Post Reply Email Thread
10th February 2018, 12:35 AM |#19061  
Flag Fort Wellington
Thanks Meter: 65

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by force70

Okay now that's different lol.

Im not up on my pricing but you could maybe look at note 4 or S5 or maybe even an earlier one plus device as the rom support is very strong there.

Not sure if there is much rom support for le echo?

sent from my Pixel 2 XL or Note FE

I have an S5 and bought an Honor 6x but it has no ROM support so I'm looking to replace it. I should mention that 32 bit devices will likely go to the way side by 2019.

Sent from my HUAWEI BLN-L24 using XDA Labs

10th February 2018, 12:37 AM |#19062  
Flag Anchorage
Thanks Meter: 20,921

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by force70

I respect both of your opinions however in my world a 2 yr old device is a bit outdated and I would never even think about buying one.

True not everyone feels the need to upgrade yearly and sure I guess not everyone can afford to. I respect and understand that also.

However for others buying even several new devices per year is normal and money is not a consideration.

Have to see both sides gentlemen, I certainly do.

He did ask for opinions and that is mine.

Different strokes for different folks, agree to disagree?

sent from my Pixel 2 XL or Note FE

Oh I understand it. I really do. I was one that got many devices a year at one point. Then things just started repeating themselves again so I stopped and took a real world look at the devices.
The Following User Says Thank You to zelendel For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zelendel Ad-Free
12th February 2018, 01:19 PM |#19063  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
I recently ordered the Vernee X (4GB/64GB variant) for $170 from aliexpress. Eagerly waiting for delivery.
It is almost identical to the Ulefone Power 3s or the Oukitel K6 except for the camera sensor and a couple of other minor differences.

Any of the 3 should be good phones for long use since they have 6000+ mah batteries in a not so thick body.
Helio P23 SoC which is not as efficient as Qualcomm equivalents but they make up for it with the HUGE battery.

Reviews show browsing (as an example) usage of 15+ hours of screen on time.
12th February 2018, 04:39 PM |#19064  
Thanks Meter: 174

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by htheod

I recently ordered the Vernee X (4GB/64GB variant) for $170 from aliexpress. Eagerly waiting for delivery.
It is almost identical to the Ulefone Power 3s or the Oukitel K6 except for the camera sensor and a couple of other minor differences.

Any of the 3 should be good phones for long use since they have 6000+ mah batteries in a not so thick body.
Helio P23 SoC which is not as efficient as Qualcomm equivalents but they make up for it with the HUGE battery.

Reviews show browsing (as an example) usage of 15+ hours of screen on time.

was it just released? I checked specs and it looks interesting but I'm not too familiar with mtk chips. let us know how it turns out or through pm out of curiosity
12th February 2018, 05:56 PM |#19065  

More
Will do even though it will take some time for delivery due to the chinese new year. There arw plenty of reviews for the Vernee x and the similar Ulefone Power 3 and Oukitel K6.

The only "glaring" flaw is the camera performance even though the main camera is a Sony imx258 so not bad at all. This is where i am hoping the community might help with camera improvements or even ports using camera 2 api.
12th February 2018, 06:42 PM |#19066  
Quote:

Will do even though it will take some time for delivery due to the chinese new year. There arw plenty of reviews for the Vernee x and the similar Ulefone Power 3 and Oukitel K6.

The only "glaring" flaw is the camera performance even though the main camera is a Sony imx258 so not bad at all. This is where i am hoping the community might help with camera improvements or even ports using camera 2 api.

If they are using soc other than snapdragon, it is unlikely that some development will ever happen. As major drawback of mtk other chipsets is Dev support
12th February 2018, 06:57 PM |#19067  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by narshi shukla

If they are using soc other than snapdragon, it is unlikely that some development will ever happen. As major drawback of mtk other chipsets is Dev support

I didn't know that is a thing with mtk and lack of support/interest. Nevertheless the Vernee X bootloader can be easily unlocked, TWRP recovery and rooted with instructions even on XDA so it is somewhat promising in this regard as well.
12th February 2018, 07:00 PM |#19068  
Quote:

I didn't know that is a thing with mtk and lack of support/interest. Nevertheless the Vernee X bootloader can be easily unlocked, TWRP recovery and rooted with instructions even on XDA so it is somewhat promising in this regard as well.

Yeah but there are plenty of devices which are unlockable and lack decent rom support, for custom rom support, i will never go with mtk.
12th February 2018, 07:03 PM |#19069  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by narshi shukla

Yeah but there are plenty of devices which are unlockable and lack decent rom support, for custom rom support, i will never go with mtk.

Fair enough.
What won me over is the appearance and reviewed browsing time of 17 hours, video playback 22 hours. Antutu score is also adequate at 60k.
12th February 2018, 07:13 PM |#19070  
Quote:

Fair enough.
What won me over is the appearance and reviewed browsing time of 17 hours, video playback 22 hours. Antutu score is also adequate at 60k.

Yeah that sound excellent,
There is very small fraction of android users who consider dev support as an buying point, so oem don't care about it, except this, it seems an excellent package.
13th February 2018, 11:32 AM |#19071  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Hi guys!
I'd like to have a 4 inch or less android phone that has good dev support meaning that I can count on getting future lineage OS versions like 16 17 and so on.
The reason is that I do not like so big phones, I like android not iOS, but I want reasonably modern hardware so it can run Nougat+.
Unfortunately all new phones that has reasonable hardware are bigger then 4 inch, or come from an obscure chinese company no one ever head of that has little to no dev support.
So the phone:
- 4 inch or less(not 4,2 4,5)
- dev support for Nougat+
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)