[ROM][NIGHTLIES]LineageOS[Android 7.1.1]Trader418 LineageOS

Search This thread

FabioSan

Dec 2, 2013
Woops. Sorry for the inaccurate information. My bad. You should use the app shown in attachment because it displays the information better :eek:. Thank you in advance.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge using XDA Labs

Here you go :) it's in italian, but the info are pretty universal :)

Attachments

• IMG_20180216_182142_437.jpg
    IMG_20180216_182142_437.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 733
  • IMG_20180216_182147_309.jpg
    IMG_20180216_182147_309.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 725

grumpycoder100

Sep 28, 2016
Singapore
Here you go :) it's in italian, but the info are pretty universal :)
Okay. So the problem is that you have an out dated baseband (BOJ1), whereas the current latest baseband is BPB1. To update it (I would suggest you to update your bootloader as well since it can bring about some benefits related to camera or hardware related stuff), go to this thread:

https://xdaforums.com/galaxy-note-3/general/bootloader-baseband-bl-cp-samsung-t3582504

And have a look at my screenshot below; the ones which I have pointed an arrow towards are the two files we are interested in. In this case it is the CP: N9005XXUGBPB1 as well as the BL: N9005XXSGBQE1.

Download those two specific files, and follow the instructions to flash them to your device as given in that thread's first post.

All the best! Do report any problems you face should you counter any when updating bootloader and basebands.

Pro tip: After flashing bootloader and baseband files, make sure that the new ones stick fully, and that they are still aren't the older ones by checking through the Phone Info app you used to provide me the information earlier :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180217-053258.jpg
    Screenshot_20180217-053258.jpg
    207.7 KB · Views: 432
Reactions: FabioSan

FabioSan

Dec 2, 2013
Okay. So the problem is that you have an out dated baseband (BOJ1), whereas the current latest baseband is BPB1. To update it (I would suggest you to update your bootloader as well since it can bring about some benefits related to camera or hardware related stuff), go to this thread:

https://xdaforums.com/galaxy-note-3/general/bootloader-baseband-bl-cp-samsung-t3582504

And have a look at my screenshot below; the ones which I have pointed an arrow towards are the two files we are interested in. In this case it is the CP: N9005XXUGBPB1 as well as the BL: N9005XXSGBQE1.

Download those two specific files, and follow the instructions to flash them to your device as given in that thread's first post.

All the best! Do report any problems you face should you counter any when updating bootloader and basebands.

Pro tip: After flashing bootloader and baseband files, make sure that the new ones stick fully, and that they are still aren't the older ones by checking through the Phone Info app you used to provide me the information earlier :)

All solved, thanks to you :D

It's remaining only that at boot there is a screen with "set warranty bit: kernel
Any tips to solve?

Hassan_Ezzo

Apr 13, 2015
The pc cant not read my fone...how coud i fix this broplem???

تم الإرسال من SM-N9005 باستخدام Tapatalk

Medyredy

Mar 23, 2017
What audio issues are you talking about? I'm using latest build since wednesday and not a single audio issue (ringtones, videos, calls). Everything works as expected.
I'm not sure what's the exact problem.. But when I'm watching YouTube the sounds would stop, like the device goes mute, I'd have to go back to home and then back to YouTube app and sound us back again.. So far this happens with YouTube only..

---------- Post added at 09:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 PM ----------

The pc cant not read my fone...how coud i fix this broplem???

تم الإرسال من SM-N9005 باستخدام Tapatalk
Have you used Samsung Kies

asusgarb

Jul 4, 2010
I'm not sure what's the exact problem.. But when I'm watching YouTube the sounds would stop, like the device goes mute, I'd have to go back to home and then back to YouTube app and sound us back again.. So far this happens with YouTube only..

Sorry but I can't help with your problem. The only thing I can say is that I've never had that issue.

P.S. Probably not the best thing, but maybe you can try an alternative youtube app.

Fusseldieb

Jul 27, 2013
Anápolis
From your screen shot - The Files are the Modem and Bootloader - So again you would NOT use the AP slot - You would use the CP slot for the Baseband / Modem - Non Holos and the BL slot for the others in your screen shot.

