[KERNEL] Pixel 2 ElementalX

Search This thread

bik2101

Feb 14, 2011
I have the ex kernel app and it notified me there's an update.. can I install through the app if I don't have twrp flashed on my phone? ( I always temp boot twrp)

Reactions: BS86

rootuser11

Dec 12, 2011
@flar2 do you think we can have gamma control at one point? The color control options we have right now do not adjust gamma level. Pixel 2 has black crushing issues that primarily comes from bad gamma settings.

Reactions: Scarchunk

schlumpfschlaubi

Jan 15, 2010
can someone check plz otg usb drives with ntfs?
with march update and kernel 1.05 i can only get fat32 formated usb drives to work

thx

G

GuestK00293

@flar2 Thank you for the custom kernel. I would like to use it with Android P and root using Magisk. Since TWRP fails to decrypt on Android P, I am unable to install Magisk.
I could make a patched elemental kernel in Magisk and install but I need the boot image. Could you guide me with the steps to get a boot image from the elemental zip?

joetheshmo

Oct 28, 2015
Santa Cruz, CA
@flar2 Thank you for the custom kernel. I would like to use it with Android P and root using Magisk. Since TWRP fails to decrypt on Android P, I am unable to install Magisk.
I could make a patched elemental kernel in Magisk and install but I need the boot image. Could you guide me with the steps to get a boot image from the elemental zip?
Just sideload magisk or adb push to /tmp/ and flash from there

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: quietsche
G

GuestK00293

Just sideload magisk or adb push to /tmp/ and flash from there

I tried pushing it to /tmp and flashing Magisk. Installing any module in Magisk fails. I am not sure if it is failing due to Magisk manager issues or Magisk did not install correctly due to TWRP decrypt issues.

joetheshmo

Oct 28, 2015
Santa Cruz, CA
I tried pushing it to /tmp and flashing Magisk. Installing any module in Magisk fails. I am not sure if it is failing due to Magisk manager issues or Magisk did not install correctly due to TWRP decrypt issues.
It was a known issue with magisk 16.1
Are you using 16.2 and still having trouble with modules on P?

#hash

Jul 12, 2016
Yangon
Google Pixel 4a
@flar2

I just want to confirm about about CPU temperature things.
I am on P DP1 with your ElementalX kernal. Also I have your EX Kernel Manager. But I found out that the setting about msm_thermal, core_control and vdd_restriction were disabled in your kernel. Is there any harm about that? Should I leave untouched or can I configure it? I was worrying about the thermal. :D

More importantly, thanks for the great kernel and also the app is nice.

:good:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180320-221219.png
    Screenshot_20180320-221219.png
    115.8 KB · Views: 164

Top Liked Posts