FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[GUIDE] Making Dump Files Out of Android Device Partitions

980 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,424
 
By majdinj, Senior Member on 19th September 2013, 03:18 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
14th December 2017, 10:50 AM |#301  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
error
Quote:
Originally Posted by CVAngelo

My earlier response clearly said to direct the output file to your C drive.

of=c:/directory/filename.img

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Free mobile app

Hi .. i tried it but gave me this error
root@hero2lte:/ # dd if=/dev/block/sda14 of=c:/system.img
dd: c:/system.img: No such file or directory

i try the other backslash with the error

1|root@hero2lte:/ # dd if=/dev/block/sda14 of=c:\system.img
dd: c:system.img: Read-only file system

any ideas ?
 
 
24th December 2017, 02:46 AM |#302  
Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by linus2014

I solved thanks

I have the same issue. I appreciate sharing the solution.
21st January 2018, 05:47 PM |#303  
Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
More
My data block is "sda45"
These commands will give me same files? Or dd creates specific .img file?
Code:
adb pull dev/block/platform/soc/1da4000.ufshc/by-name/userdata  D:\folder
Code:
dd if=/dev/block/sda45 of=D:\folder\userdata.img
24th January 2018, 07:55 PM |#304  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
How do I read these dumps? I can create them successfully by gziping, copy them to my desktop, unzip, mount and in Linux Reader I get this message:
2nd March 2018, 11:50 AM |#305  
GEEKOFIA's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag From The Back Yard
Thanks Meter: 53
 
Donate to Me
More
Thanks a lot
Ahh ! Finally gather lots of knowledge.
love you bro.
yese lag raha kuch sikhe yaar.
The Following User Says Thank You to GEEKOFIA For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift GEEKOFIA Ad-Free
31st May 2018, 02:41 AM |#306  
Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
When I look at a traditional Unix box, in / directory there is bin boot dev etc home mnt media sbin var etc... but these arnt separate partitions. All partitions are in dev/sda1 where a is the hard drive and 1 would be the first partition on it. So theres sda1 2 3 and sdb1 2 3 and so on...

But in android these are all separate partitions am I right?
31st May 2018, 03:13 AM |#307  
kevp75's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag MA
Thanks Meter: 7,029
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dharakv

When I look at a traditional Unix box, in / directory there is bin boot dev etc home mnt media sbin var etc... but these arnt separate partitions. All partitions are in dev/sda1 where a is the hard drive and 1 would be the first partition on it. So theres sda1 2 3 and sdb1 2 3 and so on...

But in android these are all separate partitions am I right?

yes
you can drop into adb shell to check by running
blkid
or
mount

to find your partitions.

newer devices you could also do a

ls /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name
31st May 2018, 03:21 AM |#308  
Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevp75

yes
you can drop into adb shell to check by running
blkid
or
mount

to find your partitions.

newer devices you could also do a

ls /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name

Do you see a file called sda1 or sdb1 in your dev folder?
31st May 2018, 03:35 AM |#309  
kevp75's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag MA
Thanks Meter: 7,029
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dharakv

Do you see a file called sda1 or sdb1 in your dev folder?

on my phone? no
on my linux box yes

don't forget mate android really is only a java virtual machine running in a linux namespace.

its not linux

---------- Post added at 03:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:33 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by dharakv

Do you see a file called sda1 or sdb1 in your dev folder?

try
/dev/block
31st May 2018, 02:37 PM |#310  
Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevp75

on my phone? no
on my linux box yes

don't forget mate android really is only a java virtual machine running in a linux namespace.

its not linux

---------- Post added at 03:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:33 AM ----------


try
/dev/block

Will try after I root. Thanks

I also found you can do cat /proc/partitions
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes