[APP][7.0+] Rootless Pixel 2 Launcher with Google Now page working

Search This thread

demon2112

Jul 30, 2009
ijmuiden
Im not sure what you find so funny, but im trying to tell you at a glance doesnt work on ANY rom for my A5.
6.0.1, 7.1.1, 7.1.2, 8.0 AND 8.1.
Not just this launcher but in all the other pixel launchers as well.
Thats why i said it could be samsung thing.

If you look back a few pages of this thread, you will see others have reported the same, not just me.

What do i know? I have half a dozen devices here and at a glance works fine on all of them apart from this A5 (SM A500FU)

Edit

I just called one of my sons (he has a Samsung J5 and his girlfriend has a Samsung J3 both running stock 7.0)
I asked them to install this launcher.
At a glance doesnt work on either phone.
Is that funny :eek:
its funny that u taking it so serious and are focussing on my " haha "

wel i hope the dev wil/can look in to it
would be nice to havr ot fully working, i find it very helpfull to have it :)

tadho

Mar 30, 2017
Nope!! Nope, nope nope I'm outta here!!!
Can you please tell me why people here seem to be disgusted whenever there's someone asked about custom icon? I don't feel like scrolling through the whole thread, and the information related to the custom icon is not available on page 1 either. :confused:

Sent from my SM-G9550 using XDA Labs

Reactions: arventaria

cilsoe

Can you please tell me why people here seem to be disgusted whenever there's someone asked about custom icon? I don't feel like scrolling through the whole thread, and the information related to the custom icon is not available on page 1 either. :confused:

Sent from my SM-G9550 using XDA Labs

Well then you're just plain lazy. There is even a search function.

Come on...

bubba1601

Aug 23, 2016
Nokia G10/G20

Why are people disgusted with custom icon requests?

Reading that you "dont feel like scrolling through the whole thread"
Thats just plain lazy.
That question is asked and answered several times on every single page of this thread.
The dev has said more than once he wont add them.
Regular users have said its not happening, but the message just doesnt get through, your comment is proof.
You dont need to scroll through the thread.
Xda has a perfectly good search function that people like you seem recluctant to use.
If you had used the search function, you wouldnt annoy everyone or say something thats going to make everyone angry at you, especially when you are publically admitting to breaking XDA rules (to search and read before posting)......:eek:

Last edited:

bubba1601

Aug 23, 2016
Nokia G10/G20
not enterily true...the launcher works fine om custom sammie roms ;)

Yes, the launcher works fine on any samsung custom rom for my A5, but the at a glance doesnt.

At a glance is controlled by the google app, not the launcher but lots of people are reporting at a glance not working.

Im sorry if my report of at a glance not working on any samsung custom rom for the A5 2015 (SM A500FU) cause any ill feeling or offence.
It was simply an honest report from one device, not a complaint about the launcher.
At a glance doesnt work on any of the pixel or pixel based launchers, on the stock 6.0.1 rom all the way up and including android 8.1.
Proves my theory its a device issue, nothing to do with the google app or this launcher.

At a glance is working on five other devices from android 5.1 to 8.1 with no issues at all.

demon2112

Jul 30, 2009
ijmuiden
Yes, the launcher works fine on any samsung custom rom for my A5, but the at a glance doesnt.

At a glance is controlled by the google app, not the launcher but lots of people are reporting at a glance not working.

Im sorry if my report of at a glance not working on any samsung custom rom for the A5 2015 (SM A500FU) cause any ill feeling or offence.
It was simply an honest report from one device, not a complaint about the launcher.
At a glance doesnt work on any of the pixel or pixel based launchers, on the stock 6.0.1 rom all the way up and including android 8.1.
Proves my theory its a device issue, nothing to do with the google app or this launcher.

