By poseidon5213, Member on 26th April 2012, 05:43 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
9th February 2018, 09:28 PM |#19051  
Flag toronto
Thanks Meter: 8,014

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amirk365

What you guys think of the LeEcho Le Pro 3?

Sent from my HUAWEI BLN-L24 using XDA Labs

It will be 2yrs old this fall, wouldn't waste money on something that outdated personally.

sent from my Pixel 2 XL or Note FE

9th February 2018, 10:55 PM |#19052  
Flag Kingston
Thanks Meter: 199

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by force70

It will be 2yrs old this fall, wouldn't waste money on something that outdated personally.

Don't say that. Spending wisely is not a waste. I had an s5 from 2014 and custom ROMs kept it alive. It was smooth like a 2019 phone and I upgraded to the honor 5x from 2015 and it's great with custom ROMs. Not ever user wants the latest phone or can afford it. It's a world where you have to be smart in. Especially when you can tweak your device with custom ROMs.
The Following User Says Thank You to kemdroid For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kemdroid Ad-Free
9th February 2018, 11:02 PM |#19053  
Flag Anchorage
Thanks Meter: 20,921

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kemdroid

Don't say that. Spending wisely is not a waste. I had an s5 from 2014 and custom ROMs kept it alive. It was smooth like a 2019 phone and I upgraded to the honor 5x from 2015 and it's great with custom ROMs. Not ever user wants the latest phone or can afford it. It's a world where you have to be smart in. Especially when you can tweak your device with custom ROMs.

I have to agree here. A 2 year old device is not even close to out of date.

Updating your device less then every 3 to 5 years is a waste.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to zelendel For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zelendel Ad-Free
9th February 2018, 11:08 PM |#19054  
Flag toronto

More
I respect both of your opinions however in my world a 2 yr old device is a bit outdated and I would never even think about buying one.

True not everyone feels the need to upgrade yearly and sure I guess not everyone can afford to. I respect and understand that also.

However for others buying even several new devices per year is normal and money is not a consideration.

Have to see both sides gentlemen, I certainly do.

He did ask for opinions and that is mine.

Different strokes for different folks, agree to disagree?

9th February 2018, 11:10 PM |#19055  
Flag Fort Wellington
Thanks Meter: 65

More
Quote:

Exactly. Incidentally, I used an S5 and it still amazes me how fast it is, having owned it for 2 years now (I still have it) however, I'm looking for a phone that would have great custom ROM support and is cheap.

The Following User Says Thank You to Amirk365 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Amirk365 Ad-Free
9th February 2018, 11:26 PM |#19056  
Flag Kingston

More
Quote:

I respect both of your opinions however in my world a 2 yr old device is a bit outdated and I would never even think about buying one.

True not everyone feels the need to upgrade yearly and sure I guess not everyone can afford to. I respect and understand that also.

However for others buying even several new devices per year is normal and money is not a consideration.

Have to see both sides gentlemen, I certainly do.

He did ask for opinions and that is mine.

Different strokes for different folks, agree to disagree?

While I respect your opinion. I do disagree to some extent because the users ask about phones when they have a liking or interest in the device. The Leeco price is no where compared to the pixel 3 so I am not sure if you were actually helping that user though you might not have intentionally did that.

---------- Post added at 12:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 AM ----------

Quote:

What you guys think of the LeEcho Le Pro 3?

I think it is a great device to work with. If you canove without the SD card and 3.5m headphone jack then go for it. There are a lot of custom ROMs to choose from including Oreo ROMs as well if you like custom ROMs over stock. Good luck!
The Following User Says Thank You to kemdroid For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kemdroid Ad-Free
9th February 2018, 11:31 PM |#19057  
Flag toronto

More
Quote:

While I respect your opinion. I do disagree to some extent because the users ask about phones when they have a liking or interest in the device. The Leeco price is no where compared to the pixel 3 so I am not sure if you were actually helping that user though you might not have intentionally did that.

---------- Post added at 12:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 AM ----------

I think it is a great device to work with. If you canove without the SD card and 3.5m headphone jack then go for it. There are a lot of custom ROMs to choose from including Oreo ROMs as well if you like custom ROMs over stock. Good luck!

He didn't mention pricing or a budget so in that case i don't consider either.

The le echo has a huge battery and not a super high res screen so if he was asking about that device in particular for battery life my answer would have still said its outdated BUT yes the battery life on it should be absolutely ridiculous. Which for some is the most important thing and for sure it will get better battery life than my pixel 2 XL!

His question was a little vague so hard to know why that device in specific peaks his interest though

9th February 2018, 11:38 PM |#19058  
Flag Fort Wellington

More
Quote:

He didn't mention pricing or a budget so in that case i don't consider either.

The le echo has a huge battery and not a super high res screen so if he was asking about that device in particular for battery life my answer would have still said its outdated BUT yes the battery life on it should be absolutely ridiculous. Which for some is the most important thing and for sure it will get better battery life than my pixel 2 XL!

His question was a little vague so hard to know why that device in specific peaks his interest though

Sorry about that. Just saw it and got a bit excited lol my current budget is $200 but not less than $150. I am looking for a phone with a SD chip and at least 1080p resolution as well as good custom ROM support.

9th February 2018, 11:49 PM |#19059  
Flag toronto

More
Quote:

Sorry about that. Just saw it and got a bit excited lol my current budget is $200 but not less than $150. I am looking for a phone with a SD chip and at least 1080p resolution as well as good custom ROM support.

Okay now that's different lol.

Im not up on my pricing but you could maybe look at note 4 or S5 or maybe even an earlier one plus device as the rom support is very strong there.

Not sure if there is much rom support for le echo?

9th February 2018, 11:52 PM |#19060  
Flag Kingston

More
Quote:

I could tell you had a budget around those parts. No need to apologise.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kemdroid For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kemdroid Ad-Free
10th February 2018, 12:35 AM |#19061  
Flag Fort Wellington

More
Quote:

Okay now that's different lol.

Im not up on my pricing but you could maybe look at note 4 or S5 or maybe even an earlier one plus device as the rom support is very strong there.

Not sure if there is much rom support for le echo?

I have an S5 and bought an Honor 6x but it has no ROM support so I'm looking to replace it. I should mention that 32 bit devices will likely go to the way side by 2019.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)