FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[TOOLS][ZIPS][SCRIPTS] osm0sis' Odds and Ends [Multiple Devices/Platforms]

13,604 posts
Thanks Meter: 29,941

By osm0sis, Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor on 18th April 2013, 12:37 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
11th February 2018, 11:35 PM |#1631  
OP Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Halifax

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonFire1024

I'm looking for a way to get armv7 devices to work with arm64 in an emulator.

adb is adb, if the device or emulator is running adbd then the adb binary (either on desktop or on-device using my package) should be able to connect to it.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to osm0sis For This Useful Post: [ View ]

12th February 2018, 02:01 AM |#1632  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Iowa
Thanks Meter: 7,360

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonFire1024

I'm looking for a way to get armv7 devices to work with arm64 in an emulator.

In regard to this, this is one of those times where the distinction between the comes into play. You see that armeabi has been depreciated so much as the ndk lead dev telling folks on stack overflow to get over it from their ability list.

The current workaround involves using gabi and clang and knowing why order of linking static libs is important.
The Following User Says Thank You to Surge1223 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Surge1223 Ad-Free
12th February 2018, 02:19 PM |#1633  
Thanks Meter: 1,003

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surge1223

I probs have three libs I need to link left, which is not a lot compared to the entirety, it needed about 20 for armeabi, vs like 7 for arm64-v8a

Good think is this time I did made with the ndk, so I can post up source for folks to use, granted a little ndk hacking is needed

Tl dr
I'm close to fixing arm vers

---------- Post added at 04:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:41 PM ----------

Check hangouts when you can, or if you want, join society and get tg lmao

Hi,
I'm using a compiled version of keycheck from inside recovery flashable zips but on some devices it give "Illegal instruction".

Could you please compile an universal version?
Sources: https://github.com/sonyxperiadev/dev...aster/keycheck
13th February 2018, 01:46 AM |#1634  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Iowa
Thanks Meter: 7,360

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ale5000

Hi,
I'm using a compiled version of keycheck from inside recovery flashable zips but on some devices it give "Illegal instruction".

Could you please compile an universal version?
Sources: https://github.com/sonyxperiadev/dev...aster/keycheck

Taking requests becomes a dangerous route, but I can do you one better and help explain to you how to compile so it doesn't give you those illegal instructions?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Surge1223 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Surge1223 Ad-Free
13th February 2018, 08:22 AM |#1635  
Thanks Meter: 1,003

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surge1223

Taking requests becomes a dangerous route, but I can do you one better and help explain to you how to compile so it doesn't give you those illegal instructions?

Yes, it would be nice thanks.
15th February 2018, 06:03 PM |#1636  
Flag Halifax

Donate to Me
More
Alright, busybox 1.28.1 stable source has been released, now you can start to freak out.

Check those fixes to some basic utils. This is why I don't do the x.y.0 releases! Anyway, the bring-up will commence on my next few days off.
The Following 64 Users Say Thank You to osm0sis For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st February 2018, 02:33 PM |#1637  
Flag Southwest, Ohio
Thanks Meter: 139

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by osm0sis

Alright, busybox 1.28.1 stable source has been released, now you can start to freak out.

Check those fixes to some basic utils. This is why I don't do the x.y.0 releases! Anyway, the bring-up will commence on my next few days off.

Just want to say, " Thank You!"

I know time is rather short these days.

Tanx
The Following User Says Thank You to godofsalt For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift godofsalt Ad-Free
24th February 2018, 02:35 PM |#1638  
Thanks Meter: 77

More
Hey, Hi @osm0sis
Just noticed
The last 'done' in your flashafterupdate addon.d script is followed by an & instead of a ;
Awesome work as always. see ya

Sent from my Galaxy Grand using XDA Labs
24th February 2018, 04:21 PM |#1639  
Thanks Meter: 53

More
Quote:

First of all.Thanks for all your work and development.
Now the dumb ignorant question. Will your BusyBox installer install this new version? I have tried but it didn't? I have searched the forums and couldn't figure it out either.

Thanks in advance
24th February 2018, 04:34 PM |#1640  
Flag Halifax

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FriendlyNeighborhoodShane

Hey, Hi @osm0sis
Just noticed
The last 'done' in your flashafterupdate addon.d script is followed by an & instead of a ;
Awesome work as always. see ya

done& is intentional and allows the loop to proceed asynchronously in a subshell to wait out the ROM's boot.img flash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locura18

First of all.Thanks for all your work and development.
Now the dumb ignorant question. Will your BusyBox installer install this new version? I have tried but it didn't? I have searched the forums and couldn't figure it out either.

Thanks in advance

If you're using Magisk then you've already got the new version for about 3 days now.

https://github.com/osm0sis/android-busybox-ndk
https://github.com/Magisk-Modules-Re...ybox-Installer

I just haven't had time to upload it here and make the post because I ran out of time before I had to go back to work for another string of night shifts. Doing some stuff around the house here, then I'm on it. Tomorrow at the latest.
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to osm0sis For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th February 2018, 04:45 PM |#1641  
Thanks Meter: 53

More
Quote:

done& is intentional and allows the loop to proceed asynchronously in a subshell to wait out the ROM's boot.img flash.

If you're using Magisk then you've already got the new version for about 3 days now.

https://github.com/osm0sis/android-busybox-ndk
https://github.com/Magisk-Modules-Re...ybox-Installer

I just haven't had time to upload it here and make the post because I ran out of time before I had to go back to work for another string of night shifts. Doing some stuff around the house here, then I'm on it.

Thanks. I'm still with SuperSu. Haven't migrated over to Magisk yet.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
automation, batch, flashable zip, script, tool

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)