[ROM][P600][8.0.0] [Early Dev.] Android AOSP 8.0.0 - Oreo - n1awifi

Search This thread

ZakooZ

Aug 24, 2012
Porto
I usually like to test a new ROM and beat the crap out of it by just digging around to see what happens. I've found one of the best ways to determine how responsive the system is by running a standard solitaire app. With this build being so new and raw at this point, I'm being a bit more gentle with it.
Had my first freeze and lock-up already. Just wondering if it would be of any help if I were to post the saved post crash log files, and would I be sble to upload them here? But the pen input has something to do with the crashes just like it still does with the AICP Nougat ROM. Hope I can be of some small help. ;-DeanoD
Was it something I said, or just TMI? Silence is deafening.... D2
Lol... I've been really busy with college so sorry for not responding
Everyone is welcome (and encouraged) to post logs after crashes, but the s-pen lockup issue doesn't show anything in the logs so it wouldn't be of much help. I have the issue so rarely it's almost impossible to get meaningful data on it...
For other crashes, yeah it would be great to get logs

ollimi1

Jul 15, 2011
Little Colorado
Oh-ohhh!
There is an Oreo build and I notice it again as last, haha!
Can not try the built currently because I still hanging on the old kk bootloader.
I've ordered another flatband cable today, USB to mainboard, and will try to fix the data connections just to be able to try your oreo built.
I still love the effort you put on our old device! :good:
Maybe it holds up as long as the good old S2, which also got an oreo build these days.

Many thanks!!!

enotar

Jun 23, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Tab S4
Redmi Note 9 Pro
Oh-ohhh!
There is an Oreo build and I notice it again as last, haha!
Can not try the built currently because I still hanging on the old kk bootloader.
I've ordered another flatband cable today, USB to mainboard, and will try to fix the data connections just to be able to try your oreo built.
I still love the effort you put on our old device! :good:
Maybe it holds up as long as the good old S2, which also got an oreo build these days.

Many thanks!!!
Welcome back

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Reactions: ollimi1

zole2112

Oct 23, 2008
Wisconsin
I've been hoping to see someone port 8.0 to our Samsung 10.1 wifi. Thanks for your work on this! Just waiting on video playback, my primary use of my tablet is to watch movies while traveling for work.

shahrozewajid

Sep 22, 2015
So hyped about this update!!!

I'm new to xda and just happened to stumble upon this thread after searching for any updates for the note 10.1... Really glad that you're working hard for this awesome device... I'm currently running lineage OS 14.1... Really look forward to a final stable update as soon as possible... Best of luck and wishes!

Reactions: khiiiy

Orbital_Logic

Sep 6, 2016
Lol... I've been really busy with college so sorry for not responding
Everyone is welcome (and encouraged) to post logs after crashes, but the s-pen lockup issue doesn't show anything in the logs so it wouldn't be of much help. I have the issue so rarely it's almost impossible to get meaningful data on it...
For other crashes, yeah it would be great to get logs

How can i help? I actually just got this tablet and want to really find its limits. About to put LOS 14 on it, and i want to get that stable and up and running with everything i need on it, but then im more than happy to try this out, see what crashes and post logs... if i can help troubleshoot im happy to do that as well. Im an artist, slowly migrating my workflow (painting drawing graphic design, illusatration, photo restoration, logo/branding design, web design) from adobe/windows to linux. Ive got decent linux networking, source-compiling, digging around under the linux/android hood experience and id love to help make this little project great however i can.

bnoem1

Jan 21, 2014
Currently using Liquid Death - Drowning Forever -v 1.0. Build ld_n1awifi-userdebug 7.1.1 NMF26X 8 test -keys. This is a Feb 5, 2017 update.
My question is: Do I need to install a different bootloader? I seem to recall that shortly after this version was released there were some rom changes, but I don't recall off hand.
currently have TWRP 3.0.2.-0 recovery.

I was hoping that work on this wasn't dead, but I also see that the newest rom post was back in Sept. - been that long since I thought of playing around with this again.
Please advise about these questions. Thanks

dhaval

May 15, 2007
Hi,
Thanks for taking time to create this for the old P600s.
I really need some help, I have the CyanogenMod Version 12-20150223-Unofficial Android 5.0.2, which is very old, I just took this tab out of the junk to see if its still working and its still rocking with 70% battery after a few years.
I forgot how do I update to this version, can someone please point me to right direction ?
TIA,
Dhaval.

wadken1

Oct 31, 2010
Hi,
Thanks for taking time to create this for the old P600s.
I really need some help, I have the CyanogenMod Version 12-20150223-Unofficial Android 5.0.2, which is very old, I just took this tab out of the junk to see if its still working and its still rocking with 70% battery after a few years.
I forgot how do I update to this version, can someone please point me to right direction ?
TIA,
Dhaval.

