Overclocking

Search This thread
H

heins

Did it work? If not, is there any other way to overclock 4.2.1 stock rom?

injuhneer

Apr 4, 2015
Did it work? If not, is there any other way to overclock 4.2.1 stock rom?

This is an older thread. I'll probably get dinged for the bump.

The answer appears to be: No. I dug my old TF300T out today to have a go at correcting the cpu problems (spends most of its time in Deep Sleep or 475MHz making the tab unusable and slow). I actually have two, a 16GB and a 32GB.

The EZOverclock just makes my tab reboot. No joy. Have tried system tuner and No Frills as well as a litany of others. I believe 4.2.1 is fundamentally broken on the TF300x. Reports are that it worked on ICS but JB appears to be out of scope.

I suppose I'll go shopping for a ROM. I really like the TF300x but I can't take the SLLLOOOOOOOOWWWW response of the system.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Someone suggested that I start a thread on the current overclocking situation on the TF300 so here it is!

Yes, the stock kernel supports overclocking to 1.5ghz :D
    *Must be rooted

The best option at this point is the ezoverclock tool that is also being used for the TF201. This app allows you to overclock in a matter of seconds for free.
    1. Download and install the .apk
    .apk can be found on this page along with DrWowe who created the tool for the TF201 be sure to send him a thanks! http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1526311
    2. Open the app- allow su permissions
    3. Make sure the highest setting is set to 1.6ghz. *note, while it says 1.6ghz you will only achieve 1.5, if you set it to 1.5 you will only obtain 1.4ghz. This is due to the fact that the app was build for the TF201 not the TF300)
    4.Reboot- Enjoy your now overclocked Transformer Pad!

The AnTuTu overclock master tool has also been tested and confirmed working. Dimply download the app from the play store, open it and allow su permissions. Then set the settings to you liking. However I was getting slightly lower AnTuTu benchmarks while using this method. Probably because the governors are junk (like most overclocking apps).

I am sure there are other methods that are working but these two seem to be the most popular and best available! If you have anything to add feel free to comment or PM me and I will add it to the post. Happy overclocking!

**I take no credit for creating either of these tools, I am simply making it eaiser and more accessable to other TF300 users. I am also not responsible if your tablet blows up while using either of these tools. :)
    Antutu overclock master tool not needed at all. all that's needed is that EzOverclock app. then also the free app from play store called CPU Spy. this is the true way of confirming whether the overclock it really active or not. as it will show whether its active or inactive.

if you want an app to mess around with governors, scale sliders, etc... the app called System Tuner Pro is the best. they have a free version also which works fine. this app is every system tweak app, speed tweaking rolled into one. alot more in depth than setcpu or that Antutu tool. check it out. tons of stuff to play with in there.

Already used CPU soy to confirm the ezoverclock tool as working as well as sticking though .reboots
    I'm using antutu cpu master to underclock the device, I have it on max. 1ghz and min. 102mhz. It seems to spend more time in the lower steppings since I made that change (according to cpuspy). I'm still trying it out, to see if it will work for me and save some battery. I also have ezoverclock, I set balanced on 1ghz no need for higher clock since every game I've played runs great.

I have been using ezoverclock with the lowest setting at 1ghz. I seem to be getting much better battery life then stock this way. If I end up needing more power I simply click the performance button that Asus built in. Seems to be working great! It is a great feeling when you are able to under clock and still have plenty of processing power :)
    Does it use more battery at 1.5Ghz? Battery monitor widget shows info.
    Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

It is using more battery, although it does not seem to be a huge difference. If you do not need the overclock simply click on balanced mode to save some power. If you are like me and play hard core games on high detail then turn on performance mode when needed. :)
    Coming from the LG Revolution it's great to see so many people working on this. We just had one guy fulltime, the venerable mtmichaelson.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using XDA Premium HD app