Post Reply Email Thread
1st August 2016, 07:30 AM |#301  
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 19

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuaburnsjr

Thanks for the link. Just to make sure is the NC2 baseband still the newest modem. I'm currently on a newer AryaMod 8.3 Rom that's on OC1 Android 5.0

Don't get me to lying. I haven't messed with a Note in a long time but I would go back and forth between OC1 and this version of NC2 when I wanted better Safestrap support.
2nd August 2016, 12:33 PM |#302  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I have a question my note3 is a Verizon but I unlocked the boot loader I'm using it on h20 so I think att modem would work better but is it possible to use on my note 3 I have 5.0 thanks
3rd August 2016, 12:37 PM |#303  
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 19

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by freddt2790

I have a question my note3 is a Verizon but I unlocked the boot loader I'm using it on h20 so I think att modem would work better but is it possible to use on my note 3 I have 5.0 thanks

Not sure what H20 is, but it's been my experience that when using an unlocked phone on a different carrier, I've always had to use the model modems: ATT on TMO I would have to use an ATT modem, etc..
19th September 2016, 11:22 PM |#304  
Thanks Meter: 45

More
I'm trying to flash a new modem on my sm-n900a but all the links appear to be broken. Can you please fix?

Sent from my SM-N900A using XDA-Developers mobile app
14th October 2016, 04:00 PM |#305  
Flag Denpasar

Donate to Me
More
Note 3 N900A
Can someone help
My Note imei null and baseband Unknow in version 5.0 lollipop OC1.
9th July 2017, 03:09 AM |#306  
Flag Atlanta

More
Hi,

New here to XDA after trying to find solution/answers to a problem that popped up suddenly. Sorry for the short story below but I figured all info was pertinent. I also realize this phone is outdated and the thread is old but its my only phone other than my company phone and I don't see the need to buy another if this can be fixed. Thanks in advance for any help.

My ATT note 3 battery died one day so I plugged it up to charge. After awhile I came back to turn on the phone. During initial boot I immediately noticed a strange icon(custom padlock) that I hadn't noticed before. When my phone loaded I was met with sim card not installed(switched to straight talk from att a few months prior). OK? Tried the typical powering down/rebooting but nothing worked. Tested my sim in my girls phone and it worked so I put back in mine again...nothing. Since then, I've spent hours looking for solutions. I read the only way the custom padlock would even be present was if my phone was rooted. Not sure what happened, but I had and have no desire to root my phones. Last time I did anything similar was back in the iphone 3 days when jailbreaking was big. Phones can do anything I need now, so I just haven't seen the need--except for instances like this apparently. Anyway, I started researching more about whats going on. Google seems to only show up older posts with solutions so the first thing I found out about was ODIN and flashing new firmware. Initial flash was back to jelly bean(I had no idea what I was doing(and still don't!)) but didn't succeed so I gave up for a couple months. Started researching again and found out why I cant downgrade, so I tried another fw, this time NL1 I think. Successful flash, but nothing changed except the phone stopped recognizing that a sim wasn't inserted. At that point I think I went flash crazy not knowing what fw was what so I may have flashed fw for different note 3 variants(not sure though). Eventually I pieced everything together. Upon more research came to the conclusion my EFS is most likely corrupted(no I didn't back it up, as I later found I should have!). I found the lowest fw I could down grade to(NC2) and did another fresh install with the BL,AP,CP,CSC and PIT files. Still no luck. I now know the problem is "unknown" baseband, and "unknown" imei. Network, mobile network type, imeisv also show unknown. Mobile network state- disconnected. I searched for solutions related to unknown baseband/imei and tried fixes related to such- flashing different modems, flashing different fw with corresponding modems and nothing has helped. I have verified that nothing is showing up in the EFS folder. I tried someones solution and was able to flash an efs image using safestrap and that shows all the folders/files in the EFS folder but still no luck. I'm at a loss now. My original firmware when the problem started was lollipop OTA(not sure which version). Any suggestions would be helpful. Don't really have the funds to get another phone at the moment. WI-FI works by the way.

---------- Post added at 10:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 PM ----------

I also know what my IMEI is supposed to be if that helps at all
9th July 2017, 09:48 PM |#307  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
There are a couple things I can say. First and foremost, I highly suggest ditching the phone. As much as people can give you info and advice on this topic, it's been noted in the past that this phone went to **** when it gets rooted. I had a very similar problem with this phone (on straight talk too) but I purchased it on eBay. The unlock icon I believe means the bootloader has been unlocked, which is a precursor to rooting. If you've tried odin with the PIT file with no avail, then bail. The LG G5 is what im about to get and it's going for less than $250 on ebay. Just make sure you get one that is new and not used. Or choose another. Check phone specs at www.phonearena.com. There are some really nice phones out now, one being the oneplus 3t. Also look leaving straight talk. They suck. Look into metro pcs.
Best of luck brother.
8th February 2018, 10:44 PM |#308  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
File-sharing site is down. Anyone have mirrors for the modems?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)