How to enable usb debugging mode when phone is bricked

9 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By Shahid Niazi, Junior Member on 10th June 2014, 10:04 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
10th May 2017, 02:50 PM |#31  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droidriven

Odin doesn't recognize a device that has usb debugging off. I've dealt with that enough to know. There are special cases where it can be flashed with USB debugging off depending on what got corrupted before flashing but in general Odin doesn't work without usb debugging being turned on.

The same is true for adb and other PC flashing softwares, it won't work without USB debugging turned on. Without it the PC can't connect to flash.

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

The amount of times I've wiped /system or other critical things and restored by flashing stock roms in odin seems to imply that either usb debugging has somehow always been on in every device of mine, regardless of state of device, or that it does not need to be turned on for flashing..
10th May 2017, 04:18 PM |#32  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobro

The amount of times I've wiped /system or other critical things and restored by flashing stock roms in odin seems to imply that either usb debugging has somehow always been on in every device of mine, regardless of state of device, or that it does not need to be turned on for flashing..

I stand corrected, in reading about it I see its not "supposed" be needed but I've seen many cases where the device couldn't be flashed due to USB debugging not being on. Strange, I guess it's just one of those things about android that makes you ask "how is that possible".

22nd May 2017, 01:19 PM |#33  
Quote:

I stand corrected, in reading about it I see its not "supposed" be needed but I've seen many cases where the device couldn't be flashed due to USB debugging not being on. Strange, I guess it's just one of those things about android that makes you ask "how is that possible".

It's the black magic man, the black magic gets to everything.
28th February 2018, 05:06 AM |#34  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi,please help me.when i open developer options always force close.how to fix it thx☺Sorry for my bad english
My device:SHV-E330S
1st March 2018, 08:39 PM |#35  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rama967

Hi,please help me.when i open developer options always force close.how to fix it thx☺Sorry for my bad english
My device:SHV-E330S

Have you modified something on your device recently? If so, what did you modify?

If you have TWRP, boot into TWRP then wipe cache and wipe dalvik cache.

If you have stock recovery, boot to recovery and wipe only the cache partition.
22nd March 2018, 02:11 PM |#36  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Can you wipe the cache and davik from the system partition manually? I have a kindle hdx (3rd gen) used an unlock script at the wrong step and now device won't turn on, but I can see all the individual files in the 7 partitions. ADB and Fastboot commands are non-responsive.
23rd March 2018, 02:08 AM |#37  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxxer1

Can you wipe the cache and davik from the system partition manually? I have a kindle hdx (3rd gen) used an unlock script at the wrong step and now device won't turn on, but I can see all the individual files in the 7 partitions. ADB and Fastboot commands are non-responsive.

Your options are:

Recovery
adb
fastboot

A USB or MTP connection only allows you to view files, you can only access and modify the user space, not system.

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk
23rd March 2018, 03:05 AM |#38  

More
Quote:

Your options are:

Recovery
adb
fastboot

A USB or MTP connection only allows you to view files, you can only access and modify the user space, not system.

I'm okay with any option as long as I can get my device back lol. I'm trying to communicate with the device using ADB and Fastboot commands, but no luck yet. I've downloaded Motorola Device Manager and attempted to use their drives, still nothing. I even tried using composite drives from both fire device and Motorola, nothing. If I uninstall the device, unplug it from my computer and plug it back in, PC refers to it as "QHSUSB_BULK." So it's still communicating something with my PC, but I can't find the right driver to receive a response.

If I plug the device into Linux, all of the files in the partitions are visible. Would I have better luck communicating with the device via Linux or does it not matter?

Any suggestions? I've through a few forums already on QHSUSB_BULK, but all of the solutions relate to other devices or older firmware. One OP mentioned flashing the device with something like QDLoader? But he commented the fix would not work if I was using 4.5.5.3.

Any help would be appreciated.
23rd March 2018, 03:12 AM |#39  
Quote:

I'm okay with any option as long as I can get my device back lol. I'm trying to communicate with the device using ADB and Fastboot commands, but no luck yet. I've downloaded Motorola Device Manager and attempted to use their drives, still nothing. I even tried using composite drives from both fire device and Motorola, nothing. If I uninstall the device, unplug it from my computer and plug it back in, PC refers to it as "QHSUSB_BULK." So it's still communicating something with my PC, but I can't find the right driver to receive a response.

If I plug the device into Linux, all of the files in the partitions are visible. Would I have better luck communicating with the device via Linux or does it not matter?

Any suggestions? I've through a few forums already on QHSUSB_BULK, but all of the solutions relate to other devices or older firmware. One OP mentioned flashing the device with something like QDLoader? But he commented the fix would not work if I was using 4.5.5.3.

Any help would be appreciated.

Have you seen this thread?

https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=2795602

23rd March 2018, 03:37 AM |#40  

More
Quote:

Have you seen this thread?

https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=2795602

I just read through it, it was ALOT to take in. Pretty incredible, high level stuff - above my head. From what a garnered, they were unable to unbrick. But someone had suggested using a Qualcomm utility of some sort to flash the appropriate ADB driver on their device, but I wasn't able to comprehend exactly what they were suggesting. Any ideas about Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 driver or where I can learn more about it?
24th March 2018, 05:15 AM |#41  
Quote:

I just read through it, it was ALOT to take in. Pretty incredible, high level stuff - above my head. From what a garnered, they were unable to unbrick. But someone had suggested using a Qualcomm utility of some sort to flash the appropriate ADB driver on their device, but I wasn't able to comprehend exactly what they were suggesting. Any ideas about Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 driver or where I can learn more about it?

They were probably talking about using the QPST or QFIL programs.

I'm not very familiar with the process but I know it is used on many different Qualcomm devices. The methods should work for you, the problem is finding the correct files to use, I don't know which files you need or how to go about finding it.

I suggest you research how to use QPST or QFIL and what kinds of files they require, get familiar with how it works, then try finding those types of files for your device based on your model number and the firmware you were running.

Have you seen this?

https://www.droidsavvy.com/unbrick-qualcomm-mobiles/

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)