Sent by my SM-G930W8 From Down The Rabbit Hole

EIther way, this got so confusing that I've just bricked my phone with that... It failed in both PHONE and PDA and now I need to download a almost 2GB file and wait for hours... NICE!

shaggyskunk

Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2011
IDK
EIther way, this got so confusing that I've just bricked my phone with that... It failed in both PHONE and PDA and now I need to download a almost 2GB file and wait for hours... NICE!
First of all - If you can boot into Download Mode - You haven't "bricked" your phone - Use Odin 3.12.3 (at least) but Odin 3.12.7 is preferred - Here's a YouTube video that should clear up your confusion.... ?

https://youtu.be/z5d0nnMSqfk

"nice"? Really.... BTW - You should get it the habit of Downloading the Full Stock Samsung Firmware for your device to your computer - BEFORE you start Flashing Roms etc - So that you already have it should it be needed.... ?

Sent from my SM-G955W ??

Last edited:

rayman95

Jan 14, 2009
monaco
Google Nexus 4
Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Nobody force you to flash your phone, even if you re enable to restore it....if you re confuse, just ask or read before doing mistakes.....
@shaggyskunk is always helpful and continue to help you, even if you're disrespectful against him.
Next time think before acting...

Last edited:

Atlantisvip

Jan 15, 2016
Coronado
Hey, have you got a problem with mobile data connection? Latest update.

Wysłane z mojego SM-N9005 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Yes,I have. I comented about it and received a very rude response..

---------- Post added at 04:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:37 PM ----------

Update download is dead slow.. Trying to download it to pc first instead and it's the same. Any info on this?

poster74

Jul 27, 2012
First of I'd just like to say how great this build has been for my N9005. Apart from a couple of minor hiccups, its been beyond brilliant, An ageing (but still decent handset) coupled a stable Android 7. Makes me think I'd never have to upgrade my phone.

Oh, now the issue.
I recently upgraded the bootloader and modem to what was supposed to be the latest. I cant find the thread on xda now but the bootloader and modem versions I flashed to were BL_N9005XXSGBQE1.tar and CP_N9005XXUGPQB1.tar.

What has been happening since is that the I keep losing signal, , it will work for a short time ( say a few minutes) and then the LTE icon will have as a 'X' against it - voice calls will go through but data doesnt work. And then occasionally the icon will just turn to the full bars without even a 'H+' or 'LTE' - again voice calls and no data. The only way to get signal back is to enable and disable airplane modem. It then works for a short while but gets back to the same problem abit later.

So I reverted back to my previous bootloader and modem - BL_N9005DXSGBQA1.tar and CP_N9005XXUGBPI1.tar. I confirmed in Phone Info that it has flashed correctly, but still the same issue - This is strange as I have been on this BL/CP for a long time without issue (maybe a year).

I have also flashed to the latest rom build 14/02/2018 and still the same issue. I am in the UK and my Preferred Network Type is GSM/WCDMA/LTE.

Got anyone please provide any suggestions ? The phone has become semi-unusable as it keeps losing data connection every 5/10/x minutes. Many Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Official LineageOS

I tweet when i release updates and other information. @trader418dev

Source for my kernel included is found on my github here.

At the moment this rom supports HLTE/TMO/CAN (GSM) (but has only been tested on HLTE SM-n9005), I do plan on compiling a cdma build for SPR and VZW in the future.​

Disclaimer:
    PHP:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void. Knox 0x1.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. Hard. A lot.
     */

Screenshots:

HtyVSi1l.png
    vsDOtWql.png

O2n4sz3l.png
    Qfh3WO1l.png

Known Issues are in the next post.

Requires at least an Android 4.3 (or higher) bootloader.

