[Root] 5/5T Dynamic Change Library for GCam without Breaking OOS Cam. {DEPRECATED}

Search This thread

aillez

Jun 28, 2010
Bangkok
OnePlus 10 Pro
{DEPRECATED}
This project won't release a new version because I see no reason for that since modified lib v.2.3 is working fine on OP5/5T without breaking OOS functionality.

Hi guys,

After intensive try. I’ll glad to tell you that I just found the way to fix GCam Front facing camera portrait mode without using Magisk module. (which break Face Unlock functionality in OOS)
Instead, my method will dynamic change library only when needs to use GCam and you can revert to default binary, then you still can use Face Unlock.

THIS MOD WAS TESTED WITH OXYGEN OS OREO ONLY

Warning:
Your warranty is now void.
I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, your phone won’t boot. Use it at your own risk

Prerequisite:
1. Root with Magisk (My app/script only test with Magisk)
2. Busybox NDK (Magisk Module)
3. My file.
4. Disable all lib fix module. (prevent confliction)
5. Recommended Gcam APK: https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/dev-arnova8G2/

How to:
Ver 3.5.1
1. Download my file here View attachment FixGCam-by-aillez-Unified-V.3.5.1.zip and don't move to another folder. (should be in Download folder or XDA folder)
2. Install this app from the archive (FixGCam-by-aillez-Unified-V.3.5.zip)
3. Allow storage permission of my app. Long Press the app and choose App info > Permission > Storage > Enable it.

SrNit9V.jpg

4. Open the app and tab Read me/Tutorial button and read it first.
5. Tab Create required file button.
6. Wait until it shows toast about "Required file has been created"

KIuQzkM.jpg

7. Auto-Mode is Fix binary and automatic revert after screen off. (It'll ask for root permission)
8. Manual Fix and Revert is for a user who wants to trigger it by their design time. (It'll ask for root permission)
9. Pick GCam dialog will show after you fix binary (either Auto-Mode or Manual) PS. Only supported for Pixel2Mod and Pixel3Mod by Arnova8G2
10. If you think this mod helps your life better and it worth for some donation. Please help donate :)

Troubleshooting.
1. If you get "Archive not found" when tab Create required file >>> Download My file first.

WnsaqBy.jpg

2. If you get "You don't have a required file" >>> Tab Create required file button.

uxngGll.jpg

3. If you get "Busybox not found" >> Install it.

kvrq8JH.jpg

4. If Create required file doesn't say anything to you. (report by some users).
You need to create a folder name "FixGCam-by-aillez" in internal storage and extract file from archive to there. (As a workaround) Folder structure should be like this.
and you should not tab Create required file.

k4iY7Qy.jpg

5. After I fix binary Gcam still don't work/Capture Pink image. What should I do?
Sometimes Gcam already running before change library and load default binary. Fc Gcam and try again will help.
Updated: Should be fixed in V.3.5.1

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------default-----------------------------------------------------

Code:
Tutorial + Demo for V.3.0 
[media=youtube]aelumI-U7AM[/media]

Ver. 3.0
1.	Download My file here [ATTACH]4503243._xfImport[/ATTACH]
2.	Extract it to your root of internal storage (/storage/emulated/0) [U][B]otherwise my script won’t work.[/B][/U]
3.	Looking for App folder you will find 2 APK. Install it.
4.	When you need to use GCam.[B] [U]Launch 01_FixBinary_by_aillez app[/U][/B]. Give it root permission and wait for it to say "GCam Binary is Fixed"
5.	If GCam still take Pink image. Force close GCam and try again.
6.	When you done using GCam. [B][U]Launch 02_02_RevertBinary_by_aillez app. [/U][/B] Give it root permission and and wait for it to say "Reverted to Stock Binary Completed".
7.	Enjoy using Face Unlock, OOS Cam all functionality.
That’s it. Enjoy :D

All credit goes to who made this happen
@defcomg (SavitarZA) for Portrait Fix binary.
@topjohnwu for Magisk
@osm0sis for Busybox Systemless
@txx1219 for his finding of solution for camera2api
@Arnova8G2 for Dot fix and GCam Mod.

Not necessary but If you like my work and wanna buy me some coffee.
Donation: https://www.paypal.me/aillez

Changelog:
V.2 - Added SManager method.
V.2.1 - Repack for new binary to use with OOS 5.1.x (Android 8.1)
V.2.2 - Repack new dotfix lib by Arnova8G2 and colour fix lib by Savitar (aka Defcomg).
V.3.0 - Big Update....Release as an app. No more Tasker and SManagers thing.
V.3.5 - Combine 2 APK to 1 APK (from V.3.0)
Added Application interface.
Bring back automatic mode and added create required file.
Added Pick GCam version dialog after fix binary (Pixel2Mod and Pixel3Mod)
Added error-handling. Should be easier to know what wrong and how to fix it.
V.3.5.1 - Updated lib from Arnova8G2 v. 2.2
Added loop for Force close Gcam after fix binary (should solved all pink image after fix binary)

Attachments

• FixGCam-by-aillez-Unified-V.3.5.zip
    4.5 MB · Views: 1,634
  • 01-EnableStoragePermission.jpg
    01-EnableStoragePermission.jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 2,389
  • 02-RequiredFileCreated.jpg
    02-RequiredFileCreated.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 2,425
  • 03-Error-RequiredFileNotFound.jpg
    03-Error-RequiredFileNotFound.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 2,527
  • 04-Error-ArchiveNotFound.jpg
    04-Error-ArchiveNotFound.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 2,294
  • 05-Error-BusyboxNotFound.jpg
    05-Error-BusyboxNotFound.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 2,226
  • 06-Folder-Structure.jpg
    06-Folder-Structure.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 2,132
Last edited:

saccentekennedy

Nov 15, 2012
Hey! It works amazingly well....

So, I was thinking about triggering the revert task to exiting Gcam rather than screen off. The only problem is that it detects exiting Gcam if you go view your photos from within the camera app. I can't figure out how to make it work. Anyone with more Tasker knowledge know how to make this work... I.e. tie the fix to launching the app, then get it to revert on closing the app? I know there are downsides either way really.

M1LL3R

Jan 10, 2014
please tell me a step to step guide

Install the busy box module
Restart the phone
Install Tasker
Go to Tasker options and disable beginner mode
Download the zip provided by the op and extract it
Go to Tasker and create a new project and select the files in the zip
Start the project
Done

Reactions: Bofahad

dariett

in my case the camera app doesn't take any picture in portrait mode with the front camera :(
No errors when the task is execute and works well the restore for the face unlock...but I can't take the photo
OB3 + Arnova's v6_beta15

EDIT: It's necessary to enabled hdr+ front camera

Last edited:

gunyz

Feb 12, 2018
Thank you very much man I really prefer face unlock over fingerprint and I often use my camera (thank God we have gcam to replace stock camera) and it was a pain to have to reboot to get either gcam or face unlock.
It's working for me on OB3 with arnova Cam and other version of gcam.

aillez

Jun 28, 2010
Bangkok
OnePlus 10 Pro
Good to see it's working for you :)
I'll try to write a script to run without needs of Tasker since not everyone using Tasker.
But I can't give you ETA.

???
Quick update here.
I finally writing script and keep testing.
NOW SCRIPTS IS COMPLETED.

This will allow users who not using Tasker can using my mod.

Will record tutorial and share here soon :laugh:

Attachments

• QuickScreencapture_20180220-163357.jpg
    QuickScreencapture_20180220-163357.jpg
    160.7 KB · Views: 848

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    {DEPRECATED}
    This project won't release a new version because I see no reason for that since modified lib v.2.3 is working fine on OP5/5T without breaking OOS functionality.

Hi guys,

After intensive try. I’ll glad to tell you that I just found the way to fix GCam Front facing camera portrait mode without using Magisk module. (which break Face Unlock functionality in OOS)
    Instead, my method will dynamic change library only when needs to use GCam and you can revert to default binary, then you still can use Face Unlock.

THIS MOD WAS TESTED WITH OXYGEN OS OREO ONLY

Warning:
    Your warranty is now void.
    I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, your phone won’t boot. Use it at your own risk

Prerequisite:
    1. Root with Magisk (My app/script only test with Magisk)
    2. Busybox NDK (Magisk Module)
    3. My file.
    4. Disable all lib fix module. (prevent confliction)
    5. Recommended Gcam APK: https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/dev-arnova8G2/

How to:
    Ver 3.5.1
    1. Download my file here View attachment FixGCam-by-aillez-Unified-V.3.5.1.zip and don't move to another folder. (should be in Download folder or XDA folder)
    2. Install this app from the archive (FixGCam-by-aillez-Unified-V.3.5.zip)
    3. Allow storage permission of my app. Long Press the app and choose App info > Permission > Storage > Enable it.

