N00b.

• Thread starter Original Android <3ers!
  • Start date
Search This thread

TheDeadCPU

Retired Senior Moderator
Jun 22, 2009
ಠ_ಠ
A "noob" is a person who is new or inexperienced in a subject, usually an online game. Noobs are usually annoying and excessively stupid. Do not confuse noobs with newbs, who are inexperienced players that tend to be more mature and strive to become better.

tina333

Sep 6, 2010
Cornwall
A "noob" is a person who is new or inexperienced in a subject, usually an online game. Noobs are usually annoying and excessively stupid. Do not confuse noobs with newbs, who are inexperienced players that tend to be more mature and strive to become better.

What a fantastic definition... you should definitely consider putting together maybe something along the lines of an android based user help guide or even just a help guide with common terms, abbreviations, slang etc... ... i would definitely buy it :)

Sent from my Dell Streak

mmegalodon

Aug 14, 2010

Copy and Pasted. Lol
Don't go writing the book just yet. Stick to UD.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

orb3000

Retired Senior Moderator
XDA App Taskforce
lol
It's original definition was "Laughing out loud" (also written occasionally as "Lots of Laughs"), used as a brief acronym to denote great amusement in chat conversations.

Now, it is overused to the point where nobody laughs out loud when they say it. In fact, they probably don't even give a **** about what you just wrote. More accurately, the acronym "lol" should be redefined as "Lack of laughter."

Depending on the chatter, its definition may vary. The list of its meanings includes, but is not limited to:
1) "I have nothing worthwhile to contribute to this conversation."
2) "I'm too lazy to read what you just wrote so I'm typing something useless in hopes that you'll think I'm still paying attention."
3) "Your statement lacks even the vaguest trace of humor but I'll pretend I'm amused."
4) "This is a pointless acronym I'm sticking in my sentence just because it's become so engraved into my mind that when chatting, I MUST use the meaningless sentence-filler 'lol.'"

What means lol :p

Sent from my X10i

willverduzco

User Experience Admin
Staff member
Apr 30, 2010
Manassas, VA
lol
It's original definition was "Laughing out loud" (also written occasionally as "Lots of Laughs"), used as a brief acronym to denote great amusement in chat conversations.

Now, it is overused to the point where nobody laughs out loud when they say it. In fact, they probably don't even give a **** about what you just wrote. More accurately, the acronym "lol" should be redefined as "Lack of laughter."

Depending on the chatter, its definition may vary. The list of its meanings includes, but is not limited to:
2) "I'm too lazy to read what you just wrote so I'm typing something useless in hopes that you'll think I'm still paying attention."
3) "Your statement lacks even the vaguest trace of humor but I'll pretend I'm amused."
4) "This is a pointless acronym I'm sticking in my sentence just because it's become so engraved into my mind that when chatting, I MUST use the meaningless sentence-filler 'lol.'"
LMAO. I agree with this assessment 100%.

O

Original Android <3ers!

People are still replying to this thread?!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    here would be examples

most xbox players are noobs

while steam players are newbs/pros :p
    Ahh never thought of that

√ HTC Evo 3D GSM
    √ Android JB 4.1.2
    √ Disarmed Toaster
    √ 4EXT Recovery Touch
    √ Anthrax Kernel 3.7.0 @ 1.6ghz
    Lol, I write a lot of stuff on Urban dictionary.
    lol

What means lol :p

Sent from my X10i