Download Links:
    Official Rom - Lineage Download Site
    Nightlies - My Blog/Download Site
    Old versions - Android File Host && BasketBuild
    Gapps - OpenGapps.org - Tested with arm - 7.1 - pico

Installation:
    1. Wipe system, data, cache, dalvik
    2. Flash rom
    3. Flash Gapps (I have only tested with PICO from opengapps.org)
    4. Reboot

Change-log:
    2016-09-12 - Initial release - v0.1

2016-09-14 - v0.2 - Ril partially working (texting works, calling doesn't, cellular data unknown), sound is fixed, gello no longer fc on start, kernel is now compiled with gcc 4.9 rather than 4.8. And Embedded root now included. Also the base is now cm14 - 7.0.0_r6

2016-10-06 - v0.3 - Updated cm sources, a lot of bug fixes (auto rotate, calling, camera, flashlight etc)

2016-10-22 - v0.4 - updated cm sources, Mobile data working

2016-10-27 - v0.6 - Cm sources now cm14.1/android 7.1

2016-11-07 - v0.8B - CM source updates && partial screenshot support (thanks Maxr1998) && settings fc on boot fix && OTA update support

2016-11-17 - v0.9 - SDCardFS 3.2.0 (goodbye fuse) - cm code updates - misc small fixes - Kernel N2 introduction

2016-11-22 - v1.0 - Changelog: Cm source - Misc Partition - Ir blaster hal revamp located at Github (credits: crpalmer, zwliew, javelinanddart) - sdcardfs improvements (still testing)

2016-12-11 - v1.1 - Changelog: cm source updates (android 7.1.1) - common liblights hal from hardware/samsung now used - sdcardfs improvements - temp fix for thermal engine crash on boot

2016-12-18 - Dropped versioning, all builds are identified by date now - Changelog: selinux now enforcing (may have some denials still, not sure), cm updates, vibrate intensity is back

2017-01-03 - First LineageOS Build

2017-02-28 - New kernel (https://github.com/trader418/android_kernel_samsung_hlte_N/tree/NewKernel)

2017-05-06 - Okay so I have neglected changelogs a little...

If you appreciate my efforts and would like it to continue you can donate to me on paypal: trader418@googlemail.com

Credits, without these guys this rom would never be available:
    Temasek
    Cyanogenmod Team
    LineageOS Team
    Everyone who has contributed to the hlte repos in the past
    Mattew Booth for the OTA app - https://github.com/MatthewBooth/OTAUpdates
    Maxr1998 for Partial screenshot support (https://github.com/Maxr1998)

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][NIGHTLIES]LineageOS[Android 7.1.1]Trader418 LineageOS , ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Contributors
    trader418
    Source Code: https://github.com/trader418

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2016-09-12
    Last Updated 2017-11-25
    known issues:
    ¯\_(⊙︿⊙)_/¯
    V0.3 - Major Update!

A lot more things working
    Including but not limited to:
    Flashlight, camera, Calling (NEEDS TESTING - I do not have a sim card that works in this device right now, can people please report back), autorotate

I am not responsible for any damage to your device etc, you are choosing to flash this file!

Grab the V0.3 update here! (only on android file host right now, too late to upload everywhere right now)

I am still not saying this is a daily driver though. I still have very little time and if i get flooded with eta requests and bug reports right now it really does hurt motivation. If you find a bug you think i wont know about (it isnt obvious or it doesnt exist in previous cm13 roms) you are welcome to report however that doesn't mean i will fix it/give a timescale on a fix.

I have not updated the OP as it is 3:30 AM here and i have uni today. Whenever I get chance I will update it.

PS not sure if mobile data / cell data is working, can people please report back :)

Have a good day!

Also make sure you do a clean flash!
    Well i know that asking for eta is just rude and unrespectfull for the developer but now it has been like 1 month or less since the last alpha build maybe you should rename the the thread to [onhold] or maybe [paused]
    Am not trying to be disrespectful for the dev in fact i apreaciate his time but 1 month without any updates need to be called onhold or somth because alot of people will come and ask for etaS

Its been 2 weeks, not a month. I said on twitter I'm taking 2 weeks off and I have.

I am a university student, I do this for free. I do not have much time. The university year just started, and as you can imagine I am focusing on that rather than this.

My education will always come first.

Friendly reminder: I do not work for you.