[Newbie Friendly] Zooper Q&A Help Thread

Search This thread

kaarthi1992

Nov 28, 2013
hey guys ,
i created a widget all working fine. but battery always showing -1%...
any idea??
im on oneplus 5T
ve attached screenshot

der_RAV3N

Dec 2, 2013
plus.google.com
Calculations for width are not working

Hey,

I'm currently building an own "timer meter", I'm using the "Advanced Parameters" with a Rectangle for it.

I basically have that Rectangle which should go from width 0px to 100px which repeats every 2 hours, the start and end is every uneven hour at :30, so for example one cycle goes from 1:30pm to 3:30pm:

dQ1gecM.png

I have the "code" built for it, but for some reason (I'm not really used to this syntax), it doesn't recognize the if statements etc.
May anyone of you who has experience, can look over it and tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Code:
calculation for even or uneven hour:
   $((#DH#%2)=0?_____even_____:____uneven____)$

even:
      (25+int(#Dmm#*0,84))

uneven:
      calculation for before and after :30 of the hour:
         (#Dmm#<30)?_____before30_____:_____after30_____)

before30:
            (int(#Dmm#*0,84))
         after30:
            (50+int(#Dmm#*0,84))

done:
   $(
      (#DH#%2)=0 ?
         (25+int(#Dmm#*0,84))
      :
         (#Dmm#<30) ?
            (int(#Dmm#*0,84))
         :
            (50+int(#Dmm#*0,84)))
   )$

$((#DH#%2)=0?(25+int(#Dmm#*0,84)):(#Dmm#<30)?(int(#Dmm#*0,84)):(50+int(#Dmm#*0,84))))$

The last line here is what I'm actually using, it should totally work when I'm understanding the syntax correctly, but this is the outcome:
lL3Bucc.png

edit:

Okay, so I came across a few answers about nested conditions and found varying answers, first said, you could use multiple conditionals nested, but you'd have to use square brackets "[" "]" for it to work, but it didn't work for me?
Then the other people where saying to just add up the conditions with "&&" and "||", then I did that, but now it still doesn't calculate the size:
Code:
$(#DH#%2)=1 && (#Dmm#<30)?[rw](int(#Dmm#*0,84))[/rw]$
$(#DH#%2)=1 && (#Dmm#>=30)?[rw](50+int(#Dmm#*0,84))[/rw]$
$(#DH#%2)=0?[rw](25+int(#Dmm#*0,84))[/rw]$

It does recognize which of those statements is true, but the calculation inside the [rw] brackets is still not done. Am I also not allowed to do that after a conditional statement???

Last edited:

Stormfruit

Dec 14, 2017
Is there a way to display different variations of a line of text? I'm trying to code a welcome message that changes depending on the time, but I'm so lost...

Hello all,
I hope everyone is fine...

What I want to achieve is how many hours since I unplugged the phone charger...

Now I have the time in battery section #BDTh:mma#
And in Date section #DRh# and also #DTh#...
I don't know how to use them nor which one to use, there is no guide or samples...

If I disconnected the charger at 3 PM and it's 6 PM, it should show 3 hours elapsed... And if it's 3 AM then it's 12 hours elapsed...

Please help me achieve this...

UPDATE:
Got it...
Code:
#BSTAT# since #D$(#BDTyMMddHHmm#)$Rh# hours ago

Last edited:

bcormeay

Nov 29, 2014
I'm trying to create a calendar with a similar look to the one displayed in the Zooper Widget Pro page in the store:
Ab_0hzY-IbQpEBQgcuCAYNYLUFHoFJU0WlIgQ1hHu8qnjtLcIQYnAJLXxVRhZO1-8MI=h900-rw

I've searched in vain for this online and haven't had much luck creating my own.

Can somebody point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance.

sammad1

Jun 16, 2011
Pittsburgh
I modified an existing Zooper widget, to just leave the day and date. You can see what my layout looks like in the attached screenshot. As you can see, right now I have it centered, and there is a ton of blank space at the top and the bottom. I would like to modify it to where there is no blank space - just the content surrounded immediately by the border. In other words, I want to crop away the extra space at the top and bottom.

Is this possible? Sorry if this is obvious - I am just now learning how to use Zooper.
I would love to know the answer to this as well. I have a widget that I created that has blank space that I'd like to eliminate too. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

ZerthSpirit

Jun 1, 2018
Color by Day

Hey guys, I'm trying to do something super basic, and I'm sure I'm being obtuse, and I'd appreciate some help. I am using a widget that lists the days of the month in a long vertical list. Example:

01 FRI
02 SAT
03 SUN
04 MON
etc.

All that I would like to do is make it so that Wednesdays and Sundays are a different color. These are the days my bf is off work and I'd like to know at a glance if he's free on the 22nd (or whatever). I decided to just start simple and see if I could figure out how to do Wednesdays, and I can't get it to work.
The list is formatted as Series/Day of the month short.

Here are the advanced param codes I have tried, both for all wednesdays, and a few testing a specific wednesday (because of the day of the month thing?):

$#DE#=Wed?[c]1CF8CC]Wed[/c]$
$#Df#=4?[c]1CF8CC]Wed[/c]$
$#DE#=Wed?[c]1CF8CC][/c]$
$#Df#=4?[c]1CF8CC][/c]$
$#Df#=4?[c=#1CF8CC#]Wed[/c]$
$#Dd#=06 Wed?[c]1CF8CC]06 Wed[/c]$
$#Dd#=06?[c]1CF8CC]06 Wed[/c]$

I have worked with code before ( mostly like html and css and a few other light projects) so I didn't think it would be this hard :crying: Can someone please help me?

hiddencrush

Oct 28, 2016
Zooper Widget Pro

Hello guys, i wanna buy zooper widget pro application but in Google Play its showing it's not available in my country, is there any other way that i can buy it??

=dgim=

Apr 18, 2010
Hi, could you someone put here command to numbers of active processess ? I used #SEXps | grep -c u0_a# but, I don't know from what time I receive always number 3 even when these processess was more.

secondelric

Jun 8, 2017
Hi, I've e installed Zooper fred, and download some templates from this forum(example pixel whether widget), and copied to Zooper free folder(templates and others copy too). So they don't appear, what I make wrong?

MadddcorE™

Aug 13, 2018
Hey guys, I am trying to create a clock widget with linear gradient effect. How i can add more than just one color? pls help.

*skew

Oct 3, 2013
Progress Bar questions!!! :)

First off I am only using Zooper Pro to attempt this functionality switch. I do have Tasker but I really can't be integrating both together right now because the phone I am currently using couldn't handle it anyways. It is a very simple switch and I have more than likely done this once before already but it's been a while & I could really use a refresher. I will post a picture showing the advanced parameters I have already met (obviously the wrong ones) and hopefully you can weed out the bad parts and throw in some juice! no pun intended.

ok: I emulated a battery progress bar, split & spaced it until there were just 4 phases (parts of the bar that still remain on the screen) this is not fusion. just art ok.

I overlayed each block with an outlined copy of itself so that I could obviously change the shape. who likes square blocks on their smartphone. if I wanted to be in 1980 I would get rid of the phone altogether. this is not the case. i need to be able to change the foreground color of the bar at different intervals so that each block (or phase) of my battery level can change as well. Simple enough? guess not. please take look at the screenies and let me know what's up. thanks.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-01-15-21-36-04.png
    Screenshot_2019-01-15-21-36-04.png
    103.2 KB · Views: 111

Simons101

Aug 17, 2018
Nexus 7
Missing resources

Hi,
Missing all internal resources, searched device but can't locate to put in resource folders so I can export widget.

Best I can do ...
failed java.io. filenotfoundexception. ...... fonts/originBold.tff. no file found

here's a pic.. no pic. Can't post pics. Ahhhhhhh
Internal images not working for me dohhh
Love the app... even bought pro.. just wanted an widget of mem/sd usage wifi and ip. With a clock and this app nailed it
Barr the export issue ... dealing with like 10 othher issues and a very annoying surface pro 3. So sorry if this is a simple answer..
Cheers richard.

Neo.amro

Jan 31, 2019
Question how up calender Automatic fit on screen

Question how up calender Automatic fit on screen
When month change example when change from January to February its not fit automatic jan 31 days
Feb 28 days not automatically fit on screen
n97B91x

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/n97B91x"><a href="//imgur.com/n97B91x"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

AyJayOk

Apr 9, 2020
Ottawa
My widget is installed and was working properly. I woke up this morning and the time displayed on the widget is WAY behind the actual time.

I've tried manually refreshing it and it only displays the time that I refreshed and stops there. I've also enabled standby updates so that it would run with the screen off. Nothing has worked so far.

So, how do I get my widget to automatically refresh and display the proper time?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ask Your Zooper Question!

Having gone through the, at the moment of typing, 7 pages in this subforum; it quickly became apparent that a lot of members had questions they wanted answered regarding varying components of Zooper Widget Pro ranging from problems "caused" by it to some coding/programming help.

My aim is to create a singular thread where members can dump all of their queries and, hopefully, in that process help each other out where possible. Of course, it wouldn't go amiss if a few wisened senior members (read: not me) can drop in every now and then to aid replying to the questions. If you have some niche/specific questions, by all means go ahead and create your own thread if you can't find your solution here.

As thread starter, I'll make it clear that, unlike Zooper Widget, I'm no Pro. I've been playing around with UCCW for a long time until recently another member advised me to give Zooper a try. It's been a week since then, and I'm still being amazed by the features available. I've still got to learn more about integrating with Tasker in order to add even more functionality but I've got plenty of time to work that out.

Currently, I've been working on a mainly Zooper based homescreen pack which I may post later on. Suffice to say, I have basic knowledge of manipulating codes, editing layout, and dabbled my hands in progress bars, changing icon sets, etc. I think it would be a great idea to spread what I know and, perhaps, get something back as well.

Links to somewhat helpful resources which you should probably have a look at before making your post here:
    - Zooper Widget - The Complete Guide VIDEO
    - Zooper Widget Conditionals - The Basics VIDEO
    - Zooper Widget - Advanced Parameters VIDEO
    - Comprehensive list of Zooper Guides, References & Advanced Parameters as compiled by Kwerdenker XDA

Cheers.
    This is my first time playing with parameters in Zooper and I am stuck with a frankly embarrassingly basic problem. I want to print text in one of three colors based on temperature but Zooper only seems to register the first condition and prints everything as red. Here's the offending snippet:
    $#WCTEMPN#<150?[c=#ffff0000]$
    $#WCTEMPN#<90?[c=#ffeb8600]$
    $#WCTEMPN#<75?[c=#ff777777]$
    #WCTEMPN#°[/c]

Try to put the parameters in the opposite order (low to high in this case), usually solves that problem for me.

In general you are better off if you properly guard your conditions on both sides of the range, where they should be true, to avoid overlap between them. So instead of writing the above, you would end up with this:
    $#WCTEMPN# >= 90 && #WCTEMPN#<150?[c=#ffff0000]$
    $#WCTEMPN# >= 75 && #WCTEMPN#<90?[c=#ffeb8600]$
    $#WCTEMPN#<75?[c=#ff777777]$
    #WCTEMPN#°[/c]

This is to ensure that only one condition can be true at the same time, which is important for the parser of Zooper.
    Just fooling around with Zooper and was wondering if it's possible to mask a bitmap with a shape within Zooper. For example have a square picture inside of a circle. Or do you have to create the circle bitmap and import it. Thanks.

You can do a limited type of masking in Zooper with the "Drawing Mode" option of most modules. "Clear" will mask anything below that module down to the module, "XOR" will work as "Clear" if there is something below and act normal for the parts that don't have anything below them.

---------- Post added at 11:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 AM ----------

hey guys, i want to make some widgets ontap point to some things which i cannot seem to do.

for example how can i pull up settings - storage?
    or settings - battery?

seems like some things are available but not all?

Give this free app a try https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ss.moreshortcuts . It will enable you to use shortcuts to virtually anything on your phone :)
    Hey, everyone!

I'd like to have a couple templates of text for weekdays. Let's say it's Monday: "it's just Monday" and when it's Friday then: "relax it's already Friday"? How can I achieve that? :confused:

F6PN367.png

Text module:
    Code:
    $#DE#=Mon?it's just Monday$
    $#DE#=Tue?oh, it's Tuesday$
    $#DE#=Wed?hey, it's Wednesday$

and so on for each weekday.

Hope I could help
    Hi, I wanted to ask help for my Widget in which I would like to set the time and the date of the latest update on the Widget as the Weather Widget from Samsing Galaxy would know how doing?
    Thank you.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Free mobile app

This is available as a free date variable, so you have to put in what information you want to have displayed. Something like 09:23 23/06 (Hours:Minutes Day/Month) for instance would be #WLRHH:mm dd/mm#. Use this as the content of a (Rich) Text module and you should be good to go.
    If you want to more information about free date formats, you can check the Date subsection in the editor to see all available fields or go to this http://www.zooper.org/wp/android/zw/date website.