[APP] [ROOT] 1-click root for N1 (Latest ver: 1.6.2 beta 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

chris6278

Jun 16, 2010
This is what i did i rooted my phone usin this app, i downloaded rom manager from the market an flashed their clockworkmod recovery, did a backup of my stock rom, found the newer version of cm6 on xda forums downloaded it an installed it. Im now runnin cm6 rc2. Easiest thing ever

Forge94

Dec 19, 2009
This is what i did i rooted my phone usin this app, i downloaded rom manager from the market an flashed their clockworkmod recovery, did a backup of my stock rom, found the newer version of cm6 on xda forums downloaded it an installed it. Im now runnin cm6 rc2. Easiest thing ever

Did you do your backup through ROM Manager?
Any radio updates needed?
What about a Nandroid backup and a wipe?

I feel like an idiot.

enlothien

Mar 4, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Did you do your backup through ROM Manager?
Any radio updates needed?
What about a Nandroid backup and a wipe?

I feel like an idiot.

Same here I feel like an idiot too

Downloaded the latest cm tried installing it using rom manager but prompted to a screen with an exclamation mark

Chicken out and move back to recovery and re booted

Did my Nan droid back up thru rom manager by installing clock work recovery

chris6278

Jun 16, 2010
I just followed the instructions where the new cm6 iz posted. Yes i did do a wipe am the goggle addon. I didnt do a radio update tho. Also i did a nandroid backup with rom manager. Sorry forgot to mention those parts

Pikitano

Jul 20, 2010
Great news!!!

I'm waiting for any confermation if this works also on FRF91 european Vodafone firmware.

PS: shouldn't this thread be moved to "Nexus One Android Development"???

chris6278

Jun 16, 2010
I think this thread is in the right area considering it is an app that roots your phone

dusty-

Sep 26, 2009
Every time I try and download the app I get download unsuccessful.

Is the app still good? I read that Google pulled the quick root app from the market.

dusty-

Sep 26, 2009
Lol never mind I got it to download on skyfire and now I'm rooted.

Now that I'm rooted what do I do? Is flashing a cooked Rom on android as simple as flashing on winmo?

RottenRonnie

Mar 21, 2010
I have rooted my phone 3 Australia .
How do i tell what has changed & as another user asked .
What should my next steps be to customising with cm6 ?

Thank$
From a not very tech savvy person :)

chris6278

Jun 16, 2010
If ur rooted nothin has really changed except u should now have the superuser permissions app which lets u use apps that require root access. As far as flashing the new cm6 there are simple instructions here on xda that tells u what to do

cicrockets

Mar 15, 2010
Caution: Installing CyanogenMod will erase everything on your phone. You will have to reinstall any non-market apps and you will lose all your contacts and emails and messages, unless you first back it up with Titanium Backup in the market.

Note: I am not responsible for any damage you make to your phone. This is only a guide and by no means the complete and only way to flash CM.

Warning: If you flash CM, you will have to update your radio to the new one released with 2.2 unless you already updated it. Flashing this wrong could brick your phone and I am not responsible for any damages that occur to your device. I'm not going to into how to flash the radio. From here on out, I'm going to assume you already have the Froyo radio.

Once you root, the simplest way to install CM6 would be to download ROM Manager from the market and flash the recovery. Here are the steps:
1. Plug in your power cable and root using the 1-click root.
2. Search for ROM Manager on Market and Install
3. Open the app and allow the app to gain root access
4. Click the "Flash ClockworkMod Recovery" and wait until the progress bar is finished.
5. It might freeze or ask permissions midway or not work at all. In this case, just click the button again.
6. Then click the Download ROM under ROM Management of ROM Manager and select CyanogenMod.
7. Select the one you want. CM 6.0.0 are all Froyo 2.2 Release Candidates so may have bugs. CM 5.0.8 is the last stable release of Eclair 2.1
8. In edition to downloading CM, make sure you download the corresponding Google Apps as CM does not include GApps for copyright and licensing issues.
9. Afterwords, go back to the main menu and select "Install ROM from SD Card".
10. Navigate to clockworkmod/download/mirror.kanged.net/... until you get to the ROM. It should be named somewhat like update-cm-6.0.0-N1-RC2-signed.zip
11. Click on it and click Add Zip. Then navigate to clockworkmod/download/kanged.net/... until you get to the GApps. It should be named somewhat like gapps-hdpi-FRF91-2-signed.zip
12. Click that and click OK.
13. When it prompts, choose to backup before flashing and give the backup a name like "Stock N1 Rooted". Also choose to clear data and dalvik-cache.
14. Wait. It'll reboot and go into the clockwork recovery and automatically queue and flash the two zips. Keep waiting until it reboots again.
15. Welcome to Cyanogen Mod.

Side-note: I'm not sure if clearing data and cache count as a full wipe. If these steps dont get you to a working CM rom, tell me and I'll post the non-automated way to do this.

ctbear

Oct 15, 2009
Seattle
Updated the link in the 1st post, with newest version and English changelog :)

Note: the attachment in 1st post still works, just not the newest version

espeanage

Aug 13, 2008
I successfully rooted my Nexus One! Finally! I've been having a hard time trying to root with the previous tutorials. This one is so easy and fast!

ywindlass

Oct 12, 2008
I approve

This makes me want to relock my bootloader.... Too bad i can't :p

But idc really, this release is great, really good for the people scared to root. :D

chris6278

Jun 16, 2010
Download rom manager from the market an install cm6 im tellin u its badass. Rom manager basically does everything for u. This app is the greatest thing since sliced bread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

EDIT2: Since Google patched the loop hole in 2.2.1, this app is no longer working for newer builds. For this reason the developer has stopped supporting the app. If you still want to use this, feel free to do so. It would not harm anything.
    However if it doesn't root your phone, there are numerous other methods of rooting out there. I suggest SuperOneClick or unrevoked.