At a glance is working on five other devices from android 5.1 to 8.1 with no issues at all.
ok...the wierd thing is..on my s7 edge with RR 5.8.5 nougat...and this launcher....all updated even google app.....at a glance wil work. thats the wierd part.
im now on RR 6.0.0 Oreo and at a glance isnt working, evennwith all the settings put in correct

bubba1601

Aug 23, 2016
Nokia G10/G20
ok...the wierd thing is..on my s7 edge with RR 5.8.5 nougat...and this launcher....all updated even google app.....at a glance wil work. thats the wierd part.
im now on RR 6.0.0 Oreo and at a glance isnt working, evennwith all the settings put in correct

Ive got a nokia 6 on 8.1, at a glance works fine, as it does also on a HTC One M9 running LOS 15.1 (android 8.1)

bubba1601

Aug 23, 2016
Nokia G10/G20
Glance needs permissions, check those are set correctly

They are set correctly, if you didn't notice I explained glance is working on five other devices I have at home (belonging to wife and kids) but just doesn't work on one Samsung, and not working on any other of the pixel launchers, not just this one.

Just one of those silly maddening little things I can't work out or change, stumped as to why.

Stampyron

Dec 24, 2017

Well I'm running RR 6 O on my mido and the glance works perfectly fine!:silly:

---------- Post added at 01:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:04 PM ----------

Ive got a nokia 6 on 8.1, at a glance works fine, as it does also on a HTC One M9 running LOS 15.1 (android 8.1)

Is HTC's stock ROM similar to stock like OOS or not as modified as Samsung? Because Samsung's stock ROM although it's based on Android it's really modified and bloated. I know Nokia's stock ROM is quite stock, similar to OOS, so maybe Samsung modified something that made the at a glance in the launcher to not work

bubba1601

Aug 23, 2016
Nokia G10/G20
Silly me I thought your HTC was running stock ROM. If it's running LOS the launcher should work perfectly

Yes it runs the launcher with no issues at all.
Infact I've never had an issue with the launcher, just the poxy A5 not showing the at a glance, everything else works flawlessly.

Edit

I just downloaded the P pixel launcher on the A5, which I'm now running lineage 15.1 (Android 8.1)

The at a glance doesn't work.

Hahahaha :silly:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The Rootless Pixel 2 launcher for Android 7.0 - 8.1
    The Pixel 2 Launcher was released not long ago. But some features only work when installed as a system app so I decided to make this.

Features
    - Based on Pixel Launcher P-4623511
    - Enable google now and weather without installing as a system app
    - Fix blue folders on Xperia devices
    - Change accent color to Pixel blue
    - Add circle icon shape for Nexus on stock O
    - Force circle icons option
    - Force colored Google logo option
    - Dark theme
    - Dark text theme
    - Fixed settings buttons visible in app drawer

Here's a little video of it in action.

Install
    How to install? Simple. Just download the apk and open it. And don't forget to uninstall you old Pixel Launcher first (if you already have one).
    This is only tested on 7.1.1. If this is working on other Android versions please report back.

Download
    - View attachment 4496135 (Based on P DP2 launcher, no modded features yet)
    - Pixel 2 Launcher modded v5.3 from GitHub or Telegram (based on P-4623511, for Android 7.0+)
    - View attachment 4416379 (based on 8.1.0-4429924, for Android 5.0+)

