FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

One of the BEST Android Browsers: Habit Browser

866 posts
Thanks Meter: 435
 
By ikjadoon, Senior Member on 4th May 2013, 05:00 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
31st October 2017, 08:38 PM |#421  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
The Blacklist is for the adblock function and doesnʼt block web pages.

The home page is working fine for me on Android 4.3.
If you have a brand new device (Android 5 or higher), Habit browser may be incompatible with it.

You could try Yuzu Browser. Itʼs very similar and developed for newer devices.
The Following User Says Thank You to Tore Karlsen For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Tore Karlsen Ad-Free
3rd November 2017, 08:29 AM |#422  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
No better than UCbrowser in my opinion
25th November 2017, 08:28 PM |#424  
imakul8's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag New Orleans, LA.
Thanks Meter: 239
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mp107

Any hope for open sourcing the application?
The development seems to have stopped.

You might as well try Yuzu Browser. Just search it in the Market. Thank me later.
25th November 2017, 08:34 PM |#425  
Thanks, I know about Yuzu Browser.

Unfortunately, it doesn't work on Android 4.4 and most probably won't.
Lack of it is not enough reason for me to upgrade to higher version of Android OS.
The Following User Says Thank You to mp107 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mp107 Ad-Free
27th November 2017, 04:13 AM |#426  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mp107

Any hope for open sourcing the application?
The development seems to have stopped.

I donʼt think making it open source would result in any further development. With Yuzu Browser available for newer devices, no developer would be interested in spending resources on developing an an app for old devices.

Weʼll probably have to live with it as it is. At least for me, that seems to work fine, and most problems have good workarounds.

You could try to see it like this: The next update will possibly be much worse than the current version, so it would be much better if it never comes, which will probably be the case.
What a kick.
14th January 2018, 08:48 PM |#427  
Member
Thanks Meter: 20
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morten Anakin

Hi, i try it, and is so great.. I have only a problem, but is a big one. I can't download anything, any file. It says download failed. Googling it I see that is a writting SD card problem. The thing is I have mi SD card formatted as internal mode (Android 7.1.0) and the phone takes everything the space as SD, then the browser not download anything.. Any fix, solution, mod, something? Is, far, the better explorer i try, and i wanna use it.. Thanks!

I'm not sure how it will react to external formatted as internal, but you may try setting Content > Enable content access (On) and Content > File Access (Safe access). Of course also make sure the app has storage access permission.

I can still only save files to my internal storage, but the file tree in HB works so I can select the correct directory.

---------- Post added at 01:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:34 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morten Anakin

Hi, i try it, and is so great.. I have only a problem, but is a big one. I can't download anything, any file. It says download failed. Googling it I see that is a writting SD card problem. The thing is I have mi SD card formatted as internal mode (Android 7.1.0) and the phone takes everything the space as SD, then the browser not download anything.. Any fix, solution, mod, something? Is, far, the better explorer i try, and i wanna use it.. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by imakulate

You might as well try Yuzu Browser. Just search it in the Market. Thank me later.

I tried Yuzu because I was having problems with opening PDF files from my downloaded files list (works fine when opening from a file manager). The only thing I didn't like which is a deal breaker is the ability to turn off the exit confirmation. Is there any way to do that?
14th January 2018, 09:44 PM |#428  
imakul8's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag New Orleans, LA.
Thanks Meter: 239
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Det0natoR

I tried Yuzu because I was having problems with opening PDF files from my downloaded files list (works fine when opening from a file manager). The only thing I didn't like which is a deal breaker is the ability to turn off the exit confirmation. Is there any way to do that?

I reinstalled the app as I haven't been using it. (Problems logging in, staying logged in, user agent doesn't stick). I keep checking for updates hoping it will be fixed.
I can't find an option to disable the exit confirmation, but I prefer it like that.
14th January 2018, 10:38 PM |#429  
Member
Thanks Meter: 20
 
More
I actually fixed the issue with opening PDF files by adding a URL pattern to send the link to my favorite PDF reader instead of downloading it directly in HB.
19th February 2018, 09:59 AM |#430  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Prompt
Hi ! Does anyone know how to solve this problem ?

When I return to a tab, the page is empty. It does not refresh.

Look at my screencap, the page is loaded like shown in the preview box, but browser page is empty. .
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2018-02-19-09-35-02.png
Views:	124
Size:	210.0 KB
ID:	4424708  
1st March 2018, 10:25 AM |#431  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike69290

Hi ! Does anyone know how to solve this problem ?

When I return to a tab, the page is empty. It does not refresh.

Look at my screencap, the page is loaded like shown in the preview box, but browser page is empty. .

Froms settings-tabs disable tab animation.
The Following User Says Thank You to Stserkan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Stserkan Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes