[All Devices] Xiaomi Firmware Updater V5 [Auto updated daily!]

Search This thread

yshalsager

Recognized Developer
There's something wrong (?) in the updater-script for Mido's (HMNote4XGlobal) firmware package. In the firmware package made by someone else, the line for the last firmware image is:
package_extract_file("firmware-update/sec.dat", "/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/sec");
But in your firmware package, it is:
package_extract_file("firmware-update/sec.dat", "/firmware/image/sec.dat");
Would it not flash since it's a path different to the other firmware images?
Sent from my Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 using XDA Labs

Fixed!
https://github.com/xiaomi-firmware-...mmit/7102cfd8c90efaf9b09ea8e1438c8d3963750876
Thanks, @arizaini
https://github.com/xiaomi-firmware-updater/xiaomi-flashable-firmware-creator/pull/1
All 8.2.1 files has been re-uploaded

Last edited:

zainifame

Aug 26, 2015
Lampung
Lenovo K900
Samsung Galaxy Fame
Contemplating if I should dare to try this again.

i was flashing firmware only many time on my device redmi 3s prime and its not causing bootloader to lock again, my bootloader still unlock after finish flashing all the firmware and there's no prob btw...

---------- Post added at 05:20 ---------- Previous post was at 05:18 ----------

nice to know it useful :)

Reactions: yshalsager

yshalsager

Recognized Developer
Xiaomi Firmware Updater V2 has been released!
Changes:
  • Nearly re-made from scratch, more simple, more powerful, and more devices!
  • I've added almost every miui9 device which has "firmware-update" folder.
  • Xiaomi Redmi 2 / Prime is now supported.

You can check the script on GitHub as always:
https://github.com/xiaomi-firmware-updater/mi-firmware-updater
All supported devices: Weekly - Stable

xerxes1511

Aug 9, 2014
G

GuestK0051

You're welcome. I think the tool is fully stable now.
I need suggestions for improvements and new features :good:
Is there a way to see when new versions are released (like RSS), maybe even versions for your phone model or you could maks an updater app that downloads the appropriate update. If you really need somehing to do it could even reboot to recovery and flash the update like the LOS Updater.

In any case, thanks for your work.

yshalsager

Recognized Developer
Is there a way to see when new versions are released (like RSS), maybe even versions for your phone model or you could maks an updater app that downloads the appropriate update. If you really need somehing to do it could even reboot to recovery and flash the update like the LOS Updater.

In any case, thanks for your work.

1- (like RSS) feature: will be cool, I'll search for it.
2- An updater app: Surely this will be made, maybe soon.
3- update like LOS Updater: I think this is open-recovery script.
Thanks for suggestions!

Subhashnano

Oct 17, 2017
You're welcome. I think the tool is fully stable now.
I need suggestions for improvements and new features :good:
Please Make Device Name Wise Folder , As the device short name are too similar in direct firmware folders

One can mistakenly download and flash firmware of other device and get into boot loop

Sent from my Redmi 3S using Tapatalk

yshalsager

Recognized Developer
Please Make Device Name Wise Folder , As the device short name are too similar in direct firmware folders

One can mistakenly download and flash firmware of other device and get into boot loop

Sent from my Redmi 3S using Tapatalk

Okay, I'll keep that in my plan. But don't worry about wrong flashing, every firmware zip has device assert. It won't be flashed in another device.

darckengel

Apr 13, 2011
Hi,
I forgot to remove the two files and now i can only enter to fastboot.
Can you tell how to get my phone back?
Thanks

Last edited:

darckengel

Apr 13, 2011
Officially unlock your bootloader (try flashing stock miui first and then unlock it).

Xiaomi never answeared my request for unlocking so i unlocked it unofficially...
I reflash a miui stock with fastboot edl and re-unlocked my bootloader and restore a previous backup but i lose some data...
It will teach me to read all the advices beforei make such kind of actions!!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    All Xiaomi users suffer from a single problem, Firmware update. As there are many devices with no one to provide the newest firmware update every single release. And also developers who provide updates to devices may forget or be busy sometimes, so releases are provided later. Here is my simple solution:

Xiaomi Firmware Updater V5
    jSIVrRy.png
    Code:
    #include 
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

A set of various script that automatically generates Xiaomi firmware flashable zip files every MIUI new update!
    My scripts download MIUI official ROMs, both Developer and Stable, Global and China, extracts the firmware-update folder, generates firmware flashable zip with auto-written "updater-script", and uploads them automatically to many servers.
    The scripts are completely automated, running on a Linux server every six hours.

Frequently Asked Questions:
    What is Firmware? Is it a full ROM or OTA package?
    Firmware is not a ROM nor OTA Package, it's a set of low-level drivers which helps the operating system do whatever it wants to do. It includes various things like Modem, Bluetooth, Bootloader, DSP and etc.
    Why should I update the Firmware?
    Firmware is provided from Xiaomi directly, and there are no sources for it to let developers build and edit it on their own like custom ROMs, so if you want to keep your device up to date always update your firmware!
    Do I need updating the Firmware If I'm MIUI official or custom ROM user?
    No, MIUI ROMs contain the firmware-update package which I extract and provide here.
    What are the supported devices?
    All Snapdragon and MTKdevices including China-only devices.
    Check the full devices list here!
    How to update firmware?
    1- Download the package you want to flash. IT MUST BE NAMED WITH THE SAME CODENAME OF YOUR DEVICE.
    2- Flash it using TWRP or any custom recovery. There's no need to wipe/format anything before or after the installation.
    How to check the updated firmware?
    Usually, the modem gets updated with newer firmware, you can check it in Settings > About > Baseband.

IMPORTANT:
    These files contain the complete "firmware-update" folder, means it needs your bootloader to be unlocked OFFICIALLY , so if you unlocked it unofficially you have to remove "emmc_appsboot.mbn" and "non-hlos.bin" and you'll be okay!

Support or Contact:
    Having trouble with firmware files? You can open a new issue on Github repository or just write here in a reply, and we’ll help you sort it out.
    Also If You want to support a new device or fix any problem.