Vernee Mix 2

Search This thread

xdadevr

Apr 29, 2014
Hi all, I am sure some of you have read some news/article about Vernee Mix 2. Currently offered at $169 at Gearbest is really an attractive offering: https://www.gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_906061.html?wid=11&eo=oW2S2pV9VFvgw47f

However, other than Xiaomi I am really concerned about software updates that Chinese mobile phone manufacturer will provide. I have been a Xiaomi user for few users (since MIUI 5) and is very happy with the way their support their ROM.

On paper Vernee Mix 2 looks really good .. and is a lot of phone for that price. I am sure that the hardware wouldn't bad ... but I am really not sure about the software.

Those who have experience in using other Vernee products, please share your experiences. Thanks.

Brighi26

Feb 3, 2018
Hi, am I the only one who has battery problems since December's update? My battery is draining really quick although I barely use the phone.
For instance, I lost 15% in 6-7 hours without using the phone at all.
So is anyone else has the same problem? Any fix? Should I downgrade? Is that possible?

There is any news about the next update?

oroqi

Mar 22, 2012
Hi, am I the only one who has battery problems since December's update? My battery is draining really quick although I barely use the phone.
For instance, I lost 15% in 6-7 hours without using the phone at all.
So is anyone else has the same problem? Any fix? Should I downgrade? Is that possible?

There is any news about the next update?

I had the same problem .My battery drained ~50% screen off same as it drain with ~50% screen on but after i manually updated the phone now it drain ~30% screen off ~70%screen on . my daily usage ~22h with 85% usage battery.

My Build number is MIX_2_20171215

verneenewb

Feb 8, 2018
Guys , i have managed to root my vernee mix 2, the only reason i did it is because patch to android in Lucky patcher, but when i try to patch it, phone reboots itself every time. Anyone can help? And SuperSU is continuously asking to update binaires even if i updated them and restarted ...

Edit: update binaries unsuccessful...

hey man can you please upload the modem file? I can't find it on the web for the helio p25 processor. It should be in the /system/etc/mddb folder and start with either "BLPG" or "MDDB" and it should end with "ltg_n". I can't access it because I haven't rooted the phone. I and many others would really apprciate the effort.

verneenewb

Feb 8, 2018
hey man can you please upload the modem file? I can't find it on the web for the helio p25 processor. It should be in the /system/etc/mddb folder and start with either "BLPG" or "MDDB" and it should end with "ltg_n". I can't access it because I haven't rooted the phone. I and many others would really apprciate the effort.

nevermind I have extracted it from the stock firmware. the location and file name was a bit different though. I'm attaching it for anyone else that might need it; https://ufile.io/rxfun it is for MT6757CD/helio p25 processor.

Aems

Feb 20, 2018
Just received my 6GB Vernee Mix 2. Its amazing, but not without its flaws.

Pros: lightning fast, beautiful phone, beautiful screen, amazing battery life, super quick charge.

Cons:
Keyboard is TouchPal, which registers as Malware. It can be disabled and permissions revoked but not able to delete.
Camera is not great. Good in daylight, terrible in dark.
Split screen cannot be disabled. This is driving me mad and anyone that has a fix or work around please tell me. I want that feature completely disabled.

Apart from that, for the price, I'm blown away by how good this phone is. I've had no issues with connectivity, its much faster than my wife's Samsung both on 4G and on WiFi and picks up wifi from much further away than hers. Bluetooth works great and the whole thing was a fantastic purchase.

Reactions: zogu

Nathan971

Sep 30, 2017
Please excuse me Zogu but how did you manage the google camera to work? I've installed the apk you've linked but it always gives me an error message. I knew that Google Camera doesn't work on mediatek chipset. Thanks

Last edited:

zogu

May 5, 2011
Belgrade
Xiaomi Poco F3
Please excuse me Zogu but how did you manage the google camera to work? I've installed the apk you've linked but it always gives me an error message. I knew that Google Camera doesn't work on mediatek chipset. Thanks
I installed as system app. Also copied from gapps all libraries and config for both versions (in gapps you have 2. google cameras).

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using XDA Labs

Reactions: Nathan971

Nathan971

Sep 30, 2017
Ok, thanks guys. Later I'll try to install it as system app.
Redspecs, your app works for me but I think that it's a too old version without the optimizations that made google camera one of the best in his category.

Nathan971

Sep 30, 2017
Ok. Zogu I need your help, please. I've rooted my phone and installed twrp and magisk. Then, with Link2sd, I've installed Google camera as system app, cleared data and cache and rebooted.
But camera doesn't start, I think I need the right gapps libraries, am I doing wrong something else? Thanks

zogu

May 5, 2011
Belgrade
Xiaomi Poco F3
Ok. Zogu I need your help, please. I've rooted my phone and installed twrp and magisk. Then, with Link2sd, I've installed Google camera as system app, cleared data and cache and rebooted.
But camera doesn't start, I think I need the right gapps libraries, am I doing wrong something else? Thanks
I done all this manually from file manager in twrp.
First i unzipped gapps, biggest package (i think opengapps stock or full) . You have 2. Google camera there. Then i copied libraries and .xml files from gapps for both camera apps. Change owner, group and acces for this files, make them as other files in same folder. After that copy moded gcam in system/app/GoogleCamera (or something like that, same as in gapps, you will see names and where to put files when you unpack archive).
I even deleted stock camera from system/vendor.

