FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

LG E900 Memory card not working problem solution

1 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By skaiwalkaer, Junior Member on 2nd October 2013, 06:47 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hey guys,

I have found a solution to solve the hardware problem with the LG E900 Optimus 7,
showing the message 'Memory card not working' Your memory card has changed, is damaged or is non-compatible.
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010860-768x1024.jpg
Views:	2558
Size:	150.7 KB
ID:	2297651
Flashing a new firmware or restoring images with zune does not solve the problem!

This message, if shown on a LG E900, implicates a hardware error with the NAND flash memory,
a Toshiba THGBM2G7D4FBAI9.
The memory chip is soldered to the top layer of the 2-layer mainboard, together with the led, sim card holding, head phone jack...
You can see it in the middle of this pic: Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010903-768x1024.jpg
Views:	4400
Size:	146.5 KB
ID:	2297653
The hadware error is probably issued by broken solder joints, in turn probably issued by changes in temperature and/or physical exposure.

Following solution worked for me: (tried with one phone one month ago)

I heated the Toshiba memory chip with a heat tool with around 200 degrees Celsius (400 degrees Fahrenheit) for around ten minutes,
this is a technique sometimes used to repair broken graphic cards, please search google for this if you think there's something fishy going on here.

Name:	PIC_0156-1024x768.jpg
Views:	3814
Size:	202.3 KB
ID:	2297632Click image for larger version

Name:	PIC_0159-e1380735206597.jpg
Views:	3432
Size:	237.8 KB
ID:	2297654
I used a 340 degree heat tool, with a 2cm distance first until I saw some solder balls, 'dripping' out, I increased the distance to 5cm.

After reasembling the phone works and does still work without problems.
Although this worked for me, it does not mean that it will work for you too.

Please try and comment, if it worked for you!!
Heating the memory chip should solve the problem not only temporary, if you get the same message some time afterwards, try again with more degrees (max 300) and/or a longer period (max 30min)

If you do not have the ability to heat the memory chip with a heat tool, you may trie to bake the whole mainboard layer. A problem could be a smelting head phone jack.

More information, pics at the www: manuga.bplaced.de

(i'm a new user and not allowed to post outside links)

If you find some language, logic or explanation mistakes in here, please tell me!
I hope that I find time to provide more information on the website mentioned above, I currently do not have much time to provide detailed phone dissasemble, assemble information, please search youtube for such vids.

Feel free to ask any questions in this thread or on my website.
The Following User Says Thank You to skaiwalkaer For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift skaiwalkaer Ad-Free

15th December 2013, 11:28 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hope it works.
Going to try this out today, will let you know the results later...
5th January 2014, 04:06 PM |#3  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yehuda92

Going to try this out today, will let you know the results later...

Dear Guys,

I tried it (with Dremel Versatip tool with appropiate distance) and now phone even doesn`t react for on/off button. Nothing happens after switch on the charger.
Before "my fix" after charger on it shows "memory card error".

I assembled it couple of times in order to check if everything is on its place.
So now phone is completelly dead (in final nothings happen .
Any ideas?

rgds,
G.
8th January 2014, 06:30 AM |#4  

More
Same problem...
Also gave this a shot, managed to get the solder to 'drip' out but straight after the chip itself actually caught on fire... perhaps a little too much heat? =P

Now can't boot past the LG logo with the top board attached. Strangely it boots up perfectly if I disconnect the top board, however this is somewhat useless since the digitizer and SIM are both located on this board. Perhaps a lost cause...
10th January 2014, 11:01 AM |#5  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeavitch94

Also gave this a shot, managed to get the solder to 'drip' out but straight after the chip itself actually caught on fire... perhaps a little too much heat? =P

Now can't boot past the LG logo with the top board attached. Strangely it boots up perfectly if I disconnect the top board, however this is somewhat useless since the digitizer and SIM are both located on this board. Perhaps a lost cause...

I had almost the same issue (I did not catch a fire on memory chip). After disconnecting top board phone boots, but because of unworking screen I can not proceed with anything.
After switching on the top board, phone does not want to start at all, not even giving me a LG logo on screen. No reaction on on/off button.
Have no more ideas what to do...?

rgds
G.
18th June 2014, 09:41 AM |#6  

More
Thumbs up no boot only LG logo! Solved
I had a similar problem , my phone was frozen at LG start screen , i removed the memory board , i put it in the oven for 10 mins at 180 °C, put it back all together , and it worked!!!! i could save all my pics and video !!

THANKS a lot!!!

*pic in attachment
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2014-06-18 09.48.37.jpg
Views:	1094
Size:	255.3 KB
ID:	2804930  
4th December 2014, 01:59 PM |#7  

More
Thumbs up
tanks so much, its worked for me, i have heat the memory chip with a heat tool for few minutes and ok.
26th February 2015, 02:57 PM |#8  

More
I also attempted this repair. Removed the top part of the main board, insulated a few parts like the headphone jack with blu-tack, flooded board in flux, (even though none of it went under the chip...) Then I put the board in oven until infrared thermometer showed 240 degrees celcius on the chip and opened the oven door. After waiting for the board to cool down, cleaned with isopropyl alcohol, reassembled. Works, for the time being.. Thanks for info and ideas guys.
17th August 2015, 01:05 PM |#9  

More
I put it in the oven for 5 mins at 180 °C, it worked and I can recover all of my pictures. Thanks!
7th March 2018, 08:27 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
It worked! Thanks guys for help

Put it in at 180°C for 10 minutes.

All best.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)