Root/Updates/Rebranding/Unbricking - Official FunkyHuawei Support Thread for Mate 10

Search This thread

royhanks3

Dec 29, 2011
The restriction is not on Optus's end, but on Huawei's end.
I'm looking into what can be done regarding VoLTE enabling.
That's one of the main reasons I bought the unlimited pass was because I had hopes of getting Volte on this amazing beast. Thank you for all that you do!

Sent from my ALP-L29 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Texan1

Texan1

Dec 22, 2008
Australia
Google Pixel 7 Pro
The restriction is not on Optus's end, but on Huawei's end.
I'm looking into what can be done regarding VoLTE enabling.

Even though I am on recently released B131 software which states in the changelog:
"Adds the VoLTE feature. Please consult your local carrier to find out if it is supported." ??

Thank you for exploring further, I could never get VoLTE working on my Mate 9 and I was hoping (assumed) it would work on the newer Mate 10 :crying:

Edit - just been in touch with my carrier, Optus, and they confirmed VoLTE was already activated on my account/sim and they re-activated again just in case. Restarted phone and still no VoLTE option in the menu settings.... So Huawei say VoLTE is enabled on my phone, my carrier says it is enabled, but it appears not :(

Last edited:

duraaraa

Even though I am on recently released B131 software which states in the changelog:
"Adds the VoLTE feature. Please consult your local carrier to find out if it is supported." ??

Thank you for exploring further, I could never get VoLTE working on my Mate 9 and I was hoping (assumed) it would work on the newer Mate 10 :crying:

Edit - just been in touch with my carrier, Optus, and they confirmed VoLTE was already activated on my account/sim and they re-activated again just in case. Restarted phone and still no VoLTE option in the menu settings.... So Huawei say VoLTE is enabled on my phone, my carrier says it is enabled, but it appears not :(

Huawei has a table of supported carriers for VoLTE. If your sim matches it, you can turn on VoLTE. I'm working on a way to do this without an unlocked bootloader, so I will report some success soon I hope.

klopeck

Oct 13, 2013
Barataria Island
I'm with the same problem, my carrier (orange, Spain) says that I have VoLTE enabled but there is no option to enable it.

The same rom B131 (C636) with telcel Mexico.

090de613713352ff64d1451ec56b83fe.jpg

andybg40

Jun 10, 2011
@duraaraa I cant use android pay after rebrand, as says phone is rooted? I cant see anywhere in your instructions that it mentions tripping root. Can I flash to remove this?

Ayerok

Dec 26, 2016
Mexico City
Rebrand

Hello, i want to rebrand my mate 10 ALP-L09 (C212) to ALP-L29 (C636) but i cannot find support in your page for C212. can i do the rebranding with the tool? my build version is from AT&T and want to change it to international version.

---------- Post added at 10:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 PM ----------

I'm with the same problem, my carrier (orange, Spain) says that I have VoLTE enabled but there is no option to enable it.

The same rom B131 (C636) with telcel Mexico.

090de613713352ff64d1451ec56b83fe.jpg

Do yo rebranded your mate 10 bought in mexico?

klopeck

Oct 13, 2013
Barataria Island
Hello, i want to rebrand my mate 10 ALP-L09 (C212) to ALP-L29 (C636) but i cannot find support in your page for C212. can i do the rebranding with the tool? my build version is from AT&T and want to change it to international version.

---------- Post added at 10:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 PM ----------

Do yo rebranded your mate 10 bought in mexico?

Yes, he changed the brand from Telcel to the international and also obtained dual band.

Reactions: Ayerok

duraaraa

@duraaraa I cant use android pay after rebrand, as says phone is rooted? I cant see anywhere in your instructions that it mentions tripping root. Can I flash to remove this?

Perhaps you're using version 131, which isn't yet added to Google's SafetyNet database. Either wait for it, or downgrade to 129. Or if you have a different version or a different problem contact support.

Archibald1963

Mar 4, 2017
Huawei Mate X2
We will have BLA-L29 8.0.0.130(C432log) available soon for European Mate 10 Pro -- a new build from today.
Note that this is a pre-release version.
I have BLA-L09 (432), planning to rebrand to BLA-L29 dual sim (432),
Actually only reason is dual sim, I am new to android, so just one question if I am going to loose something after rebranding and please let me know the best way to back up and restore after rebranding.
Thanks, sorry my first steps with android..

duraaraa

I have BLA-L09 (432), planning to rebrand to BLA-L29 dual sim (432),
Actually only reason is dual sim, I am new to android, so just one question if I am going to loose something after rebranding and please let me know the best way to back up and restore after rebranding.
Thanks, sorry my first steps with android..

You'll lose the data on the phone when rebranding. I'm not sure if there is a 'best way' to back up, but I guess you can use HiSuite's backup/restore feature.

aerohp

Aug 30, 2012
Huawei has a table of supported carriers for VoLTE. If your sim matches it, you can turn on VoLTE. I'm working on a way to do this without an unlocked bootloader, so I will report some success soon I hope.

Looking forward to your success :)

I have the Mate 10 (ALP-L29) on the way that I'll be using on T-Mobile. Currently have the Nexus 6 that supports VoLTE so if you find a way to get VoLTE working on the Mate 10, I'll be set for the next few years!

I used the Nexus 6 for 3 years and plan on keeping the Mate 10 for just as long, if not longer.

duraaraa

Looking forward to your success :)

I have the Mate 10 (ALP-L29) on the way that I'll be using on T-Mobile. Currently have the Nexus 6 that supports VoLTE so if you find a way to get VoLTE working on the Mate 10, I'll be set for the next few years!

I used the Nexus 6 for 3 years and plan on keeping the Mate 10 for just as long, if not longer.