SrNit9V.jpg

4. Open the app and tab Read me/Tutorial button and read it first.
    5. Tab Create required file button.
    6. Wait until it shows toast about "Required file has been created"

KIuQzkM.jpg

7. Auto-Mode is Fix binary and automatic revert after screen off. (It'll ask for root permission)
    8. Manual Fix and Revert is for a user who wants to trigger it by their design time. (It'll ask for root permission)
    9. Pick GCam dialog will show after you fix binary (either Auto-Mode or Manual) PS. Only supported for Pixel2Mod and Pixel3Mod by Arnova8G2
    10. If you think this mod helps your life better and it worth for some donation. Please help donate :)

Troubleshooting.
    1. If you get "Archive not found" when tab Create required file >>> Download My file first.

WnsaqBy.jpg

2. If you get "You don't have a required file" >>> Tab Create required file button.

uxngGll.jpg

3. If you get "Busybox not found" >> Install it.

kvrq8JH.jpg

4. If Create required file doesn't say anything to you. (report by some users).
    You need to create a folder name "FixGCam-by-aillez" in internal storage and extract file from archive to there. (As a workaround) Folder structure should be like this.
    and you should not tab Create required file.

k4iY7Qy.jpg

5. After I fix binary Gcam still don't work/Capture Pink image. What should I do?
    Sometimes Gcam already running before change library and load default binary. Fc Gcam and try again will help.
    Updated: Should be fixed in V.3.5.1

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------default-----------------------------------------------------

Code:
    Tutorial + Demo for V.3.0 
    [media=youtube]aelumI-U7AM[/media]

Ver. 3.0
    1.	Download My file here [ATTACH]4503243._xfImport[/ATTACH]
    2.	Extract it to your root of internal storage (/storage/emulated/0) [U][B]otherwise my script won’t work.[/B][/U]
    3.	Looking for App folder you will find 2 APK. Install it.
    4.	When you need to use GCam.[B] [U]Launch 01_FixBinary_by_aillez app[/U][/B]. Give it root permission and wait for it to say "GCam Binary is Fixed"
    5.	If GCam still take Pink image. Force close GCam and try again.
    6.	When you done using GCam. [B][U]Launch 02_02_RevertBinary_by_aillez app. [/U][/B] Give it root permission and and wait for it to say "Reverted to Stock Binary Completed".
    7.	Enjoy using Face Unlock, OOS Cam all functionality.
    That’s it. Enjoy :D

All credit goes to who made this happen
    @defcomg (SavitarZA) for Portrait Fix binary.
    @topjohnwu for Magisk
    @osm0sis for Busybox Systemless
    @txx1219 for his finding of solution for camera2api
    @Arnova8G2 for Dot fix and GCam Mod.

Not necessary but If you like my work and wanna buy me some coffee.
    Donation: https://www.paypal.me/aillez

Changelog:
    V.2 - Added SManager method.
    V.2.1 - Repack for new binary to use with OOS 5.1.x (Android 8.1)
    V.2.2 - Repack new dotfix lib by Arnova8G2 and colour fix lib by Savitar (aka Defcomg).
    V.3.5 - Combine 2 APK to 1 APK (from V.3.0)
    Added Application interface.
    Bring back automatic mode and added create required file.
    Added Pick GCam version dialog after fix binary (Pixel2Mod and Pixel3Mod)
    Added error-handling. Should be easier to know what wrong and how to fix it.
    Added loop for Force close Gcam after fix binary (should solved all pink image after fix binary)

Removed all previous version that required Tasker and SManagers.

This version has been confirmed by OP5/OP5T that's works well.

Enjoy :D
    Waiting eagerly for tomorrow
    Currently still tesing for error handling.
    Next version might be the complete version!!!
    It will catch an error and tell you what to do such as
    no busybox, not have required file, etc.

:)
    Good to see it's working for you :)
    I'll try to write a script to run without needs of Tasker since not everyone using Tasker.
    But I can't give you ETA.

???
    Updated version to V. 3.5.1
    Changelog
    Added loop for Force close Gcam after fix binary (should solve all pink image after fix binary)

Please find download in OP.

This might not need for OP5T anymore but OP5 still need it because fix lib for OP5 still bugged.

I have only OP5T so... OP5 Users please test and report.