FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

How to know if your phone is stuck in a bootloop.

1,553 posts
Thanks Meter: 980

Post Reply Email Thread
Hi guys
I always wondered how to know if your phone is stuck in a bootloop and did a lot of research of my own and found that if the phone is stuck in a bootloop the LED of the phone and the screen will not dim after a certain amount of time . Bootloop is the problem when your phone doesn't start, it remains on the boot sequence

Bootloops are mainly caused because system files interfering with each other which causes instability and/or crashes at the boot sequence.*To find the cause of a bootloop you have to think about what you did before getting the bootloop.Choose one of the following reasons that caused the bootloop for you and try out its solution.- After flashing a new rom

*If you flash a new (base)rom with odin your /data will be kept. This means your old dalvik-cache will be used for the new system files which would result in a bootloop, to fix this problem:
1. Start your phone in CWM Recovery
2. Go to Advanced
3. Choose "Wipe dalvik-cache"
4. Now go to "Mounts & Storage"
5. Choose "Wipe /cache"
6. Reboot your phone if the problems still exists after doing that and you're sure it's not related to the rom, then you need to do this:
1. Start your phone in CWM Recovery
2. Now go to "Mounts & Storage"
3. Choose "Wipe /data"
4. Choose "Wipe /cache"
5. Reboot your phone
Wanna go back to stock firmware see below

1 Open odin 1.85 download here
http://www.mediafire.com/?36mcl2rs5gwrvsj

2) Shut down your phone completely and make sure it is unplugged from ur PC.

3) Enter download mode by holding down the Volume down and center button and turning on the phone.

4) Press Volume up to continue

5) Run Odin on ur PC and select F. reset time and auto reboot and click on pda and browse for your stock firmware tar or .md5

6) Connect your phone to ur PC and Odin will detect ur phone and the COM ID turns yellow.

7) Click on Start and let Odin flash your phone. Wait for the Green Light and let ur phone restart.

You can also learn how to use logcat from here
http://developer.android.com/tools/help/logcat.html

QED(quite easily done ) this was basically a clue to find if your phone is in bootloop or not I inserted the tutorial to make sure you guys dont keep on checking other post !!!!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tha TechnoCrat For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Tha TechnoCrat Ad-Free

1st December 2012, 02:28 PM |#2  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 281

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kartiknnn

Hi guys
I always wondered how to know if your phone is stuck in a bootloop and did a lot of research of my own and found that if the phone is stuck in a bootloop the LED of the phone and the screen will not dim after a certain amount of time.If the same happens then

bt y do i need to flash a stock firmware ??? i cld also restore my cwm backup.....
y do i need to ensure or check bootloop...its pretty evident that if normally it takes arnd 2min to boot...den on d 3rd min u can easily its s bootloop if doesnt proceed to bootanimation screen !!

Sent from my GT-I9103 using Tapatalk 2
1st December 2012, 02:46 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag ▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ █ Likes:XDA,The Weeknd Hates:Haters

More
Sometimes the cwm backup which is restored causes some system errors I have experienced them myself and I don't want to contradict your post but what I experienced in posted that's all. I appreciate your question vipul u can check my signature

Sent from my GT-I9103 using xda app-developers app
1st December 2012, 04:46 PM |#4  
Flag Bangalore / Singapore
Thanks Meter: 169

More
Personally I never experienced boot loops after a cwm restore.. restored cm10 to ICS and vice versa.. and if I ever ocassionally got a boot loop then the regular wiping always solved it..just my personal experience..

From my CM10 powered galaxy R
3rd December 2012, 03:17 PM |#5  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 11,181

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kartiknnn

I always wondered how to know if your phone is stuck in a bootloop and did a lot of research of my own and found that if the phone is stuck in a bootloop the LED of the phone and the screen will not dim after a certain amount of time.

There are plenty of situations in which the screen dims and LEDs flash up, but the phone is still in a bootloop.

Sent from my CM10-powered GT-I9103
3rd December 2012, 03:19 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag ▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ █ Likes:XDA,The Weeknd Hates:Haters

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam77Root

There are plenty of situations in which the screen dims and LEDs flash up, but the phone is still in a bootloop.

Sent from my CM10-powered GT-I9103

Hi Adam, nice to see you here now regarding the point if the phone is taking too long to start, it definitely is in a bootloop ^_^

Sent from my GT-I9103 using xda app-developers app
20th January 2018, 10:48 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thanks
Thank You so much.You really helped me
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)