[SM-V700] tizen downgrade android

Search This thread
Sep 14, 2017
Istanbul
How could you flash Twrp on Galaxy Gear V700?

I reflashed but every time I tried to get to recovery it would go in to an infinite reboot sequence. Finally flashed TWRP and it booted in to recovery, now it works. So the key is to flash again if touch doesn't work the first time.

How could you flash Twrp on Galaxy Gear V700? When you flash it, what was the gear operating system, Android or Tizen?

I probably made the same mistake, touch screen is not working on Gear, therefore I can not connect to Gear Manager.
Previously my Gear was under tizen and Gear manager accordingly. it was allright. But I made some rooting, and I am in trouble with a useless Gear.

Although we are in 2017, I am still loving my gear and don't want to buy a new one.
I don't have much hope to find anybody to help on this matter, because the first gear is very old model.

Please help.

---------- Post added at 11:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 PM ----------

I just flashed null 23 after downgrading to mk7 from Tizen. Everything is working fine, including touch, adb sideload, as well as bluetooth file transfer.

Please help. How to install Twrp and Null 23?
My gear was under Tizen and working good. But I wanted to test some custom roms, and my gear is now not working.
I wanted to go back to Android, the touch on gear is not working. How to solve it?
My gear is hardly going into download mode, it was very easy before. I am trying to flash Android 4.4.2 or Tizen with Odin. Each time I fail.

And is there a way to bypass coding to match with phone?

:crying:

---------- Post added 22nd November 2017 at 12:04 AM ---------- Previous post was 21st November 2017 at 11:42 PM ----------

It work for me just the first downgrade to V700XXUAMK7, I also flash back my V700XXUBNC1 (odin) everything work fine.
Now my Gear rooted with custom recovery TWRP :D

Can you help me doing this?
TWRP link and procedure please.

Thanks

Sep 14, 2017
Istanbul
Touch is not working.

Amon as your touch screen is not working this was my fix that worked
Download the mk7 samsung official stock rom from sammobile.com you need to register for your account to download them but ther free and offical boot your watch into download mode and flash it from odin keep auto boot ticked but make sure re partion is not ticked any problems pm me buddy

I flashed MK7, but still having touch problem.

How could you flash Twrp on Galaxy Gear V700? When you flash it, what was the gear operating system, Android or Tizen?

I probably made the same mistake, touch screen is not working on Gear, therefore I can not connect to Gear Manager.
Previously my Gear was under tizen and Gear manager accordingly. it was allright. But I made some rooting, and I am in trouble with a useless Gear.

Although we are in 2017, I am still loving my gear and don't want to buy a new one.
I don't have much hope to find anybody to help on this matter, because the first gear is very old model.

Please help.

---------- Post added at 11:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 PM ----------

Please help. How to install Twrp and Null 23?
My gear was under Tizen and working good. But I wanted to test some custom roms, and my gear is now not working.
I wanted to go back to Android, the touch on gear is not working. How to solve it?
My gear is hardly going into download mode, it was very easy before. I am trying to flash Android 4.4.2 or Tizen with Odin. Each time I fail.

And is there a way to bypass coding to match with phone?

:crying:

---------- Post added 22nd November 2017 at 12:04 AM ---------- Previous post was 21st November 2017 at 11:42 PM ----------

Can you help me doing this?
TWRP link and procedure please.

Thanks

Ok.. Mate.
Put the Gear into Download Mode and connect to PC

First... Open Odin and insert the "PIT FILE" take comes with the Zip file into the "PIT" part of Odin
Second.....Insert the "dn Android.tar" file into the "AP" tab of Odin
Third.....Deselect Auto Reboot
Fourth....Press START.

When Odin has finished Flashing disconnect the Gear and reboot into Recovery, Let Recovery doits thing. You'll know your on the right path when you get the ERROR MESSAGE. Don't worry just replace Gear into Cradle and reopen ODIN.
This time your going to...
First....Deselect Auto Reboot
Second......Insert the "2_Recovery.img.tar" file into AP Tab of Odin
Third..... PRESS START.
Fourth......When Odin has finished flashing disconnect the Gear and Reboot in Recovery, Allow Recovery to do it stuff. Once recovery has finished it'll auto reboot watch and you should be good to go.

*****I had the same problem when i downgraded from Tizen...Gear would boot but NO touch response. I followed this OP and it worked in getting me back to Android from Tizen.

Last edited:
Reactions: hacker bla

PamelaGirl

Jul 10, 2011
Hello Good People,

Can someone please provide a new download link for this SM-V700_tizen_to_android.zip file.
I have clicked on so many dead links and have tried downloading this file for days now with no success...

T.I.A. :)

eSUBA94

Apr 1, 2014
Zielona Góra/Nowa Sól

PamelaGirl

Jul 10, 2011
Hello again Good People,
Thank you all for the great support and to the creator of this awesome ROM

Thank you! :)

Last edited:

eSUBA94

Apr 1, 2014
Zielona Góra/Nowa Sól
Hello again Good People,
Can someone please assist me with some minor support.
Thanks to president eSUBA94 I now have the correct files to downgrade Tizen to Android. I have followed the steps very closely and in the end my device pulses on the Samsung screen for a long time, as it over 30 minutes and it is getting very warm to the touch:(

What am I missing?

T.I.A.
to fix it, you have to upload the whole tizen again, then try the android again

Wysłane z mojego LG-H990 przy użyciu Tapatalka

JayIce11

Aug 15, 2011
Cornwall
issues

Well after a while it came back with a FAIL

gear-odin1.png

any ideas please?

Last edited:

jds3118

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 19, 2011
ocala
Samsung Galaxy S8+
OnePlus 6T
Question my v700 stopped working completely over a year ago. It wouldn't charge, connect to PC, nothing. So I got a replacement battery and still nothing, I've purchased a secondary charger only and that nor the OEM will charge my watch. Anyone with any ideas? Suggestions?

Question my v700 stopped working completely over a year ago. It wouldn't charge, connect to PC, nothing. So I got a replacement battery and still nothing, I've purchased a secondary charger only and that nor the OEM will charge my watch. Anyone with any ideas? Suggestions?

Thats a bit of a bummer!!! Hmmm.....OK This is gonna sound stupid, The New battery you brought can you confirm that it had any initial storage charge to it? like you'd found when buying a new batt for your phone. As most new Batteries come with at least 20 to 50% storage charge. Cos by the sounds of things the new batt had no initial storage charge...so when you installed and connected the charger nothing happened cos the new batt is completley dead like the one you pulled out.
When your phone goes flat there's residual charge within the battery to initialize the charging cycle when the charger is connected, but in our case, once the batt goes flat in our watches and we don't get it to the charger within a certain period we start facing problems getting it to accept the charge.

There are many solutions out there that cover from plugging it into a Computer or Laptop to leaving it connected the wall outlet, and in some situations those solutions have worked for those few. No doubt you've already tried these hence why your asking here.

What I'm about to tell you should work as this involves getting at the battery,but in your case you already have one on hand......if not ....you'll need to open your watch.

This procedure you probably haven't tried....Cos this always works for me both for my V700 & Gear Live and any other dead cell ph batt I've encountered.

What you'll need is a Usb cable and a USB wall plug that puts out 5volts at say 700ma or more..... doesn't matter what sort of USB plug just as long as you or anyone else doesn't need it anymore as your gonna destroy it
Then you gonna cut the end that plugs into the device...Then you'll need to identify which of the 4 wires are the (+ )and (- ) in most cases this is pity easy as their already color coded
Once you've confirmed your two wires your gonna connect the + to the + on the battery and the - to the - of the battery ******you may need a 2nd person to help you if the battery is out ***************

Your gonna hold these 2 wires on the battery terminals for about 30 seconds to a minute, this should apply enough charge to the battery to initialize the charge cycle.

Hopefully this helps you in getting your watch working again....GOOD LUCK

******Also check the Contact Pins on the circuit board as they maybe the culprit aswell, just find a pin or needle and pull them up slightly to ensure they make contact with the battery terminals.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180715-150551.jpg
    Screenshot_20180715-150551.jpg
    171.7 KB · Views: 143
  • Screenshot_20180715-150929.jpg
    Screenshot_20180715-150929.jpg
    232.1 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:
Reactions: jds3118

tapoutms

May 22, 2010
Help

I downgraded like the instructions said and the touch screen won’t work and i try the same Process like 6 times and still the same but if i go back to tizen works fine can someone help please

Reactions: Khalilovaaa

infinitygrandpa

Jan 7, 2022
1. Download file(use chromium-browser)

http://www.4shared.com/zip/2imH7eEgce/SM-V700_tizen_to_android.html?

