Remove All Ads from XDA

[RUU][Firmware]Sprint HTC One M8 | 6.20.65x.3 | Stock Rooted ROMs | Updated 1.30.16

7,585 posts
Thanks Meter: 15,614
By OMJ, Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor on 24th April 2014, 02:45 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
11th January 2018, 09:57 PM |#3181  
Thanks Meter: 9
Originally Posted by OMJ

I'd have my latest rom zip on the phone ready to flash when you're done flashing firmware.

I have the bad boyz rom zip on my SD card, should I use a different rom?

Originally Posted by OMJ

u might be better off just flashing the latest RUU but you would have to start fresh as it wipes data & internal storage

I usually wipe that stuff when I reflash the bad boyz rom anyway, been needing to do it so often I've gotten used to running lite. But to ask the same question again, should I ditch the bad boyz rom for something else? Just run the basic sprint rom from the RUU?

I also noticed a big jump in older firmware available in this thread, from 4.x to 6.x, is that the natural course of things for the firmware on this phone?
16th January 2018, 11:24 PM |#3182  
Thanks Meter: 9
Well got all the firmware updated and that seemed to help it was deep sleeping again, but semi inconsistently (tested over a few days). I decided to run the RUU as per your suggestion (I d/l'd the zip and did the hboot method) but now my device has been unrooted and my recovery has been wiped. So now I need to figure out how to put twrp back on it and root it again.

Found the WinDroid Tool and got TWRP installed and gained root access again.
17th January 2018, 06:41 PM |#3183  
Thanks Meter: 0

I am looking for help to resolving the '(bootloader) shift signature size for header checking... failed (remote 32 header error)' that I am getting when trying to flash Android 4.4.2 ROM on Sprint HTC one M8 running Android 6.0. I am trying to downgrade this to 4.4.2 to perform some testing on a certain application for a certain client. I am using fastboot method to flash the rom via cmd.

File being used: (extracted the contained zip into fastboot folder on my pc)

The device is S-OFF, bootloader unlocked and rooted. Below are the other details of the device:
PS C:\android-sdk-windows\platform-tools> fastboot getvar all
< waiting for any device >
(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader:
(bootloader) version-baseband:
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main:
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-OFF
(bootloader) serialno: HT4CHSF02079
(bootloader) imei:
(bootloader) imei2: Not Support
(bootloader) meid:
(bootloader) product: m8_whl
(bootloader) platform: hTCBmsm8974
(bootloader) modelid: 0P6B70000
(bootloader) cidnum: 11111111
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 0mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: off
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: d4c3cae5
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0
all: Done!
finished. total time: 0.057s

I highly appreciate any help! TIA
17th January 2018, 07:45 PM |#3184  
Recognized Contributor / Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Xda-Dev,NV
Thanks Meter: 11,781
Donate to Me
Lock your bootloader.

Sent from ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
19th January 2018, 01:27 PM |#3185  
ruu for asian htc m8
hey guys, i have an htc m8 and
i cant find any ruu for it..the reason why i need to flash a newer ruu is because i am having problems with most of the custom roms. with lineage 15.1 i.e. "phone" is notnworking at all. with some older versins it working from time to time.. obviously this sucks.
so here is the info to my device.
Radio. 1.24.23131147A1.09G

can i flash another RUU or can anybody give an advice?
should i try the HTC ROM Update Utility (RUU), is that capable of finding the correct ruu?
19th January 2018, 09:53 PM |#3186  
I need a download link RUU_M8_WHL_L50_SENSE60_SPCS_MR_Sprint_WWE_Harman_4 .20.654.10_Radio_1.09.20.0119_NV_SPCS_1.52_003_rel ease_418492_signed_2.exe
20th January 2018, 09:57 AM |#3187  
here http://android-revolution-hd.blogspo...iants.html?m=1 it says, that i can basically use any ruu i want, as long as i got s-off.
is that true, wont i risk brick flashing another ruu?
could someone suggest an ruu i should try?
plss help me
26th January 2018, 01:07 AM |#3188  
Flag Atl
Thanks Meter: 57
I keep getting an error that the gapps process has unexpectedly stopped. I hit OK it just keeps popping up. Any suggestions on how to fix this

Sent from my 2PZC5 using XDA Free mobile app
28th February 2018, 09:37 PM |#3189  
Thanks Meter: 1
Originally Posted by ONYXis

links are expired please update them😀
2nd March 2018, 09:11 AM |#3190  
I got an htc one m8 with 4.4.4 installed and there is no update option given in the settings menu. I heard its a custom rom. I want to return my device to stock android 4.4.4. My current software number says "Sprint_M8_X.rom_2.0.5" can someone help me with this issue?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Previous Thread Next Thread