FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

The New Galaxy R i9103 Q&A Section

1,864 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,566

By kinfauns, Retired Senior Moderator and Retired DC Lead - The Quiet One on 19th October 2012, 05:29 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
31st August 2013, 08:34 AM |#81  
Flag Ahmedabad
Thanks Meter: 1,972

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by k413

Hey all.. i am trying to take backup of stock ICS ROM from "ROM manager" but the app sticks there and hangs... has anyone faced same problems..

i did back up using CWM recovery... but my concern is if in future i want to recover my stock ROM how am i going to do it.? the back up contains following files
boot.img, cache.img, data.img, nandroid.md5, system.img

which among these is my stock ROM.. ?

sure you will find boot.img, cache.img, data.img, nandroid.md5, system.img files in a folder after you take backup using CWM
In order to restore your stock ROM you need to enter into recovery mode again and there you will find restore option (same place where you found backup option). Use that option to restore your Stock ROM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Nikhil For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Nikhil Ad-Free

31st August 2013, 08:46 AM |#82  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
ok
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhil

sure you will find boot.img, cache.img, data.img, nandroid.md5, system.img files in a folder after you take backup using CWM
In order to restore your stock ROM you need to enter into recovery mode again and there you will find restore option (same place where you found backup option). Use that option to restore your Stock ROM.

thanks for quick reply.. so if i restore this backup... i will be back to my stock ROM...right???
31st August 2013, 10:11 AM |#83  
Flag Ahmedabad
Thanks Meter: 1,972

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by k413

thanks for quick reply.. so if i restore this backup... i will be back to my stock ROM...right???

Yes.
23rd November 2013, 06:39 PM |#84  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
keys not working
guys m facing problem with the back and setting keys...they have stopped working nicely..sometimes they dont work at all ..still the led light on the keys do glow..when i use buttton saviour..but some times repeatedly settings key is pressed even though its not ,,and phone hangs and phone is really difficult to use coz of the settings appearing continuously ..but then after some times my keys will work again...what to do???tried formatting fresh install...every thing
16th February 2018, 03:20 PM |#85  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Phone turns off/freezes @taskmanager etc. please help!
Hello everybody, I have problems with my phone and hope somebody can help me please!

INTRO:

Right now Im just overwhelmed by all the information I found about smartphones over the last few days, but Im glad I found this forum now!
I never had problems with my phone, but now Im one step from a factory reset.

PROBLEM:
The phone turns itself off either a few minutes into a call, or simply from standby mode while charging.
Also, I cannot uninstall any apps anymore, because every time I try, the software freezes and I have to reboot.
(native uninstaller and another dozend apps I tried)

INFO:
I never used a microSD card, sofar, but have the same behaviour with a new 32GB.
Android-Version is 2.3.5. and I have backed up all my files, so should I try to reset it (and install Jelly Bean(?))?

I dont even know what Im doing, so please let me know if you need more information or what I should do!

Thank you so much!!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)