[ROM][DISCONTINUED] LineageOS 14.1 for Xiaomi Mi 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

azazello22

Oct 11, 2014
I don't have Telegram, so no way for me to find out what you are talking about.
Just click on Bruno's name and you see a dropdown list with: "Donate to me"
Use that and he will get the money.
There's nothing more than his PayPal on that channel, so no need joining.
You can find the same link in Bruno's profile page here on XDA, like he said.

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Reactions: bgcngm

n1kolaa

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 21, 2011
Zrenjanin
OnePlus Nord
I fixed gps problem. The twrp firmwere flash is problem, it broked gps for me. After return to stock with fastboot and flashing one weekly stock ota it gone. It worked on aosp fine untill flashing that firmwere over twrp.

Reactions: Plabon7

jamesyb0i

Oct 17, 2009
Just FYI.

Phone would not boot yesterday, running build 20171212.

It worked fine for a few days, then I restarted it because google maps app would not close from the app switcher menu, which was strange..

But then it didn't reboot. Just gave a black screen until it ran out of battery. Was very hot when I discovered this was happening as I thought it had just died from flat battery (despite it having at least half battery when this happened).

I had to do a wipe and reinstall of LOS to get it working again.

G

GuestK00105

@bgcngm
Hope you received my donation, thanks for all your work and help.
Id just like to encourage others to donate what they can for this guy!

bgcngm

Recognized Developer
Apr 2, 2007
Lisbon
HTC One (M8)
Xiaomi Mi 5
Sadly, I regret to inform that I may have to drop official support for this device. The touchscreen replacement that I have received two days ago went fine, but the issue remains. I still get the random failures where touchscreen stops responding and I can't use the device as daily driver this way. I barely can use it for development either because I have to restart it over and over to get a few minutes of working touch. :(

This is a pity because I liked Mi 5 a lot and a big loss as mine was the 128GB version with ceramic back. Luckily I have the good old M8 dual SIM, which has been my daily driver for a while now. That said, I am not looking for a new flagship to replace Mi 5 (yes, I don't think Mi 6 can justify the price) and already thought of buying a new one, but it seems that's no longer sold. Is there any good soul out there that eventually has switched to a newer flagship and wants to sell his Mi 5? :eek:
So, this won't be goodbye after all... luckily two very kind users showed up and offered me their no longer used devices for a symbolic price.

I still have a Mi5 128 GB version in white and I dont need it anymore.
I've followed you through CM 13.1, LOS 14.1, and beta tested 15.

We've chatted through messenger several times.

I have the identical version, the black, ceramic 128gb. I've recently upgraded to a OnePlus 5T. I'll give you a deal if you want to continue?
I really got to say thanks once again to you both. :highfive: I ended up buying from @mabor01 due to better shipping time and costs (and no customs involved).

For everyone else, also a huge thanks for backing me up and supporting me with donations. :D

Pachenko_Gr

Jun 27, 2013
Katerini, Greece
So, this won't be goodbye after all... luckily two very kind users showed up and offered me their no longer used devices for a symbolic price.

I really got to say thanks once again to you both. :highfive: I ended up buying from @mabor01 due to better shipping time and costs (and no customs involved).

For everyone else, also a huge thanks for backing me up and supporting me with donations. :D

That's great news, great to have you back to the family brother :highfive:

ov1lord

Mar 26, 2016
Made a small donation too :) thank you for your support on the mi5 bruno. Cheers

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171218-214139.png
    Screenshot_20171218-214139.png
    216.5 KB · Views: 932
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2F2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 7.1 (Nougat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

GPL compliance:

Broken:
    • Nothing. :)

Working:
    • Everything except 'broken' stuff
      (see also second post for info on recurring questions)

Screenshot_20161117_134349.png
    Screenshot_20161117_134404.png

Compatibility:
    Compatible with all Xiaomi Mi 5 variants (32GB / 64GB / 128GB). Xiaomi Mi 5S and 5S Plus are not supported.
    Builds are based off the Xiaomi's Android 7.0 firmware with proprietary blobs from MIUI 8.1.4 dev package.​

Downloads:

Notice:
    • No custom kernels are supported in this thread. Only stock kernel and official builds will be supported. No bug reports if that's not the case.