2. uncompression SM-V700_tizen_to_android.zip

3. excute Odin

4. flash 1_dn_android.tar
View attachment 2786168

5. reboot to recovery(Power button press 10sec > press power button 10times > recovery)

6. wait

7. The following message is displayed,
View attachment 2786178

8. flash 2_recovery.img.tar
View attachment 2786169

9. reboot to recovery(Power button press 10sec > press power button 10times > recovery)

10. boot done
Hi, I know it has been a long time since you uploaded the SM-V700_tizen_to_android.zip file. But is there any chance you can somehow give it to me?
Thanks for respond.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

http://www.4shared.com/zip/2imH7eEgce/SM-V700_tizen_to_android.html?

2. uncompression SM-V700_tizen_to_android.zip

3. excute Odin

1.PNG

5. reboot to recovery(Power button press 10sec > press power button 10times > recovery)

6. wait

7. The following message is displayed,
    3.jpg

8. flash 2_recovery.img.tar
    2.PNG

9. reboot to recovery(Power button press 10sec > press power button 10times > recovery)

10. boot done
    Nice, is the touchscreen working?

yes :laugh:
    Rare poster, sorry!

Hi all. I don't post on here often but I thought I'd try to help. I tried about 10 times before I got it to work. I sometimes need step by step instructions down to the smallest detail to figure out some of this Android stuff lol. So I though I'd add some foot notes for people who need help. Below are OP's instructions with some edits (things i did) that may help. (I don't know how to post his pics sorry)

(HAD TO REMOVE LINK, NEW POSTER)

2. UNZIP SM-V700_tizen_to_android.zip

3. RIGHT CLICK ON Odin, RUN AS ADMIN

Click image for larger version

Name: 1.PNG
    Views: 3468
    Size: 114.5 KB
    ID: 2786168

4A) After the file is flashed, it will do nothing. Remove Gear from cradle.

5. HOLD POWER BUTTON TO GET INTO DOWNLOAD MODE (This is where I was messing up, I kept trying to reboot into recovery)

The following message is displayed,

Name: 3.jpg
    Views: 2122
    Size: 97.6 KB
    ID: 2786178

6. flash 2_recovery.img.tar

Name: 2.PNG
    Views: 2655
    Size: 93.1 KB
    ID: 2786169

7. AGAIN AFTER IT FLASHES IT WILL DO NOTHING. WHEN FINISHED, REMOVE FROM CRADLE

8. HOLD POWER BUTTON TO REBOOT, SELECT RECOVERY THIS TIME. THEN IT SHOULD SHOW "UPDATING" THEN REBOOT ITSELF.

9. BOOM, DONE

---------- Post added at 05:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:18 PM ----------

i need help so i tried to flash tizen but it failed i got the message update failed so i did wut was said here to flash the 1st thing i go into boot screen i can go to download mode and recovery so i went to recovery but its infinite boot at the samsung galaxy gear logo part though but i read all pages saying to go in download first but i did that already but its still infinite looping help PLEASE i want my watch back its rooted though :( help

This happened to me. I realized I was flashing the update and not stock Tizen. (if thats what its called)

Make sure you are using V700XXUCNE9 to upgrade from Android to Tizen. Then update with: V700OXACNF1.

Hope that helps.
    ... about Tizen experience..?
    Samsung wants you to upgrade/bully you to Tizen ?

Feel free to stay on Android forever. When Samsung moved to Tizen for the Gear 2's they could have left the GG1 on Android with no future updates. And if abandoned, existing third party apps would eventually die from neglect and no new one's would ever be written. There's hope for the latter with the move to Tizen. I thought for sure GG1 owners would be screwed when it was confirmed the Gear 2's were Tizen. In all my time following Samsung this is the first where they actually gave a crap about owners of earlier devices when they (Samsung) shifted strategy. They deserve applause for what they did with the GG1, not *****ing. If people are pissed about the strategic decision to move to Tizen that's very different from Samsung ensuring that their wearables early adopters (us) weren't thrown under the bus.
    was going to attempt the downgrade process some point later today. Does this work?? I know the whole flash at your own risk, etc. etc.
    but, this method is tried and true??

BTW, think it is possible to flash straight kit kat NC5 modules to the gear?

---------- Post added at 02:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:31 PM ----------

I've done it and it's easy if you lose touch reflashes recovery again

Sent from my SM-G9250 using Tapatalk

and if touch dosnt work after flashing recovery , download a 4.2.2 firmware from sammobile and install usuing odin this worked for me

flashing androidtozien > recovery > no touch > recovery again > no touch > full 4.2.2 firmware and touchscreen worked