FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][4.1+] YouTube Downloader v6.7.1

1,611 posts
Thanks Meter: 6,585
 
Post Reply Email Thread
30th January 2018, 12:54 PM |#3291  
Senior Member
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 1,820
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xda_dentex

.. it actually seems redundant when you can download AO formats as m4a or ogg). Do you agree?

Its a pity, but in a good way that you don't collect usage data. I personally only download the video (with audio) or just as an MP3. But, that's just me. For the functionality this app provides, I personally wouldn't mind an "extra wait" over more work for you.
 
 
30th January 2018, 01:00 PM |#3292  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xda_dentex

Hello.
Ogg is the right container for the opus stream, this is why after you download an opus AO format, it passes through FFmpeg; opus/ogg files don't go through the auto-mp3 extraction by design. It works only for video files (when you want both the video AND its audio in mp3 - this is the only reason why I left the auto-conversion feature; it actually seems redundant when you can download AO formats as m4a or ogg). Do you agree?

Thanks for the quick response!
Maybe I should properly define my use-case:
- I need the audio file in mp3 format due to compatibility issues (streaming the data directly to a mp3-only player...)
- I want to download the best audio quality at the lowest download size -> opus (I convert to high bitrate mp3 to preserve as much of this quality as possible)

The feature "Auto-extract audio" with setting "Extract and encode audio to mp3" is actually a really neat feature for my use-case.
It works just fine when selecting the AO download in m4a format (downloading the m4a and directly converting it to mp3 and deleting the m4a).
But when trying the same on AO downloads in opus format, the auto-conversion fails with an error message telling me the "file was not found".
(As I found in the logcat this is due to the missing ".ogg" extension in the auto-convert ffmpeg command line call.)

I then have to manually:
- click the opus download
- select "encode to mp3"
- select higher bitrate (still defaults to 128)
- select delete original file

So it would be great, if the auto-conversion feature would work the same for opus as it does for m4a, instead of me doing the conversion manually after the download...
Thanks for your great work!
30th January 2018, 01:54 PM |#3293  
xda_dentex's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 6,585
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DomsDoms

Thanks for the quick response!
Maybe I should properly define my use-case:
- I need the audio file in mp3 format due to compatibility issues (streaming the data directly to a mp3-only player...)
- I want to download the best audio quality at the lowest download size -> opus (I convert to high bitrate mp3 to preserve as much of this quality as possible)

The feature "Auto-extract audio" with setting "Extract and encode audio to mp3" is actually a really neat feature for my use-case.
It works just fine when selecting the AO download in m4a format (downloading the m4a and directly converting it to mp3 and deleting the m4a).
But when trying the same on AO downloads in opus format, the auto-conversion fails with an error message telling me the "file was not found".
(As I found in the logcat this is due to the missing ".ogg" extension in the auto-convert ffmpeg command line call.)

I then have to manually:
- click the opus download
- select "encode to mp3"
- select higher bitrate (still defaults to 128)
- select delete original file

So it would be great, if the auto-conversion feature would work the same for opus as it does for m4a, instead of me doing the conversion manually after the download...
Thanks for your great work!

Oook. Now is clear. And thanks for saving me the time to debug this.
What happened is that when I introduced the auto-wrap for the opus files into an ogg container, I didn't touch the FFmpeg call (in case of the auto-conversion feature), resulting in this "file not found" error. This is easily adjustable, as you can imagine.

Talking about the auto-extract audio feature, instead, I was thinking about removing it altogether... I see it as redundant, from back when I added the auto MUX (for 480 and 1080p) and the mp3 automatic extraction INTO THE FORMAT TAB (uppercase for emphasis). This is the point: you already have the download of an audio only format straight into mp3 (and you can choose its quality also); but instead of being an opus, it's an m4a... I can check exactly how can we compare them, as I'm not sure that the opus hi-q is always better than the m4a medium-quality (which is also always available for download).

I hope it's clear enough. If not please elaborate on this.

Thanks mate.
The Following User Says Thank You to xda_dentex For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xda_dentex Ad-Free
30th January 2018, 02:01 PM |#3294  
xda_dentex's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 6,585
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondJohn

Its a pity, but in a good way that you don't collect usage data. I personally only download the video (with audio) or just as an MP3. But, that's just me. For the functionality this app provides, I personally wouldn't mind an "extra wait" over more work for you.

That's not completely true: in the sense that some data about crashes and other info as the OS version or the processor/RAM/etc, are collected in aggregated form. I mean, I cannot link anything to anyone in particular. So in this sense, yes, I don't collect any personal data (the library it's called "crashlitycs" and it's widely used by many apps).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo_2018-01-30_15-04-59.jpg
Views:	228
Size:	91.7 KB
ID:	4404345  
The Following User Says Thank You to xda_dentex For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xda_dentex Ad-Free
30th January 2018, 03:10 PM |#3295  
xda_dentex's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 6,585
 
Donate to Me
More
@DomsDoms check https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...&postcount=581
31st January 2018, 10:11 AM |#3296  
Senior Member
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 1,820
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xda_dentex

That's not completely true: in the sense that some data about crashes and other info as the OS version or the processor/RAM/etc, are collected in aggregated form. I mean, I cannot link anything to anyone in particular. So in this sense, yes, I don't collect any personal data (the library it's called "crashlitycs" and it's widely used by many apps).

I havent investigated myself, but from the name and your description, It will only collect data when a crash occurs, not when it all goes smoothly. I personally am not worried, as I always wear my aluminium foil hat whenever on the internet so you will never know my thoughts
31st January 2018, 12:41 PM |#3297  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xda_dentex

Oook. Now is clear. And thanks for saving me the time to debug this.
What happened is that when I introduced the auto-wrap for the opus files into an ogg container, I didn't touch the FFmpeg call (in case of the auto-conversion feature), resulting in this "file not found" error. This is easily adjustable, as you can imagine.

That's what I thought.
Thanks for the quick fix, it now works as expected!
31st January 2018, 01:26 PM |#3298  
Senior Member
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 1,820
 
More
FYI on crashanalytics, I checked part of my tin-foil-hat...err...I mean my hosts file, and found a number of crashanalytics hosts were being blocked.
4th February 2018, 06:28 AM |#3299  
Member
Thanks Meter: 36
 
More
Hi I was wondering if it would be possible to add like a share option so you could add your own videos that you've downloaded from YouTube and saved to your device so you can convert the video to audio or just extract the audio like you normally can through this app. The reason I ask is because I'm trying to get a mp3 from 2 videos I downloaded a long time ago and all the good/original versions have been taken down from YouTube I've tried to add them myself but they Immediately get taken down.. And I really want those songs..
I hope I'm not asking to much and if i am I apologize if you know another way I could get the songs I'm been trying to get or if there's already an app out there that does what I'm asking I'd appreciate the help thanks.

Sent from my Galaxy S8+ using XDA Labs
4th February 2018, 07:15 PM |#3300  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Thank you so much!
The Following User Says Thank You to Dincrid For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Dincrid Ad-Free
6th February 2018, 10:44 PM |#3301  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Thank you so much. But why it requested add on when i downloaded 1080hd. What is that from ? Where it located. Thank
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
adfree, youtube downloader android dentex free

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes