[ROM][7.1.2][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 14.1

Search This thread

Darkguy

Sep 11, 2006
Vienna
Has anyone experienced any issues after dirty flashes? I'm asking users with a minimum of about a month on this same ROM with no clean installs since.

Just worried about potential battery drain and general instability.
I've been on LOS 14.1 since late June when I first got my phone, first vache's builds then whatever has been offered here since. Practically zero issues, ROM is very stable, I dirty flashed ever since first installing. Every few weeks there may be some non-reproducable incident that leads to a reboot, but those are few and far between that I never bothered investigating.

Gesendet von meinem XT1685 mit Tapatalk

I've been on LOS 14.1 since late June when I first got my phone, first vache's builds then whatever has been offered here since. Practically zero issues, ROM is very stable, I dirty flashed ever since first installing. Every few weeks there may be some non-reproducable incident that leads to a reboot, but those are few and far between that I never bothered investigating.

That's amazing. Thanks for speedy response. How's battery life vs stock? Maybe screenshots of battery stats?

Only reason I'm asking is because I'd like to use my phone as a "normal" device for once, without a clean flash and data reset every other week.

Reactions: Harsh.gundecha

p-try

Jan 6, 2018
Stuttgart
I am totally satisfied with battery life. I was on stock ROM for a few months before switching to this ROM and I have not noticed a difference in battery life.

Banana Joe

Aug 6, 2016
just switched to Vache's LOS 15. Had battery drains over a series of evenings (nothing too serious, but 15-20% discharge on standby wasn't normal), plus the camera thing (API 2 enabled for VoIP calls, but no video recording), and it pushed me over the edge. Considering that support is being removed from 14.1 (and it might never see the light of day as an official release), it became a no-brainer for now. Lastly, Vache is much more active over there, so you get the picture...

Reactions: litemaster

p-try

Jan 6, 2018
Stuttgart
Is there a statement somewhere saying support for 14.1 is being phased out? In the image download section on the LineageOS website it is still offered as the latest official version.

Banana Joe

Aug 6, 2016
Is there a statement somewhere saying support for 14.1 is being phased out? In the image download section on the LineageOS website it is still offered as the latest official version.

Sorry man, no statement, just bits of information here and there (from senior users and devs).

It's anyway logic that nougat will lose Steam across the board, we're talking about a soon to be 2 year old OS running in 32 bits vs its yet to be officially released 64 bit next iteration, if you compare the amount of energy devs on XDA are investing into nougat vs into Oreo roms, you'll see what I mean.

Besides that, it doesn't make much sense to void your warranty and stay behind the curve (probably also the reasoning for the devs and modders), and the greatest hint of all for me, the main developer behind this has vacated the premises of this thread ages ago, but is posting new versions of 15.1 himself every now and then there. Last one is like a day old...

So if you're waiting for the old version to get the "new" treatment of bug fixes and updates, odds are stacked against you (my reasoning)... The camera is failing both in nougat as in Oreo, but so far I've been able to use Skype (just one crash), take photos and record videos without patching anything in Oreo (while I had to enable camera 2 api in nougat), I just think chances are the Oreo side will see things bug free a lot sooner than N.

Last edited:
Reactions: p-try and pcm0609

p-try

Jan 6, 2018
Stuttgart
Sorry man, no statement, just bits of information here and there (from senior users and devs).

It's anyway logic that nougat will lose Steam across the board, we're talking about a soon to be 2 year old OS running in 32 bits vs its yet to be officially released 64 bit next iteration, if you compare the amount of energy devs on XDA are investing into nougat vs into Oreo roms, you'll see what I mean.

Besides that, it doesn't make much sense to void your warranty and stay behind the curve (probably also the reasoning for the devs and modders), and the greatest hint of all for me, the main developer behind this has vacated the premises of this thread ages ago, but is posting new versions of 15.1 himself every now and then there. Last one is like a day old...

So if you're waiting for the old version to get the "new" treatment of bug fixes and updates, odds are stacked against you (my reasoning)... The camera is failing both in nougat as in Oreo, but so far I've been able to use Skype (just one crash), take photos and record videos without patching anything in Oreo (while I had to enable camera 2 api in nougat), I just think chances are the Oreo side will see things bug free a lot sooner than N.
Thank you for sharing these observations. They make perfect sense, of course.

However, since I do not have any problems with the 14.1 ROM at all, it would be great to have the possibility to stay on it for a little longer. I don't want to re-install and re-configure my phone just yet. And I don't care much for the new features in Oreo. But should there be no more new builds of this ROM, I will switch to 15.1, too.

Reactions: Banana Joe

Darkguy

Sep 11, 2006
Vienna
@vache: I'd like to take over supplying regular builds in this thread. Is there any chance you're willing to change the download link in your OP to my webspace? I have today's perfectly working build lying on my hard drive (incl. February security patches).
Otherwise, just post the link here please

boype

Apr 27, 2012
Düsseldorf
Otherwise, just post the link here please

Download links

Changes since last build by vache
  • includes all LineageOS commits up to 2018-02-17 (including Google February security patches)
  • updated kernel to Linux 3.18.94
  • exchanged color profiles for picture adjustment settings like hue, contrast and stuff (Settings > Display > LiveDisplay > Picture adjustment)
  • updated display auto brightness settings to hopefully better values (see curves in attached pictures)
  • call volume: 7 instead of 5 volume steps (I figured the call volume on lowest volume was too high in some environments)
  • media volume: 20 instead of 15 volume steps

Take care,
B.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180217-162804.png
    Screenshot_20180217-162804.png
    137.1 KB · Views: 394
  • Screenshot_20180217-162821.png
    Screenshot_20180217-162821.png
    115.7 KB · Views: 393
  • Screenshot_20180217-162827.png
    Screenshot_20180217-162827.png
    89.8 KB · Views: 386
  • newbacklight.PNG
    newbacklight.PNG
    15.5 KB · Views: 382
  • oldbacklight.PNG
    oldbacklight.PNG
    14.6 KB · Views: 383
Last edited:

iBART

Sep 28, 2010
Torreano
Download links

• includes all LineageOS commits up to 2018-02-17 (including Google February security patches)
  • exchanged color profiles for picture adjustment settings like hue, contrast and stuff (Settings > Display > LiveDisplay > Picture adjustment)
  • updated display auto brightness settings to hopefully better values (see curves in attached pictures)
  • call volume: 7 instead of 5 volume steps (I figured the call volume on lowest volume was too high in some environments)

Take care,
B.
I don't want to be rude but who are you? why do you want to take over a vache build?

Darkguy

Sep 11, 2006
Vienna
I don't want to be rude but who are you? why do you want to take over a vache build?
probably because nobody else (despite promising otherwise) has stepped up to provide regular builds. At this point, I'm happy to take whatever is offered, as long as the builds are stable and include current security updates.

Frankly, I don't care about “politics“, people saying “but you are X, you can't just take over Y's build“ or the nefarious reasons why a working build never got to be included in the lofty mix of “official builds“. The beauty is, it's an open source project and I'm happy to use builds by whoever is willing and able to provide further development. At some point, we'll all switch to 15.1, but for me, that needs to be stable to use as my daily driver. The 14.1 build currently provides me with everything I need.

---------- Post added at 09:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 AM ----------

Download links

Take care,
B.
Thanks, your build works great! Just read you adjusted volume settings, will try them out.

boype

Apr 27, 2012
Düsseldorf
not rude at all - legitimate questions.
I used to provide kernel builds for the Samsung Galaxy Nexus back in the days. After that, I was inactive on XDA for a long time.
I'd just like to get regular builds and vache seems to be busy with android 8 development, so I figured I might as well share the builds.
I don't want to be rude and "take something over". If it's considered inappropriate to post builds in this thread, I might as well open an own thread.

Best,
B.

tuxattack80

Nov 29, 2012
Covington Kentucky
not rude at all - legitimate questions.
I used to provide kernel builds for the Samsung Galaxy Nexus back in the days. After that, I was inactive on XDA for a long time.
I'd just like to get regular builds and vache seems to be busy with android 8 development, so I figured I might as well share the builds.
I don't want to be rude and "take something over". If it's considered inappropriate to post builds in this thread, I might as well open an own thread.

Best,
B.

Thanks for the build! Extremely stable and smooth so far. Whether you're sharing in her or in your own thread I'd just like to say welcome to potter and I'll be keeping an eye out for more builds. Quick question, was substratum support taken out of lineage? Not a big deal as I can do without it but more or less making sure that I wasn't doing anything wrong. I allowed privileges on the app and themes but seemed to fail to apply overlays even with root. Like I said I can totally do without it just wasn't sure if it was a bug or by design.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    https%3A%2F%2Fimg.xda-cdn.com%2FkyxRsPr6u1Vy5sOBsyaCfk9XV7E%3D%2Fhttps%253A%252F%252Fs19.postimg.org%252Fvbiad1tq7%252Fhttp_i_imgur_com_f2g_AFBe.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 7.1.2 (Nougat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit.

Broken:

• DTV for XT1683 model

Download Links:

Installation:
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Format /system, /data and /cache
    • Install LineageOS zip
    • Install [optional] a Google Apps package of your choice (Open GApps is advisable, but stock and super variants are not recommended!!!)
    • Install [optional] su addon
    • Install [optional] SafetyNet hack

Sources:

Credits:

Huge thanks to following guys. Because i didn't have the device in hands, credits goes to:

@fAIyaZ
    @kaustubh_lipare
    @Awesomeslayerg
    @Johny Cipeli
    @Mandy $ingh
    @brainiak005
    @abeloman
    @dhk.-
    @sharan.nyn

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 14.1, ROM for the Moto G5 Plus

Contributors
    vache, boype
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS/

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Unlocked bootloader, TWRP

Version Information
    Beta Release Date: 2017-04-21

Created 2017-04-21
    Last Updated 2018-06-17
    Alright guys, I've submitted device support to TWRP and LineageOS and we will see what happens. Again, thanks to @vache for letting me do this and giving me permission to do so! Can't wait to have official builds that I'll maintain with Vaches changes, etc. I hope to receive responses from the two (LOS and TWRP) shortly so that we can be on the official bandwagon

Sam
    Weekly build is up.

Heya peeps, hope you are having good weekends going. so here is the latest build of lineage-14.1 for this weekend. lineage sources were synced 2 hours before posting this build.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NsTP3G_QnHP-ooe8XDTZzEEPp_H4vTGq/view?usp=drivesdk

Enjoy!
    I agree with everything you just said.
    @SJR (Sam) - if you can't be the official LOS maintainer (for whatever non-technical reason), would you be willing to be an unofficial maintainer for LOS 14.1? I also would be very happy with a monthly build. The existance of LOS for this phone was my reason for buying it in the first place.
    But I don't want to hang around here begging for someone to post a build every time there is a new bug or security problem in Android.
    If you want me to make unofficial builds weekly in a separate thread for it, thumbs up this post or PM me or something. I could do that for you guys just need to know before I start off in other projects and those become priority.