How to get the C4droid c++ compiler app working on honeycomb tablets

Search This thread
Jul 24, 2011
The C4droid C++ compiler currently has issues with compiling code using C++. Using the C compiler works fine for C but the C++ side has problems.

If you have purchased and used the app with the GCC for C4droid plugin, you'll see that you constantly get Permission Denied errors. Doing things like chmod 777, 755, etc didn't work for me and probably won't work for you.

I've chatted back and forth with the creator of this app and we've (he) found a workaround. This workaround will make it so it is compiling through your MicroSD rather than the internal memory.

Pre-requisites: You must have BusyBox, SuperUser, C4droid, GCC for C4droid, and a Terminal Emulator installed. You also need a rooted device.

1. Open Terminal emulator and type "su" and press enter. A superuser screen will pop up and you need to click allow.

2. Type the following lines into the terminal (one by one):
  • cd /Removable/MicroSD/
  • mkdir Android
  • mkdir Android/data
  • cp -r /sdcard/Android/data/com.n0n3m4.droidc/ /Removable/MicroSD/Android/data/
  • su
  • mount -o remount,rw,exec -t vfat /dev/block/vold/179:9 /Removable/MicroSD
  • /system/xbin/mount -o bind /Removable/MicroSD/Android/data/com.n0n3m4.droidc/ /sdcard/Android/data/com.n0n3m4.droidc/
3. Change the default compiler in C4droid to G++ + bionic (Root required)
4. Done

fasters7

Apr 23, 2010
hi, thx for your info, but for me (using galaxy tab 10.1 wifi) there is no such directory as /removable/microsd
i typed cd /sdcard/android/data but it didn't work. i'm using better terminal emulator pro, if it's important.

yan99033

Sep 2, 2007
I'd installed both g++ plugin and c4droid to my acer iconia tab a500.

I followed the step by step instruction provided above besides that replacing "/removable/MicroSD/" to "/mnt/external_sd/" which is the directory linked to my microsd.

But still the problem persists,

"/sdcard/android/data/com.n0n3m4.droidc/files/gcc/bin/arm-linux-androideabi-g++" ... Permission denied.

Any help out there?

Spidey01

Sep 16, 2011
Duluth
I'm lazy, I use a debian chroot.

You may need to change the permissions on the file(s), or the path.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

Abdheshnayak

Feb 13, 2018
I have lenovo a 2010 in this the app c4froid not in taking it shows not installed can anyone say reason please...