FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM] (Phone+GPS+Vista GPS+touch)Thaihugo's shift age of reason and age of beauty

618 posts
Thanks Meter: 10

By thaihugo, Senior Member on 19th March 2009, 04:28 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
25th April 2016, 09:09 PM |#151  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Here are some ROMs: https://drive.google.com/folderview?...Gs&usp=sharing

The web space is not mine, though. I found the link while searching for the WM 6.1 monx ROM. It seems there is also a 1.08 version for that one, but currently I did not find it anywhere. If anyone can provide a link to it or upload it somewhere for others to download it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

---------- Post added at 11:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 PM ----------

Hey Flanimal,
Quote:

I have it.
I have practically everything HTC Shift related.

Can you please let me know how I could download it? It would be great if you also have Monx's WM 6.1 v1.08 ROM (not v1.07), as I cannot seem to find it anywhere. It would be nice if you could put everything HTC Shift related that you have on Google Drive (or equivalent), as I am also collecting such items.

Quote:

I wondered whether anyone was having success with Windows Mobile communications on the HTC Shift these days.

I have recently installed Windows 7 Enterprise Trial and Monx's WM 6.1 v1.07 ROM on the HTC Shift (as it has working USSD, and I need that). Everything seems to work correctly for me, except that long SMS messages are not received (for instance, if the message is longer than 5 * 160 characters, it will not appear in the messaging application when using Monx's v1.07 ROM).

Have you tried to hard reset your device? Make sure to backup everything first!

Thanks!

25th April 2016, 10:34 PM |#152  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Check your PM. Regarding my Windows Mobile issue, yes I have tried hard and factory resets, and reinstallations, but no joy. Thanks for informing me that it's not a Windows 7/10 problem.

Sent from my A0001 using XDA-Developers mobile app
13th June 2016, 11:45 AM |#153  

More
Ah, I solved my Windows to Windows Mobile communication problem. I had simply forgotten that it is necessary to uncheck "enable advanced network" under the usb to pc option in wm side. Doh!
Busy choosing a different ROM now to fit my modern day requirements - don't need PIM or office anymore, but def want dictionary and a C64 SID player...
The Following User Says Thank You to Flanimal For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Flanimal Ad-Free
24th August 2017, 03:01 PM |#154  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Things to do on HTC Shift
Hello to all!
I don't know if I have to present myself and if somebody care about it (I'm sure that if needed, moderators will tell me that)
I'm almost a proud owner of an HTC Shift X9500, I bought it on eBay and in while I took a look at this forum.
I'm pretty lost because it's an old machine (even if it's still one of the best) and it's hard to locate all the most recent threads about it.
I've also bought a brand new SSD PATA ZIF 1.8 64 gb and 2 gb DDR2 microdimm memory 214 pin in order to get the best performance possible
and I'm wondering what to do now.
My intention is to upgrade this device with windows 10 32bit and the first question is:
will I get all the hardware working fine after the upgrade? any known issues?
The second question is about ROMs and liberation:
which is the best upgrade possible on pda side?
Thanks to those who will answer and sorry if I bring back foreground an old post.
24th August 2017, 11:14 PM |#155  

More
Hello! Congrats on purchasing an HTC Shift. I'm rather jealous of the RAM and SSD that you are beefing up your Shift with. I hope you get them to work ok.
I'll send you a PM with my stash of HTC Shift drivers and files in case you are of use/interest to you.
I recommend thaihugo's Age of Reason ROM. You may have trouble liberating your Shift if you can't find a old school email server that is compatible with it.
I recommend that you install Windows 10 Anniversary edition (rather than Creator's edition). That way, you should be able to get the touchsceen drivers working, and then you can run Windows update and run the Microsoft upgrade tool to upgrade to the latest version of Windows 10, and the touchscreen should continue to work.
The wifi drivers don't work by default with Windows 10. The Windows 10 thread in these forums contains a working solution.
Good luck and have fun!
7th September 2017, 09:11 PM |#156  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flanimal

Hello! Congrats on purchasing an HTC Shift. I'm rather jealous of the RAM and SSD that you are beefing up your Shift with. I hope you get them to work ok.
I'll send you a PM with my stash of HTC Shift drivers and files in case you are of use/interest to you.
I recommend thaihugo's Age of Reason ROM. You may have trouble liberating your Shift if you can't find a old school email server that is compatible with it.
I recommend that you install Windows 10 Anniversary edition (rather than Creator's edition). That way, you should be able to get the touchsceen drivers working, and then you can run Windows update and run the Microsoft upgrade tool to upgrade to the latest version of Windows 10, and the touchscreen should continue to work.
The wifi drivers don't work by default with Windows 10. The Windows 10 thread in these forums contains a working solution.
Good luck and have fun!

First ..Thanks and sorry for late reply I got only SSD right now and I'm waiting to go back home and bring memory.
I've installed windows 8.1 on SSD and, as said, wifi / SD not working.
I've tried many many solutions described here and now I'm heading to upgrade to windows 10 anniversary as you told me.
I'm running windows update now and I'm going to find some mail providers that accept the liberation CAB file (google mail refuse it as a potential risk )
I'll let you know about the future
21st September 2017, 10:35 PM |#157  

More
GPS not worrking
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonemu85

First ..Thanks and sorry for late reply I got only SSD right now and I'm waiting to go back home and bring memory.
I've installed windows 8.1 on SSD and, as said, wifi / SD not working.
I've tried many many solutions described here and now I'm heading to upgrade to windows 10 anniversary as you told me.
I'm running windows update now and I'm going to find some mail providers that accept the liberation CAB file (google mail refuse it as a potential risk )
I'll let you know about the future

@thaihugo @Flanimal
Hey guys, sorry but I can't get GPS working, I have i00 rom on my shift and I'm good with it (even it's pretty heavy) can you help me to configure GPS and GPS2Blue? I followed instructions on paludur website but maybe it's not enough :'(
Thanks
21st October 2017, 06:52 PM |#158  

More
Hello,
I can't really help as I haven't used GPS on the Windows Mobile side in a long time. But from what I remember, the first time that I successfully used GPS on the WM side was when I installed a GPS ROM, and then ran the Google Maps app, and it located me correctly.
I hope you get it working.
8th February 2018, 07:05 PM |#159  

More
Welcome everybody. This is my first post. My name is Paul and I'm from Poland.
I need help with my HTC Shift X9500. I need good rom in polish or english language with working phone, GPS and sounds. Actually I have rom with phone and GPS but there is no sound, and phone does not work correctly. Please help me.

Regards.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)