FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][2.0+] MiXplorer v6.x Released (fully-featured file manager)

4,617 posts
Thanks Meter: 22,570

By HootanParsa, Recognized Developer on 17th May 2011, 04:12 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Today, 12:16 AM |#22291  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 5,231

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gorillanobka

Glad i have learned something new tonight.

Is there any plan to eliminate MiX's dependency on the built-in file manager in the future or that would require way too much work?

Either way thanks for the awesome file manager.
And for your patience.
Regards.

I'm not sure how this works for the file manager (and I'm not speaking for HP) but in general, leveraging the power of the existing system instead of separately coding allows for a greater amount of functionality from a smaller resource footprint, as well as saving the time to which you refer...although that time can return, when there are changes or later versions of the OS.

[EDIT] Coincidentally I'm planning to flash this week's LOS 14.1 build tonight... now thinking about breaking the file manager in last week's build in different ways first to see what happens to MiX. Will share any relevant observations.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IronTechmonkey For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift IronTechmonkey Ad-Free

Today, 01:50 AM |#22292  
日本
Thanks Meter: 2,753

More
There's no point in thinking about the built-in file manager as a file manager. It is not meant as such. Google despises file managers as much as external or portable filesystems.

It's just a necessity they realized they couldn't do without to manage storage permissions and it's used by the OS now, so we're stuck with it. Even if Hootan went through the trouble of coding an alternative way around it ( and every other developer did as well, which won't happen ), it'd be more work than it's worth, especially when Google will break it all again with the next Android version, as they do when it comes to external storage basically every single time there's a new Android version.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ultramanoid For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ultramanoid Ad-Free
Today, 03:40 AM |#22293  
Thanks Meter: 322

More
Worth of note is that "Recursive Data" is back again in the View menu, and it's necessary that "Recursive Size" is unchecked in Settings for it to work.

(And with it enabled, an old little bug returns: for a subfolder with Recursive Data active, when you climb to its parent folder, sizes will be calculated even when the parent folder don't have the option enabled for itself.)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sr. Zé Alguém For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Sr. Zé Alguém Ad-Free
Today, 08:32 AM |#22294  
Thanks Meter: 50

More
1.why dosnt MP show the System-attributed files over Lan/Samba? (But EsExplorer does!) Even tried toggling "Dont/Show hidden files" on MP.
2.Why dosnt MP show thumbnails for files while browsing Samba shares?already tried to checkup the MP's thumbnailing options...
3.Mr.Hootan why dont you provide a Samba server plugin on the earth?
Today, 08:38 AM |#22295  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 120

More
Fair enough, fair enough, i was kinda expecting that but it never hurts asking.

It's no biggie, the com.android.documentsui can go back in the mix as it does not take too much space anyway.

Cool slightly off topic question for those guys smarter than me (like 80% of the people out there ) : Any terminal command/s to create or delete shortcuts on home screen on android ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultramanoid

There's no point in thinking about the built-in file manager as a file manager. It is not meant as such. Google despises file managers as much as external or portable filesystems.

It's just a necessity they realized they couldn't do without to manage storage permissions and it's used by the OS now, so we're stuck with it. Even if Hootan went through the trouble of coding an alternative way around it ( and every other developer did as well, which won't happen ), it'd be more work than it's worth, especially when Google will break it all again with the next Android version, as they do when it comes to external storage basically every single time there's a new Android version.

Today, 02:51 PM |#22296  
Thanks Meter: 950

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gorillanobka

Fair enough, fair enough, i was kinda expecting that but it never hurts asking.

It's no biggie, the com.android.documentsui can go back in the mix as it does not take too much space anyway.

Cool slightly off topic question for those guys smarter than me (like 80% of the people out there ) : Any terminal command/s to create or delete shortcuts on home screen on android ?

Unlikely. That's a launcher function since each launcher has its own set of shortcuts, which are stored in a DB in the launchers data directory.
Today, 04:17 PM |#22297  
Flag Indianapolis, IN
Thanks Meter: 209

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyboy

1.why dosnt MP show the System-attributed files over Lan/Samba? (But EsExplorer does!) Even tried toggling "Dont/Show hidden files" on MP.
2.Why dosnt MP show thumbnails for files while browsing Samba shares?already tried to checkup the MP's thumbnailing options...
3.Mr.Hootan why dont you provide a Samba server plugin on the earth?

Why don't you pay him to do it or please ask in a way that doesn't come off as very rude.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to martyfender For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift martyfender Ad-Free
Today, 05:28 PM |#22298  
Thanks Meter: 50

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by martyfender

Why don't you pay him to do it or please ask in a way that doesn't come off as very rude.

Ofcourse i'll do if one day mr.Hootan procceds to come over my telegram .
T.me/Hair_charity
Today, 05:32 PM |#22299  
日本
Thanks Meter: 2,753

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyboy

Ofcourse i'll do if ... mumble mumble ...

There are add-ons for sale in the Play Store, and even better, a PayPal link for donations ( see OP ) ... Thank you for supporting hardworking developers.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ultramanoid For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ultramanoid Ad-Free
Today, 06:31 PM |#22300  
Thanks Meter: 196

More
@HootanParsa
Hi Hootan,
With the last builds I noticed that starting tcp, http or ftp server also activate the buttons back light on my device. The back light remains "ON", until the server is stopped .
Is this a wanted behaviour? Or is this a bug?

I am on a Samsung a5 2017 with nougat 7.0
Thank you!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
chm, encfs, epub, mix, mixplorer

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)