1. Update your recovery to lateset TWRP (mine is 3.2.1-0) - use the TWRP manager from playstore OR download from offical TWRP website and flash though recovery.
2. Do a NAND backup of all partitions in recovery to your SD card. Reboot system.
3. Pick a rom to install later. Don't use the one in this thread - it's not ready and hasn't been worked on for some months. I believe Zakooz is still the device maintainer for LOS but is just too busy to work on Oreo. I recommend Zakooz's unofficial Nougat LOS as it's optimised for our cpu and the builds are still automated to keep up to date with offical LOS changes. Find them here: http://download.exynos5420.com/LineageOS-14.1/n1awifi/. Download and save the latest on your SD card.
4. Download your prefered Gapps package to your SD card. I typically use OpenGapps mini or nano packages to limit the amount of Google bloatware (you can always add these from the Playstore later if needed). Download from opengapps.org
5. If you're not using the Google backup service backup all your apps and their data using Titanium or similar - This is optional of course if you are happy to reinstall everthing from the Playstore. Also, be aware that restoring apps+data from Android 5 in and Android 6, 7, 8 rom might give problems so a clean install is probably best overall.
6. As you're on Android 5 you'll need to upgrade your bootloader to Lollipop version (mine is P600XXUDPL1 - you can check using Android SystenInfo app from playstore) - if you want to use MM and Nougat ROMs. I don't remember precise instructions so you'll need to search the forum for details.
7. In Recovery:
- wipe Dalvik, Cache, Data, System. Probabaly best to format the Data partition.
- Install the rom.zip you downloaded.
- install the Gapps.zip package
- Reboot. (first boot of new system always take a good few minutes so be patient)
6. Go through the Set-up Wizard and install or reinstall you apps.

Done

Think I got everything
Cheers

Last edited:
Reactions: Finner42

DeanoD

Oct 12, 2013
Windsor, Ontario. Canada
Great Customizations!

Well, this ROM is now my official daily driver as my spare smp600 (which was newer than this one) died completely overnight. I've now had more time to digest just how many cofigs are available on this ROM. But, I have two odd probs: I somehow managed to get an icon on my notification bar that says "no service" which I am guessing is regarding phone connection that this unit does not have. Anybody have any idea as to how to get rid of that? I keep hitting dead ends. Second prob is that I can no longer connect to a regular email (not g) account. I get errors all over that even tho my isp settings are correct.
I'm in panic mode right now due to tax, and health issues. I may need to do a full wipe re-install of this ROM. ;-DeanoD

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. Hard. A lot.
     */

Introduction
    This thread is for early development of Android Oreo on the n1awifi (SM-P600).
    It is not yet ready for daily usage (far from it), but in this thread people can discuss it.
    I will use this thread to update you on progress, and occasionally post builds that the brave can test.

What works
    Boot/Display ✓
    Touchscreen/Buttons/S-Pen ✓
    Audio ✓
    Wi-Fi ✓
    Bluetooth ✓

Hardware video playback ✕
    Camera/Flashlight ✕
    IR Blaster ✕

Installation
    Flash like any other ROM. Wipe data. If you need to know more, this ROM isn't for you.

Downloads
    ROM: aosp_n1awifi-ota-eng.zakooz.zip [2017-09-10]
    Gapps for 8.0: open_gapps-arm-8.0-micro-20170824-UNOFFICIAL.zip

Sources
    Current AOSP tag: android-8.0.0_r3
    https://github.com/zakooz/android_kernel_samsung_exynos5420/tree/ao_a3

Thanks
    Exynos5420 dev team ( @deadman96385 @thompatry @ZakooZ @Orion116 @joshndroid @Andmoreagain @thermskin
    @tincho5588 )
    @AdrianDC, @forkbomb444 - For their work on early 8.0 bringup, including work on linux 3.4
    @ShevT - For his work on the P601 (huge contributor to our current device tree)
    @Raymanfx - First to bring CM to this device

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][P600][8.0.0] [Early Development] Android AOSP 8.0.0 - n1awifi , ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014 Edition)

Contributors
    ZakooZ, Exynos 5420 team
    ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: LL Bootloader
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2017-09-06
    Last Updated 2017-09-10
    Progress for 09-09-2017

* Fixed issue which caused boot to hang for 30 seconds without doing anything (fixed all boot crashes)
    * Fixed GPS
    * Fixed screen artifacts in recent app switcher (fixed all screen artifacts)
    * Allow the system to fall back to software video decoding (good for watching 720p, not 1080p, video)
    Progress for 07-09-2017

Graphics allocator fixups:
    * Fixed issue where the recents menu wouldn't show previews for the apps
    * Fixed issue where the system wouldn't allow taking screenshots

Surfaceflinger "GPU-to-CPU" fixups:
    * Fixed screen artifacts when taking screenshots
    * Fixed screen artifacts when rotating screen

Not uploading build for today...
    Any devs: please pick-up this rom for further development. Many users are waiting to use their Galaxy Note Tab 10.1 (2014) with this new Android OS. Thnx in advance!!
    You may post, I don't mind