Installation:
    • Reboot to recovery (TWRP recovery for Mi 5 - Direct link)
    • Format /system, /data and /cache
    • Install LineageOS zip package
    • Install [optional] the LineageOS su addon to get root (there are obviously other root methods, but this is the recommended one as it survives to OTA updates)
    • Install [optional] a Google Apps package of your choice (Open GApps is advisable, but stock and super variants are not recommended!!!)
    Important notes:
    • Current minimal * required * firmware version is MIUI 8.1.4 Global dev, otherwise installation will fail. Download the latest dev fastboot package directly from Xiaomi and flash it prior to installing LineageOS or, alternatively, download and install one of the latest custom packages containing firmware only (at your own risk).
    • GApps can only be flashed on clean installs.
    • Formatting data (all user data is wiped, including internal storage) is a must if MIUI was previously installed and device was encrypted.

Credits & collaborations:
    This work is due to efforts from Mi5Devs founding members (@h2o64 and me) that did the full device bring-up. Huge thanks to @deovferreira for all the help during the kernel bring-up after source code dropped. Also thanks to @ValoXis for giving me the motivation I needed and to @shade.sh for compiling unofficial builds during the transition phase.

Finally, all LineageOS team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!​

Device wiki:

Changelog:

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 14.1, ROM for the Xiaomi Mi 5

Contributors
    bgcngm, Mi5Devs
    ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.18.x

Version Information

Created 2016-11-17
    Last Updated 2018-02-25
    I really hope that everyone realizes that this is a development thread, aiming to provide support to official LineageOS for Xiaomi Mi 5. Everything that falls into unofficial category (e.g. unofficial builds and custom kernels) is not supported and not allowed here.

Also be more respectful and grateful for the work I have already put into this. Think twice before saying that I don't care to fix things. For those who are not happy, you have plenty other ROMs out there. Funny enough, all based on Mi5Devs work.
    Some notes due to recurring questions:
    • Camera OIS can be recalibrated, if needed, with the following app: https://github.com/dobragab/Mi5CameraCalibrate.
    • Devices assembled with LGD panels may have less responsive hardware keys (recents and back) due to old touchscreen drivers released by Xiaomi. The workaround at the moment is to enable on-screen buttons and wait for more updated drivers in the next kernel source code release.
    • QC3.0 is not fully working and will be fixed when the next kernel source code drops.
    The most requested/wanted feature of all time is finally ready. @h2o64 and me spent countless hours in at least three different approaches.

Screenshot_20170107-232137.png

You can enjoy in probably a couple of days.

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk
    Sadly, I regret to inform that I may have to drop official support for this device. The touchscreen replacement that I have received two days ago went fine, but the issue remains. I still get the random failures where touchscreen stops responding and I can't use the device as daily driver this way. I barely can use it for development either because I have to restart it over and over to get a few minutes of working touch. :(

This is a pity because I liked Mi 5 a lot and a big loss as mine was the 128GB version with ceramic back. Luckily I have the good old M8 dual SIM, which has been my daily driver for a while now. That said, I am not looking for a new flagship to replace Mi 5 (yes, I don't think Mi 6 can justify the price) and already thought of buying a new one, but it seems that's no longer sold. Is there any good soul out there that eventually has switched to a newer flagship and wants to sell his Mi 5? :eek:

I still have a Mi5 128 GB version in white and I dont need it anymore.
    I've followed you through CM 13.1, LOS 14.1, and beta tested 15.

We've chatted through messenger several times.

I have the identical version, the black, ceramic 128gb. I've recently upgraded to a OnePlus 5T. I'll give you a deal if you want to continue?