[ROM][AOSP][4.4/6.0/7.1] Unlegacy Android Project

Search This thread

MorenK1

Jul 15, 2013
Hi @Ziyan,

I am using ua_espresso-6.0.1-20170206.zip on P3113. I don't quite like the default 160 DPI. I changed the DPI from build.prop ro.sf.lcd_density=160 to 177, 180, 213 and 240, then the softkey disappeared. This makes the ROM unusable for any higher DPI than the default 160dpi.

Appreciate if you would be able to come up with a fix. If there is no possible to support multiple DPIs, I think I really prefer 213 DPI to work. Thanks.
I just had your same problem and it's driving me nuts, have you found any workarounds?
I'm probably just going to try of another ROM but I'm amazed no one else seems to have noticed

ginore

Feb 15, 2015
Mantova
I tested the latest build with, Opengapps Arm | 7.1 , Deltadroid-gapps e ben-gapps. And on startup, it says setup wizard has stopped.
The ROM starts if installed smooth, without gapps.

Reactions: M1chiel

ginore

Feb 15, 2015
Mantova
I tested the latest build with, Opengapps Arm | 7.1 , Deltadroid-gapps e ben-gapps. And on startup, it says setup wizard has stopped.
The ROM starts if installed smooth, without gapps.

Update
Clean installation ua_espresso-7.1.2-20180125-0316.zip (with twrp 3.2.0-0)
gapps installation (first test with deltadroid, second trial with opengapps)
restart in recoveri
fast installation, on clean rom reboot but without gapps, have not been installed
restart in recoveri
I reinstall gapps
restart in recoveri
appears gapps icon
I register but it does not work, the message appears: it is necessary to register ........

Conclusion: rom smooth, excellent, fast, impossible to have gapps.
With the old versions of aosp 7.1 no problem with gapps.:cyclops:

For the moment I solved this way: I installed the ROM, restarted, installed APKPure 2.5.3

Last edited:
Reactions: laharl_22

mentat

Feb 9, 2007
OpenGApps (Pico) with UAP (AOSP 7.1) on P5113 (espresso)

Greetings,

In an attempt to isolate the issues preventing the installation/use of GApps (setup wizard) I have attached logs (hopefully) capturing the error.

Clean installation of ua_espresso-7.1.2-20180125-0316.zip + open_gapps-arm-7.1-pico-20180127.zip using TWRP 3.2 (3.2.1) on P5113

Logs collected using ADB via USB connection to Windows laptop following initial (system) boot (immediately following initial setup wizard crash).

Please let me know if there is any additional information that I can provide to assist (anyone) in making sense of these log files.

BTW, it is possible to exit the setup wizard (using the "four corners" method) and continue with the installation (manually) using Pico GApps.

Thanks.

Attachments

• logs.AOSP7.zip
    95.9 KB · Views: 10

Android-Andi

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Mar 3, 2013
andi34.github.io
Greetings,

In an attempt to isolate the issues preventing the installation/use of GApps (setup wizard) I have attached logs (hopefully) capturing the error.

Clean installation of ua_espresso-7.1.2-20180125-0316.zip + open_gapps-arm-7.1-pico-20180127.zip using TWRP 3.2 (3.2.1) on P5113

Logs collected using ADB via USB connection to Windows laptop following initial (system) boot (immediately following initial setup wizard crash).

Please let me know if there is any additional information that I can provide to assist (anyone) in making sense of these log files.

BTW, it is possible to exit the setup wizard (using the "four corners" method) and continue with the installation (manually) using Pico GApps.

Thanks.
Guess you haven't read 2nd post:

GApps
If you want to install GApps, we recommend Open GApps Nano or BaNkS GApps.

An important note: as this is a pure AOSP ROM, installing GApps tends to be problematic: in order to try to avoid installation issues, be sure to install GApps immediately after installing the ROM, before booting the system for the first time. After the initial bootup finished, be sure to go into Settings -> Apps, and grant every permission to every Google application - most importantly, Google Play services.
In the case of an upgrade, be sure to re-install the GApps package, as upgrading wipes /system. You shouldn't need to re-set the permissions afterwards.
(...)
You need to set permissions first!

mentat

Feb 9, 2007
Guess you haven't read 2nd post:

You need to set permissions first!

I did read (every) post, but apparently still do not understand.

After the initial boot, the setup wizard starts automatically, and on exiting the wizard, I did check in Settings (Apps) to verify that Google Play Services and Google Play Store were already granted all permissions.

If I enable Wi-Fi and connect to my router I can launch the Play Store app, enter my credentials and install apps without issue (I just can't get back to the setup wizard once it has been closed).

Thanks.

hollandais

Nov 13, 2012
Morsang sur Orge
I am on los 14.1 by Android-Andi.

Can you convince me to switch to this one. Because current is running smoothly right now
He, do as everybody, make a backup, then try another ROM, and if it's not convenient you can restore yours... And don't forget to tell us which one you tried and your feeling about...

Envoyé de mon Galaxy Tab 2 en utilisant Tapatalk

Reactions: guest4711

mentat

Feb 9, 2007
UAP (AOSP 7.1) Wi-Fi default settings (espresso)

Greetings,

Is it possible to build UAP (AOSP 7.1) for espresso with Wi-Fi enabled (Wi-Fi = On) by default?