If there was a US branding for the Mate 10 (non-pro) it would be much easier. But there are a couple of possible ways to implement it. The issue is you'd need to redo it each time you update.

Reactions: aerohp

alexxutzu

May 19, 2012
Bucharest
Hello!

I came from S8 and now I got a Mate 10 Pro. Can you help me with some answers please?

The model is BLA-L09 - Build number: 125 (C432)

1. My phone is from Vodafone Romania (locked to Vodafone Network) this means I have a Locked Bootloader?
2. How can I root my model (I don't need custom recovery, just root) ?
3. If I root my phone, warranty will be void? Can this be visible in Huawei Services if I have some problems with the phone? (Samsung got Knox 0x1 after root)
4. How can I flash the stock firmware after root? (What is the application?)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Dear FunkyHuawei, instead of complaining to Mega about copyright for stuff you don't own, why don't you explain here on XDA how you change device's IMEI,how you pull sensitive information from your customers without warning or permission, and how you make use of other people's work in your software, without credit or anything?
    This is the proof FunkyHuawei is just a greedy person, a wolf disguised in a sheep.

P. S. Don't ask me to edit this post as you do with others when they post information that you don't want to be seen, like the DNS redirection to stuff that you don't own copyright.

This won't end here,Funky!
    This is the official FunkyHuawei support thread.
    FunkyHuawei is a (mostly) paid service which allows you to do the following:

1. Install the latest system software, even before it's released by OTA.
    2. Install beta/prerelease system software, without needing to be a beta tester.
    3. Recover a bricked phone.
    4. Rebranding / Change the region of your phone (China -> Europe, for example, to get Google and so on.)
    5. Enabling dual-sim features on single-sim phones.
    6. Root your EMUI 8 phone, even with stock recovery (This feature is free)

You do not need to unlock your bootloader, or void your warranty to use the service. (except the free rooting feature)

To find FunkyHuawei, please Google it. Or you can find a link to the service as well as our rebranding tool within the following XDA Portal article.
    https://www.xda-developers.com/exclusive-att-huawei-mate-10-pro-firmware/

We are pleased to announce FHUnbrickFlashTool -- You can now repair any recent Huawei phone via fastboot, even if you cannot access eRecovery or boot the phone! Even if it doesn't show the Huawei logo, as long as you can get a fastboot connection to your computer, you can recover the phone! Google FHUnbrickFlashTool or check FunkyHuawei's reddit for details.

In cooperation with XDA, FunkyHuawei is offering a free credit to Recognized Developers and Recognized Contributers on XDA.
    Please PM me for more details.

We will continue posting in this thread with updates regarding new software versions and releases regarding this device.
    We will also be monitoring it so we can help anyone who has issues.

FunkyHuawei, due to popular request, is now offering an unlimited pass. You can break your phone all you want, and turn to FunkyHuawei to unbrick it however many times you need to. You can also install all the latest updates, beta versions, and so on, without worrying about spending credits. You can check out more details on FH's reddit or homepage.

For device-specific information, please see the next post.
    We have found an early build of EMUI 9/Android P for the Mate 10. More updates about this may be coming :)
    Face unlock? emui 8.1? something different? :confused:

This update optimizes system performance and stability.
    Optimizes power consumption for longer usage. Improves system performance and stability for smoother operations. Optimizes the wallpaper display for a better experience.
    Fixes an issue where the other party's voice was occasionally delayed when answering calls while using OK Google.

The above is all I know. It's not EMUI 8.1
    Well, my 2c: I see a lot of heat against Funky Huawei here, let me introduce a different perspective:

The reason for FH (and others providers) to exist is because of Huawei shady business. IE: Huawei is intentionally blocking flashing through fastboot partitions that are required to boot in the first place. So basically, you are barking up at the wrong tree: Stand up and demand Huawei to change their behavior or we stop buying their hardware. I will most probably do that.

You might ask FH to correct prices, improve their services, stop collecting personal information, but Huawei is to blame for closing their phones to the extent of requiring third party services like FH...

Well... There are ways around "unlocking" phone, which both FH and DC uses.
    And they won't share this as it's bad for their business.

I will however chime in on the IMEI part.
    In the FHRebrandTool and P20 single to dual tool you have oeminfo files already included.
    These are named fhmo.lib in the Rebrand tool and Systeminfobackup in the P20 single to dual tool.
    I'm guessing they are then edited to fit your phone. (They are dumped from ALP-TL00, if you open them in a hex editor and search for ALP.)
    And we also have m10l.lib and fhp2m.lib. These are TWRP in disguise, with an all black theme and a white text. (And since they have FBE decryption I'm guessing they are the TWRP from zxzO0O)
    You can check this by unpacking using Android Image Kitchen.

But after editing and flashing fhmo.lib manually to oeminfo I got the same IMEI, IMEI1 and MEID as others who used this to rebrand, though only in fastboot but this affects the ability to unlock bootloader using your old unlock code if your phone should be locked again.
    (bootloader) IMEI: (redacted as this belongs to someone)4577
    (bootloader) IMEI1: (redacted as this belongs to someone)0300
    (bootloader) MEID: (redacted as this belongs to someone)2050

Edit: all it does is flashes twrp to your erecovery_ramdisk partition using slock, as it can't flash that otherwise.
    Unlocks bootloader if it's not unlocked already.
    It then modifies the included oeminfo and flashes to your device using adb.

That meaning you will end up with a different IMEI, IMEI1 and MEID in Fastboot as it doesn't do anything to your own oeminfo. It doesn't even back it up.
    After this you're forced to use HCU to either get a new unlock code or change your imei/MEID back to your original ones.