Changelog
    Code:
    v5.3 build 22 (29/4/2018)
    - Added an another variant with changed package name for Pixel users
    - Fix crash when launching some apps
    v5.3 build 17 (25/4/2018)
    - Align all apps search bar by rounding translationY to the nearest pixel
    - Fix shortcuts disappearing in “at a glance” area
    v5.3 build 16 (24/4/2018)
    - Fix microphone button opacity in new search bar style
    v5.3 build 15 (24/4/2018)
    - Add option to use auto-theming on 8.1
    v5.3.0 (31/3/2018)
    - Added notification swipe down gesture
    - Removed Moto 5x4 fixed grid
    v5.2.0 (30/3/2018)
    - New dock style
    v5.1.1 (28/3/2018)
    - Fixed MM crash
    v5.1 (26/3/2018)
    - Added force round icon
    v5.0 (15/3/2018)
    - Based on Pixel launcher P-4623511
    - Fixed settings buttons visible in all apps
    - Almost all features from v4.0.3
    v4.0.3 (11/2/2018):
    - Fixed crash when dragging shortcuts and when entering settings
    - Disable Samsung immersive when at home screen
    v4.0.2 (5/2/2018):
    - Fixed MM crash from QSB
    v4.0.1 (4/2/2018):
    - Based on Pixel Launcher 8.1.0-4429924
    - All previous modded features from v3.2.1
    - Optimized some backported codes
    v3.2.1 (3/2/2018):
    - Fixed crash when entering hide apps setting
    - Fixed top row disappearing if 'At A Glance' is disabled
    v3.2 (27/1/2018):
    - Added option to hide apps from drawer
    v3.1 (11/26/2017):
    - Added option to remove white gradient under dock
    - Should fix popup arrow on small screen
    v3.0.1 (10/26/2017):
    - Fix crash on MM
    v3.0 (10/26/2017):
    - Based on Pixel Launcher 8.1.0-4348501
    - Automatic dark theme (for Android 8.1)
    - All previous modded features
    v2.0 (10/21/2017):
     - Add option to force colored Google logo
     - Add option to enable dark text
     - Add option to disable 'At A Glance'
    v1.8 (10/20/2017):
     - Add option to force round icons
    v1.7 (10/18/2017):
     - Fix settings crash on Lollipop
     - Fix grid size on Moto devices
     - Revert "Force colored Google logo on any wallpaper"
    v1.6 (10/18/2017):
     - Improve notifications pulldown
     - Added an option to enable the included dark theme
     - Added a shortcut to enable notification access
     - Hide Google Now Launcher from app drawer
    v1.5 (10/15/2017):
     - Add bottom margin for devices without navigation bar
    v1.4 (10/15/2017):
     - Add support for Android 5.0
     - Force colored Google logo on any wallpaper
    v1.3 (10/15/2017):
     - Fix weird crash on Galaxy S8
     - Add round search bar in app drawer
    v1.2 (10/14/2017):
     - Add support for Android 7.0
     - Add circle shape to icon shape selector (for Android O)
     - Show icon shape selector without having to enable developer options (for Android O)
    v1.1 (10/14/2017):
     - Change accent color to Pixel blue
     - Add pull down to open notifications drawer

Known bugs
    - Date not showing on L and M
    - Grey Google logo is not a bug
    - White gradient is not a bug

FAQ
    Q: Notification badges is not working
    A: Read the instructions here. Only working on 8.0 and above for now.

Q: It's crashing for me
    A: Attach a logcat when reporting issues or it will be ignored.

Q: Weather/At A Glance not working
    A: Make sure your Google app is the latest version and installed as a system app then try this.

Q: My icons are not rounded
    A: It's up to your ROM to decide which one is used.

Q: It says "App not installed" when I try to change my wallpaper.
    A: Install Google's Wallpapers app from Play Store.

Q: Does this launcher support icon packs?
    A: No. Neither this nor the original Pixel Launcher support icon packs. But if you're rooted, you can use Pixel Launcher Mods to change icons or apply an icon pack.

Q: I got an error saying "App not installed" when I try to install this launcher
    A: This launcher has the same package name as Pixel Launcher. You need to uninstall other versions of Pixel Launcher first. If it is a system app, use the Magisk module to install this launcher. A variant of this mod with a new package name is now available.

Q: I got an error saying "There was a problem parsing the package" when I try to install
    A: Starting from version 5 (based on P Pixel Launcher), this launcher only supports Android 7 and above.

Q: The launcher crashes when launching some apps.
    A: This is probably a bug in a WIP feature in the launcher. A workaround is to change icon shape in launcher settings.

Telegram discussion group: MPixelLauncher2
    If you like my works, you can donate to me here.
    Enjoy.

Please press thanks if you like this. [emoji4]
    v3.1 is now here with the ability to remove white gradient under dock. Enjoy.
    nPkSta3.jpg
    Version 3.2 is now released with an option to hide apps from drawer.

Note: This version requires you to remove the old version to upgrade. I accidentally wiped my laptop that had the signing key.

Changelog
    Code:
    v3.2 (27/1/2018):
    - Added option to hide apps from drawer
    v3.0 is released with improvements from Pixel Launcher 8.1.0-4348501 and all modded features. Enjoy.
    Code:
    v3.0 (10/26/2017):
    - Based on Pixel Launcher 8.1.0-4348501
    - Automatic dark theme (for Android 8.1)
    - All previous modded features