FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

COMPILE From Source For Any Phone On Linux Distros [BUILD ENVIRONMENT TO COMPILE]

1,275 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,837

Post Reply Email Thread
14th March 2018, 01:59 PM |#1151  
Flag Porto
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi,

I understand this guide is for compiling from any CyanogenMod and CyanogenMod source-based source for any phone. I have two questions:
  1. What steps would need to change (or to be added) if we were compiling from the master branch of the AOSP instead? I can't seem to find a tutorial of how to do it. I am not being able to connect the dots from different sources (being in a bit of an hurry doesn't help it...).
  2. I want to build a custom ROM to a device and need to know what I need to ask the vendors for. I understand I might need to create modules and devices for the HAL (and something else? answers to question 1 might help on this) because it is not an officially supported device. What do I need to ask the vendor for and in which format? Do providers usually make drivers available in the format Google does?

I have already spent a lot of time looking for answers here, at the official AOSP page and all over the web, reading and watching videos. There's always something I don't understand. This guide seems to be a very nice starting point. I would be very thankful if someone could help me on this one! I am a software engineer, don't worry about some technical stuff. I just do not have any experience, yet, with embedded systems.

Thanks!

26th June 2018, 04:54 PM |#1152  

More
getting the proprietary blobs
can we get the proprietary blobs without extraction from the device?
if yes, could you please explain how....
29th June 2018, 11:33 PM |#1153  
Thanks Meter: 3,955

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nix0datta

can we get the proprietary blobs without extraction from the device?
if yes, could you please explain how....

Just search proprietary_vendor_lg/samsung/motorola or any other phone on google or best known themuppets on guthub.
If you have any custom roms for your device, you can also look into the devs github, there you should also find the vendor.

Sent from my athene using XDA Labs
2nd July 2018, 05:48 PM |#1154  

More
Thank you for your help,😃😃
1st August 2018, 05:37 AM |#1155  
Thanks Meter: 350

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurofighter_ty

ninja: error: '/home/maxh/CM14/out/target/common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/telephony-ext_intermediates/classes.dex.toc', needed by '/home/maxh/CM14/out/target/common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/telephony-common_intermediates/with-local/classes.dex', missing and no known rule to make it

What can I do about this ?

Did you find the fix?? I'm facing the same issue

ninja: error: '/home/buns/Slim7/out/target/common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/telephony-ext_intermediates/classes.dex.toc', needed by '/home/buns/Slim7/out/target/common/obj/APPS/Settings_intermediates/with-local/classes.dex', missing and no known rule to make it

---------- Post added at 04:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:35 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunnyy

ninja: error: '/home/buns/Slim7/out/target/common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/telephony-ext_intermediates/classes.dex.toc', needed by '/home/buns/Slim7/out/target/common/obj/APPS/Settings_intermediates/with-local/classes.dex', missing and no known rule to make it

Please Help Anyone.....
1st August 2018, 06:54 AM |#1156  
Thanks Meter: 350

Donate to Me
More
COMPILE From Source For Any Phone On Linux Distros [BUILD ENVIRONMENT TO COMPILE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bunnyy

---------- Post added at 04:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:35 AM ----------

Please Help Anyone.....

I fixed it anyways thank you
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
*abhi boomed here*, compile android from source, easy, ubuntu 12.10

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)