It appears that BT is enabled by default but Wi-Fi is disabled by default in current builds of the AOSP 7.1 version of the UAP ROM.

If not, is it possible to modify the ROM (zip file) to enable Wi-Fi (prior to flash/installation) and if so, what changes need to be made?

Thanks.

Reactions: tantzor

mentat

Feb 9, 2007
Who says that wishes don't come true?

Greetings,

Is it possible to build UAP (AOSP 7.1) for espresso with Wi-Fi enabled (Wi-Fi = On) by default?

It appears that BT is enabled by default but Wi-Fi is disabled by default in current builds of the AOSP 7.1 version of the UAP ROM.

If not, is it possible to modify the ROM (zip file) to enable Wi-Fi (prior to flash/installation) and if so, what changes need to be made?

Thanks.

Great news for GApps users!

https://github.com/Unlegacy-Android...mmit/cba57a8a09b6587c3f5c491fd0e2c7d39b69ecef

Performed clean installation using TWRP 3.2.1-0 on P5113

ua_espresso-7.1.2-20180208-0321.zip
SR5-SuperSU-v2.82-SR5-20171001224502.zip
open_gapps-arm-7.1-pico-20180207.zip

Successfully completed the "Setup Wizard" with no issues (running fast and smooth).

Big thanks to @ShevT and @Ziyan (and everyone else involved in supporting the UAP).

Thanks.

secretwolf98

Jan 30, 2017
Iowa
r5-3600.github.io
Great news for GApps users!

https://github.com/Unlegacy-Android...mmit/cba57a8a09b6587c3f5c491fd0e2c7d39b69ecef

Performed clean installation using TWRP 3.2.1-0 on P5113

ua_espresso-7.1.2-20180208-0321.zip
SR5-SuperSU-v2.82-SR5-20171001224502.zip
open_gapps-arm-7.1-pico-20180207.zip

Successfully completed the "Setup Wizard" with no issues (running fast and smooth).

Big thanks to @ShevT and @Ziyan (and everyone else involved in supporting the UAP).

Thanks.

When you use the supersu package, does root work on the device?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The Unlegacy-Android Project​
    Introduction
    Unlegacy-Android started out as the OMAP4-AOSP Project. It was created in late 2015 in order to maintain a clean and organized place for pure AOSP support for various OMAP4 devices, such as the Galaxy Nexus and the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 series. Over time this evolved to support more than just these devices, but still maintains its roots of supporting "legacy" devices that no longer receive "official" updates: hence Unlegacy-Android was born.

Installation
    It's important that /system needs to be unmounted before installing the ROM - some recoveries tend to leave it mounted after performing operations on it.

If you're planning to install GApps, be sure to read the second post!

Aside from these, installation and upgrading is no different than on other ROMs. As usual, 'espresso' goes for all non-3g versions, 'espresso3g' goes for all 3g versions.

Problems
    - Occasional sound stuttering in some games
    - No hwrotation (meaning the boot animation is landscape on p31xx). I don't consider this as a problem, as autorotation will take effect after bootup anyways... and most 7" tablets, like the Nexus 7 work this way as well.
    - The 7.1 builds are experimental! Means: modem not working perfectly yet.

If you notice anything else, be sure to report it in this thread. While I'm kind of busy, I usually read the thread and acknowledge the bug reports, even if I don't reply directly to them.

Downloads
    See: http://builds.unlegacy-android.org
    Always use the latest TWRP, to flash Android 7.x, you must use TWRP 3.0.3-0 or newer.

Features?
    There isn't much to say here - this is AOSP, if you install GApps, you pretty much get the same thing that's running on the Nexus devices. The aim of this project is to create a fast and stable ROM - although, one could use Xposed to add extra features.

As usual, feedback is appreciated :)

Want to support development? You can consider donating, I spent countless of hours with this :)

XDA:DevDB Information
    Unlegacy Android Project, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2

Contributors
    Ziyan, Android-Andi
    Source Code: https://github.com/Unlegacy-Android

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Firmware Required: The latest bootloader for your device.

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 4.4, 6.0

Created 2016-07-03
    Last Updated 2017-10-22
    GApps
    If you want to install GApps, we recommend Open GApps Nano or BaNkS GApps.

An important note: as this is a pure AOSP ROM, installing GApps tends to be problematic: in order to try to avoid installation issues, be sure to install GApps immediately after installing the ROM, before booting the system for the first time. After the initial bootup finished, be sure to go into Settings -> Apps, and grant every permission to every Google application - most importantly, Google Play services.
    In the case of an upgrade, be sure to re-install the GApps package, as upgrading wipes /system. You shouldn't need to re-set the permissions afterwards.

One more note. DO NOT set up your Google account until you grant all permissions, otherwise you will be stuck on the initial setup.

Rooting
    You can flash either the latest SuperSU or OpenSource SuperUser to get rooted.
    Good news: Bluetooth is now fixed as well, the 0119 nightly will include both the Bluetooth and audio fixes :)
    The audio on only one speaker/headphone issue is now fixed, the fix is included in tomorrow's nightly :) next is bluetooth.
    I completely forgot to show this off!
    View attachment 3862027