36 posts
Thanks Meter: 22

By poseidon5213, Member on 26th April 2012, 05:43 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
13th February 2018, 11:32 AM |#19071  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Hi guys!
I'd like to have a 4 inch or less android phone that has good dev support meaning that I can count on getting future lineage OS versions like 16 17 and so on.
The reason is that I do not like so big phones, I like android not iOS, but I want reasonably modern hardware so it can run Nougat+.
Unfortunately all new phones that has reasonable hardware are bigger then 4 inch, or come from an obscure chinese company no one ever head of that has little to no dev support.
So the phone:
- 4 inch or less(not 4,2 4,5)
- dev support for Nougat+
13th February 2018, 01:36 PM |#19072  
Thanks Meter: 227

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by axy_david

Hi guys!
I'd like to have a 4 inch or less android phone that has good dev support meaning that I can count on getting future lineage OS versions like 16 17 and so on.
The reason is that I do not like so big phones, I like android not iOS, but I want reasonably modern hardware so it can run Nougat+.
Unfortunately all new phones that has reasonable hardware are bigger then 4 inch, or come from an obscure chinese company no one ever head of that has little to no dev support.
So the phone:
- 4 inch or less(not 4,2 4,5)
- dev support for Nougat+

I kind of doubt such a thing exists. You're going to have to bump up that minimum screen size to probably 4.5” at least.
14th February 2018, 02:20 PM |#19073  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 350Rocket

I kind of doubt such a thing exists. You're going to have to bump up that minimum screen size to probably 4.5” at least.

I would agree.
With bezels "slimming" the last few years a larger screen does not mean a much bigger phone overall.
14th February 2018, 05:20 PM |#19074  
Thanks Meter: 49

Donate to Me
More
What I want in a phone... Snapdragon 835, 8gb ram, minimum 64 GB internal storage, 5" 1080p ips screen, a headphone jack, microSD card slot, fm radio, stereo front facing speakers, water resistance, large heat pipe, and good developer support. ...oh and don't forget the large battery! 12 hours of heavy usage of SOT would be great... heavy usage being recording 1080p gaming videos of FPS games.

With that said, i'm pretty sure no such phone exists. So what would be the best fit?
The Following User Says Thank You to FanboyStudios For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift FanboyStudios Ad-Free
14th February 2018, 05:53 PM |#19075  
Quote:
Originally Posted by FanboyStudios

What I want in a phone... Snapdragon 835, 8gb ram, minimum 64 GB internal storage, 5" 1080p ips screen, a headphone jack, microSD card slot, fm radio, stereo front facing speakers, water resistance, large heat pipe, and good developer support. ...oh and don't forget the large battery! 12 hours of heavy usage of SOT would be great... heavy usage being recording 1080p gaming videos of FPS games.

With that said, i'm pretty sure no such phone exists. So what would be the best fit?

Oneplus 5t,best battery and developement support among flagships

---------- Post added at 06:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:53 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by narshi shukla

Or wait for s9 plus
14th February 2018, 06:45 PM |#19076  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by narshi shukla

---------- Post added at 06:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:53 PM ----------

Or wait for s9 plus

one plus 5t is disqualified due to lack of microSD card slot. I use over 100 GB for backups, music, apk files, and also content creation for youtube. right now leaning toward Razer Phone.
14th February 2018, 06:54 PM |#19077  
Quote:

one plus 5t is disqualified due to lack of microSD card slot. I use over 100 GB for backups, music, apk files, and also content creation for youtube. right now leaning toward Razer Phone.

Mi mix 2 256 gb internal 8gb ram and i think it also support sd card only downside is front camera no other complaint
14th February 2018, 06:56 PM |#19078  
Thanks Meter: 174

More
Quote:

that would be the perfect phone that everyone should get and we probably won't be seeing for a while lol. I like me some front facing speakers myself but choices are so limited because they'll be lacking in something else. not many phones have that good balance so we just try to live with it and make our moneys worth without regretting the purchase
14th February 2018, 08:21 PM |#19079  
Flag Fort Wellington
Thanks Meter: 65

More
Redmi Note 5 is out. That Pro variant looks enticing.

Sent from my HUAWEI BLN-L24 using XDA Labs
14th February 2018, 08:55 PM |#19080  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by anon1135

that would be the perfect phone that everyone should get and we probably won't be seeing for a while lol. I like me some front facing speakers myself but choices are so limited because they'll be lacking in something else. not many phones have that good balance so we just try to live with it and make our moneys worth without regretting the purchase

TBH I don't think we'll ever see a phone like that. More and more OEMs are removing the headphone jack and the microSD card slot and going with fragile glass builds.
15th February 2018, 01:05 AM |#19081  
Flag Kingston
Thanks Meter: 199

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amirk365

Redmi Note 5 is out. That Pro variant looks enticing.

Yea I would but instead because the original note 5 makes no sense.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)