77 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,269

By TeamBlackOut, Member on 18th May 2013, 03:17 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
9th March 2018, 10:06 PM |#22481  
Thanks Meter: 432

Donate to Me
More
Hello everyone. It's been a while since you got a whatsapp update. This is due to some difficulties we had to cope with. Due to oreo changes we have lost zips, so only signed apks remain. This means that you need root and an app like Titanium backup to restore data after installation (signed apks cannot pass authentication).
I'm sorry, but that's the situation. For those without root there's substratum, both DJ's Sprite and Davey's Domination are the best you can wish for, so we're not without alternatives.
An update is coming soon

Sent from my A0001 using XDA-Developers Legacy app
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to ezellohar For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ezellohar Ad-Free

9th March 2018, 11:22 PM |#22482  
Thanks Meter: 49

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezellohar

Hello everyone. It's been a while since you got a whatsapp update. This is due to some difficulties we had to cope with. Due to oreo changes we have lost zips, so only signed apks remain. This means that you need root and an app like Titanium backup to restore data after installation (signed apks cannot pass authentication).
I'm sorry, but that's the situation. For those without root there's substratum, both DJ's Sprite and Davey's Domination are the best you can wish for, so we're not without alternatives.
An update is coming soon

Bug send location wallpaper does not come out black, so you do not see white text of the locations.
Thanks for update.

EDIT:

Enviado desde mi ZP951 mediante Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to danyldft For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift danyldft Ad-Free
10th March 2018, 06:38 AM |#22483  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by danyldft

Bug send location wallpaper does not come out black, so you do not see white text of the locations.
Thanks for update.

EDIT:

Thank you sir, that's something I didn't notice. Gonna fix it asap

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ezellohar For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ezellohar Ad-Free
10th March 2018, 09:02 AM |#22484  

More
I have seen another bug.
Contacts screen.

10th March 2018, 02:43 PM |#22485  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by danyldft

I have seen another bug.
Contacts screen.

I cannot replicate this one, how do you get to that screen and on what android version are you?

The Following User Says Thank You to ezellohar For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ezellohar Ad-Free
10th March 2018, 02:45 PM |#22486  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezellohar

I cannot replicate this one, how do you get to that screen and on what android version are you?

Contacts screen, side bar of contacts drag down.
My version of Android is 5.1

10th March 2018, 04:30 PM |#22487  
Thanks Meter: 69

More
i have installed BlackWhatsapp, but it's clear. i see my background in all menus and top screen.
10th March 2018, 06:33 PM |#22488  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rennert

i have installed BlackWhatsapp, but it's clear. i see my background in all menus and top screen.

MeeToo.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mendoo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mendoo Ad-Free
10th March 2018, 07:17 PM |#22489  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 4,547

More
Nothing commercial so this link abides to xda terms - please sign this petition against Boogle blocking overlays in Android P:

https://www.change.org/p/adam-lesink...term=triggered
The Following User Says Thank You to [] AL [] For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift [] AL [] Ad-Free
10th March 2018, 07:34 PM |#22490  
Recognized Themer
Flag Tampa, Florida
Thanks Meter: 3,280

Donate to Me
More
I like my custom themes and apps better than Substratum anyhow, but I agree that it's effed up that Google would deny those that don't want to root their phone the ability to install these types of rootless themes. I figured Google would be happy not having rooted devices which would mean more money made through the Play Store other than going to guys like TBO or me for a custom theme or custom apps. Sounds kinda counterproductive to me. Then again, Google does stupid things from time to time.

Sent from my SM-N920P using AnaKonda Tapatalk
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to porkyhontas For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift porkyhontas Ad-Free
11th March 2018, 05:46 PM |#22491  
Flag somewhere in the mountains of north carolina
Thanks Meter: 326

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by porkyhontas

I like my custom themes and apps better than Substratum anyhow, but I agree that it's effed up that Google would deny those that don't want to root their phone the ability to install these types of rootless themes. I figured Google would be happy not having rooted devices which would mean more money made through the Play Store other than going to guys like TBO or me for a custom theme or custom apps. Sounds kinda counterproductive to me. Then again, Google does stupid things from time to time.

Sent from my SM-N920P using AnaKonda Tapatalk

It's not just unrooted users that are affected. They're blocking all OMS overlays. It hits the unrooted users harder though, as they paid for Andromeda to be able to apply themes without needing root. But I might posit that it hurts more for the people who have been enjoying RRO Layers since the beginning.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)