Ogg is the right container for the opus stream, this is why after you download an opus AO format, it passes through FFmpeg; opus/ogg files don't go through the auto-mp3 extraction by design. It works only for video files (when you want both the video AND its audio in mp3 - this is the only reason why I left the auto-conversion feature; it actually seems redundant when you can download AO formats as m4a or ogg). Do you agree?
Thanks for the quick response!
Maybe I should properly define my use-case:
- I need the audio file in mp3 format due to compatibility issues (streaming the data directly to a mp3-only player...)
- I want to download the best audio quality at the lowest download size -> opus (I convert to high bitrate mp3 to preserve as much of this quality as possible)
The feature "Auto-extract audio" with setting "Extract and encode audio to mp3" is actually a really neat feature for my use-case.
It works just fine when selecting the AO download in m4a format (downloading the m4a and directly converting it to mp3 and deleting the m4a).
But when trying the same on AO downloads in opus format, the auto-conversion fails with an error message telling me the "file was not found".
(As I found in the logcat this is due to the missing ".ogg" extension in the auto-convert ffmpeg command line call.)
I then have to manually:
- click the opus download
- select "encode to mp3"
- select higher bitrate (still defaults to 128)
- select delete original file
So it would be great, if the auto-conversion feature would work the same for opus as it does for m4a, instead of me doing the conversion manually after the download...
Thanks for your great work!
Its a pity, but in a good way that you don't collect usage data. I personally only download the video (with audio) or just as an MP3. But, that's just me. For the functionality this app provides, I personally wouldn't mind an "extra wait" over more work for you.
That's not completely true: in the sense that some data about crashes and other info as the OS version or the processor/RAM/etc, are collected in aggregated form. I mean, I cannot link anything to anyone in particular. So in this sense, yes, I don't collect any personal data (the library it's called "crashlitycs" and it's widely used by many apps).
Oook. Now is clear. And thanks for saving me the time to debug this.
What happened is that when I introduced the auto-wrap for the opus files into an ogg container, I didn't touch the FFmpeg call (in case of the auto-conversion feature), resulting in this "file not found" error. This is easily adjustable, as you can imagine.
|adfree, youtube downloader android dentex free|
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|