Nathan971

Sep 30, 2017
I done all this manually from file manager in twrp.
First i unzipped gapps, biggest package (i think opengapps stock or full) . You have 2. Google camera there. Then i copied libraries and .xml files from gapps for both camera apps. Change owner, group and acces for this files, make them as other files in same folder. After that copy moded gcam in system/app/GoogleCamera (or something like that, same as in gapps, you will see names and where to put files when you unpack archive).

Please excuse me but you're at a too high level for me: I've downloaded opengapps (7.0 arm64 version, right?) and obtained the 4 files for google camera.
At this point have I to unzip them? I think yes but using Twrp file manager where do I have to put them?
I really don't know the destination folder, can you tell me exact route for them?
Ten I'll change attributes and access, ok.
Excuse me again if I'm bothering you but Vernee Camera app is terrible and Google Camera would be a great step forward for me. Thanks again

zogu

May 5, 2011
Belgrade
Xiaomi Poco F3
Please excuse me but you're at a too high level for me: I've downloaded opengapps (7.0 arm64 version, right?) and obtained the 4 files for google camera.
At this point have I to unzip them? I think yes but using Twrp file manager where do I have to put them?
I really don't know the destination folder, can you tell me exact route for them?
Ten I'll change attributes and access, ok.
Excuse me again if I'm bothering you but Vernee Camera app is terrible and Google Camera would be a great step forward for me. Thanks again
I will try tomorrow to make flashable zip, i can't promise because i don't own this device any more.
In the meantime try htc camera (8.xx) it is also great. Install it as user app and disable full screen, otherwise gui will be messed up, but it will still work.
For me best camera apps for vernee are ProCapture (paid), google (bad in low light) and htc camera.

Last edited:

Nathan971

Sep 30, 2017
I will try tomorrow to make flashable zip.
In the meantime try htc camera (8.xx) it is also great. Install it as user app and disable full screen, otherwise gui will be messed up, but it will still work.

Really thanks, you're great, take all the time you need. Ok, I'll try Htc.
Actually I have to use Camera mx for photos (expecially for night mode) and A Better Camera for videos (for exposure lock and autofocus adjustable) but I'm searching for one only app to use

Last edited:
Reactions: zogu

zogu

May 5, 2011
Belgrade
Xiaomi Poco F3
Really thanks, you're great, take all the time you need. Ok, I'll try Htc.
Actually I have to use Camera mx for photos (expecially for night mode) and A Better Camera for videos (for exposure lock and autofocus adjustable) but I'm searching for one only app to use
Sorry for delay.
https://www.mediafire.com/file/ddtebb8iskccupi/gcam.zip

Just install from recovery. I don't own mix 2 anymore, hope it will work. It is safe for system.

Fred57380

Mar 29, 2018
Hi,
I need to replace my fingerprint sensor that has been broken when I opened my phone, but I'm unable to find this part, no one seems to sell it ....
Could you have a solution ???
Thanks
Fred

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all, I am sure some of you have read some news/article about Vernee Mix 2. Currently offered at $169 at Gearbest is really an attractive offering: https://www.gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_906061.html?wid=11&eo=oW2S2pV9VFvgw47f

However, other than Xiaomi I am really concerned about software updates that Chinese mobile phone manufacturer will provide. I have been a Xiaomi user for few users (since MIUI 5) and is very happy with the way their support their ROM.

On paper Vernee Mix 2 looks really good .. and is a lot of phone for that price. I am sure that the hardware wouldn't bad ... but I am really not sure about the software.

Those who have experience in using other Vernee products, please share your experiences. Thanks.
    Hi everyone! I'm writing from Italy and I got my Mix 2 2 days ago. This display is insane, everything is working good. I think we all need an OTA update in order to resolve some issues (lag recording a video, entering the splitscreen mode holding the volume keys, volume of the speaker, maybe the speed of the fingerprint scanner). I'm really enjoying this phone, hope you all are too :)
    Its possible to upload some pictures as a little help to remove the cover?

I have only took one picture of the inside :
    (glass and plastic cover removed)

To open it i have heated it with hair dryer , put a very little flat screwdriver (with succioncup it wasn't moving the plate too strong glue) and push (but it have made a little hole in the aluminium body when i did this but discrete ) then put some flat card to unglu all the sides
    vernee mix 2

I bought one as It is a beautiful looking phone !
    It should arrive any day as it was posted 4 days ago.

i did order it to and i hope there will come support on xda for this phone like root and twrp and some custom roms
    Hey guys.

Got my Mix 2 from Gearbest. I'm very disappointed on battery, all software finds that is 3000 mah. I thought Vernee is serious manufacturer, providing high build quality and legit specs. Also camera is a disaster. Gps is decent, 8-12 sattelites, 3d fix relatively fast. Wifi is very weak, 5ghz unusable. Didn't have issues with bluetooth. I had one total freeze and restart, I hope is software problem. Screen is gorgeous. Phone is kinda heavy, but I will get used to it. I got 2 plastic films and silicone case in package. The films are transport type, they are not of good quality, I removed the back one, because of bubbles and poor margins. Until I can find tempered glass I will use the front one. Battery life is poor, less than 20hrs, with some gaming and normal use.

Sent from my MIX 2 using Tapatalk