backup password or leave blank (if none set) and tap on Back up my data.
  5. Confirm backup password in your command console and then check the "extracted" folder.

TROUBLESHOOTING:
  1. If you have never used USB Debugging before, you may also need to verify the fingerprint.
  2. If you have set a default backup password in your Android settings, then this MUST be the
    backup password that you provide when prompted to backup your data. Else it WILL fail!
  3. Linux and Mac OS X users may need to set the script permissions as executable. Depending on the
    adb permissions, you may also need to sudo ./WhatsAppKeyDBExtract.sh from your command console.
  4. If you're having issues with WhatsAppKeyDBExtract.bat then right click WhatsAppKeyDBExtract.ps1
    and select Run with PowerShell. You may have to enter "y" at first run for script execution policy.
  5. If you get an error saying "AES encryption not allowed" then you need to update your Oracle Java
    Cryptography Extension (JCE) to Unlimited Strength Jurisdiction Policy Files.

DOWNLOAD: WhatsApp-Key-DB-Extractor-master.zip

AUTHOR: TripCode
THANKS: dragomerlin for Android Backup Extractor and Abinash Bishoyi for being cool.

Hello,
I am new to this forum and I have problems when extracting the key from my whatsapp database. I have followed the steps indicated and I see what you see in the image, could someone tell me what I have to do?
When the process is executing apparears this error:
[INSTALL_PARSE_FAILED_UNEXPECTED_EXCEPTION: Failed to parse /data/app/vmdl1437241386.tmp/base.apk: AndroidManifest.xml]

Now unlock your device and confirm the backup operation.

Please enter your backup password (leave blank for none) and press Enter:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Nativ e Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknow n Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Un known Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.jarinjarloader.JarRsrcLoa der.main(JarRsrcLoader.java:58)
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: ""
at org.nick.abe.AndroidBackup.extractAsTar(AndroidBac kup.java:420)
at org.nick.abe.Main.main(Main.java:128)
... 5 more
Caused by: java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: ""
at java.lang.NumberFormatException.forInputString(Unk nown Source)
at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Unknown Source)
at org.nick.abe.AndroidBackup.extractAsTar(AndroidBac kup.java:280)
... 6 more

C:\Users\Usuario\Desktop\WhatsApp-Key-DB-Extractor-master\WhatsApp-Key-DB-Extractor-master\bin\tar.exe: Cannot open tmp\whatsapp.tar: No such file or directory
C:\Users\Usuario\Desktop\WhatsApp-Key-DB-Extractor-master\WhatsApp-Key-DB-Extractor-master\bin\tar.exe: Error is not recoverable: exiting now
C:\Users\Usuario\Desktop\WhatsApp-Key-DB-Extractor-master\WhatsApp-Key-DB-Extractor-master\bin\tar.exe: Cannot open tmp\whatsapp.tar: No such file or directory
C:\Users\Usuario\Desktop\WhatsApp-Key-DB-Extractor-master\WhatsApp-Key-DB-Extractor-master\bin\tar.exe: Error is not recoverable: exiting now

Cleaning up temporary files ...
Done

Restoring WhatsApp 2.17.395
Missing APK file
Restore complete

Removing WhatsApp 2.17.395 temporary apk

Confirmar
El elemento situado en C:\Users\Usuario\Desktop\WhatsApp-Key-DB-Extractor-master\WhatsApp-Key-DB-Extractor-master\tmp\
tiene elementos secundarios y no se especificó el parámetro Recurse. Si continúa, se quitarán todos los secundarios
junto con el elemento. ¿Está seguro de que desea continuar?
[S] Sí [O] Sí a todo [N] No [T] No a todo [U] Suspender [?] Ayuda (el valor predeterminado es "S"):

WHERE IS THE PROBLEM?

Thank you very much in advance
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
crypt, crypt5, crypt8, smsbackup, whatsapp

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)