EDIT: I see that a lot of people have no idea what rooting is, or don't even know how to install an apk. Seriously, rooting can potentially harm your phone if you have absolutely no idea what you're doing. For that reason, I strongly recommend you hold off using this app (or rooting in general) until you have done enough research and are more comfortable with Android.
    If you insist on using this app, use it at your own risk. You have been warned! :D

This is a good post to guide you through how to flash a custom rom, after rooting your phone. And no, this app does not unlock your bootloader.

Important: I'm not the developer, click the link below for the blog for official release of this app

Official releases here

Aug 30 Update: added v1.6.2 beta 5, added support for more devices, added widget for soft root
    Aug 12 Update: added v1.6.1: superuser updated, HTC Tattoo support added. Check official link for changelog
    Aug 10 Update: added v1.5.3 for peeps who can't access the link

Official list of supported devices:
    Code:
    Supported Devices:

Google Nexus One (2.2)
    Google G1 (1.6)
    HTC Hero (2.1)
    HTC Magic (1.5) (Select Do not install Superuser)
    HTC Tattoo (1.6)
    Dell Streak (2.1)
    Motorola Milestone (2.1)
    Motorola XT701
    Motorola XT800 (2.1)
    Motorola ME511
    Motorola Charm
    Motorola Droid (2.01/2.1/2.2 with FRG01B)
    Sony Ericsson X10 (1.6)
    Sony Ericsson X10 Mini (1.6)
    Sony Ericsson X10 Mini Pro (1.6)
    Acer Liquid (2.1)
    Acer beTouch E400 (2.1)
    Samsung Galaxy Beam
    Samsung galaxy 5 (gt-i5500)
    Vibo A688 (1.6)
    Lenovo Lephone (1.6)
    LG GT540 (1.6)
    Gigabyte GSmart G1305

Not supported:

Google Nexus One (2.2 FRG33)
    Samsung i9000 / i6500U / i7500 / i5700
    Motorola ME600 / ME501 / MB300 / CLIQ XT
    Motorola 2.2 FRG22D
    Archos 5
    HuaWei U8220
    HTC Desire / Legend / Wildfire (soft root)
    HTC EVO 4G / Aria
    SonyEricsson X10i R2BA020
    myTouch Slide

Reported working (in this thread):

Code:
    Nexus One 2.2
    Milestone 2.1
    Hero (GSM/CDMA)
    Xperia X10 mini
    Xperia X10i
    G1 1.6
    Magic 32A 1.5
    Magic 32B 1.6
    Mytouch 3G (3.5mm)
    Mytouch 3G Slide (v1.6.1 seems to put the phone into reboot loop)
    LG Ally
    Droid X 2.1
    Moto Charm
    Moto Flipout
    Kyocera ZIO

All credits go to the developer!

Install and run it on your phone. If you have trouble downloading, try download with a computer.
    I'm a super user! Wow, that just made rooting so simple. Amazing.
    Once you use this app, you can install any custom rom. I used this app and now run CM6 final with the mean and green theme. Great app and great idea!:)
    thanks for the quick reply bro! :cool:
    Explanations required for a newbie

Hello all,

I am not only new to the world of Android, but also to the Unix/Linux world, having spent most of my professional life working on the DOS/Windows platform. A lot of what I read here seems to make sense, but only if you have a basic - if not intermediate - knowledge of the Linux techno-babble... which I don't.
    I'd like to gather enough information so I can publish a (hopefully) simple article for Windows users who want easy steps into rooting and using custom ROMs. Without having to learn what SU is, how to navigate through folders using archaic shell commands, and what not.

So... learning from my own experience so far...

I followed the steps to 1-click root my HTC Magic 32a. It apparently worked, with Universal Androot telling me my device is now rooted. I did it twice (after sorting through hundreds of posts to see if it could cause any damage, which it didn't), and I'm fairly confident I got that part done right.
    However, being ever-doubtful, I wanted a second opinion as to whether my device is actually rooted. So I downloaded the latest Android SDK, added the Android 1.5 platform (which is what currrently runs on my Magic) and followed what seemed to be the most widely accepted recommendations. (Of course, my device has the proper USB drivers, I can see the SD card just fine from Windows Explorer, so I assume the *physical* connection is taken care of).

Going to the API's /tools subfolder, I type
    adb devices
    to which i get the following reply
    HT95MNK03518 device
    which seems to confirm my device is correctly identified.

Then, I try the following:
    adb root
    but all I get as a reply is:
    adb cannot run as root in production builds
    and the program hangs there. I have to kill it through the task manager to regain control of the DOS command prompt

My ultimate goal is to install Froyo on my Magic. Since I'm already stuck after this admittedly simple procedure, I'm kind of weary of attempting to go beyond and burn a new image onto the phone.

So can anyone tell me why ADB won't grant me root access even though the phone is supposedly rooted?

And as for the next steps, given my very basic knowledge of this environment, is there any Installing-ROMS-On-HTC-Magic-For-Dummies user's guide out there?

Thanks, and sorry for being long-winded.
    Can confirm that it works on ZTE Blade/Orange San Francisco running Android 2.1/ERE27, though it loses root on reboot (even though the checkbox for "Root temporary (Unroot after reboot)" is left unchecked) so you have to run the app again. Not a big hassle, only takes 10 seconds.