rPlay for iOS - a ChromeCast receiver submitted to Apple Store

925 posts
Thanks Meter: 482

By huisinro, Senior Member on 30th August 2013, 05:13 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
18th September 2013, 12:54 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Does the windows app support airplay mirroring to an apple tv?

Or have i completely misunderstood it.

18th September 2013, 04:32 PM |#22  
OP Senior Member
Flag Silicon Valley, California

More
No, this is the server component, so rPlay acts as a AirPlay receiver, you can mirror iOS devices to rPlay (Windows/Android/Raspberry Pi) versions. The iOS version is only for chromecasting, as Apple won't approve airplay receivers in app store.

We are working on senders, not available yet, that will mirror Desktop and Android to Apple TV or rPlay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbitjack

Does the windows app support airplay mirroring to an apple tv?

Or have i completely misunderstood it.

18th September 2013, 09:06 PM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by huisinro

No, this is the server component, so rPlay acts as a AirPlay receiver, you can mirror iOS devices to rPlay (Windows/Android/Raspberry Pi) versions. The iOS version is only for chromecasting, as Apple won't approve airplay receivers in app store.

We are working on senders, not available yet, that will mirror Desktop and Android to Apple TV or rPlay.

not 100% sure what is being asked here ""rPlay acts as a AirPlay receiver"" not chromecast receiver????

but as windows is mentioned , the question is will chrome tabs from a PC be able to cast to rplay
and from my experience the answer is no as it gives a black screen and crashes
( so at the moment I am confined to devices like my phone for casting in native apps and as Netflix/youtube already does this as an ios app then the only benefit of rplay is google movies and google music)

is there any plan to add chrome tabs from pc/desktop to rplay on ipad2 I think that is what is being asked about most

Thanks
19th September 2013, 12:08 AM |#24  
OP Senior Member
Flag Silicon Valley, California

More
Chrome tab mirroring is supported in Windows and Android version of rPlay. On iOS, it's not supported due to the lack of some features in Safari browser. We are investigating on this, it's well possible to support tab mirroring on iOS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubble2

not 100% sure what is being asked here ""rPlay acts as a AirPlay receiver"" not chromecast receiver????

but as windows is mentioned , the question is will chrome tabs from a PC be able to cast to rplay
and from my experience the answer is no as it gives a black screen and crashes
( so at the moment I am confined to devices like my phone for casting in native apps and as Netflix/youtube already does this as an ios app then the only benefit of rplay is google movies and google music)

is there any plan to add chrome tabs from pc/desktop to rplay on ipad2 I think that is what is being asked about most

Thanks

19th September 2013, 09:15 PM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by huisinro

Chrome tab mirroring is supported in Windows and Android version of rPlay. On iOS, it's not supported due to the lack of some features in Safari browser. We are investigating on this, it's well possible to support tab mirroring on iOS.

understood thank you

is there a release date for the android/windows version

and would the android version be GOOGLETV compatible as this would work great
6th February 2015, 08:28 PM |#26  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 2,641

Donate to Me
More
Can someone post the ipa file because its been deleted from the apple store.
The Following User Says Thank You to Thecrazyskull For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th February 2015, 04:03 AM |#27  
Cloud Search Apple store in other countries.
Hi, I just tried to download rPlay but it is only available in the US store, could you provide an ipa or Xcodeproj to install on my device or upload to appcake or another 3rd party app store, even cydia.

Thanks
11th March 2018, 02:38 PM |#28  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Any updated for ios 11?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
chromcast, ios, music & video streaming, rplay, vmlite

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)