460 posts
Thanks Meter: 342

By samuelhalff, Senior Member on 15th January 2011, 03:07 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
15th September 2016, 12:53 AM |#301  
Flag Kalamazoo
Thanks Meter: 87

More
Might want to check out the Nook HD thread this is the Nook Color thread.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using XDA Free mobile app

24th February 2018, 06:49 PM |#302  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I know this thread is long dead, and it's highly unlikely, but does anyone have the factory.zip or CWM installable zip of stock 1.0.0 or 1.0.1 of the Nook Color (the eclair versions)?

I want to scour it for apk files that will work on the Nook Simple Touch, specifically a settings.apk or settingsservices.apk to see if I can get text-to-speech enabled on the Nook Simple Touch with Ivona. After all the great development and root support of the Nook Simple Touch, they got usb sound to work.

If I can get Ivona to work with the NST, it would make it very easy for someone who wishes to learn a second language through immersion by listening to text to speech while you read the language. It would also be very helpful for seeing/hearing impaired people to be able to read and listen at the same time. It would also be useful for people who just want to speed read or increase the time it takes to read a book and increase comprehension with two sense gates taking in the book instead of just one.

Anyway, please let me know if you do have these files, and PM me or reply to this post. Thank you so much.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
bricked, nook color, reset, restore

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)