[Release][Linux] ModeDetect USBID Detector

Search This thread

crisrad

Aug 27, 2007
this solution works great on i9000, just make one tonight, but it works also on i9100 galaxy s2???thanks

0rtli

Apr 5, 2008
Tbilisi
Dear Adam, please help.
My device is bricked. Its wont power up and just react when plug to usb, in windows ive got message that SEC S5PC110 Test B/D found. But the problem is that device detected only for a few seconds and then its just like disconnects. How can i resolve this problem?

P.S. Installed drivers, installed ubuntu, you software detects phone in S5PC110 SEC SoC mode for a seconds and then device disconnects.
Please give me some advice.

Dindo000

Dec 28, 2013
I know guys help?
Launch UnBrickable and stops the message:
Begin ressurection Sequence
are requesting permission to device
Please wait ... Uploading ..
It seems strange because the device is recognized.
Help me I'm trying for days.:confused:

Last edited:

chuman72486

Oct 12, 2011
Am I missing something here? When I try to download this tool on my Ubuntu installation, all I get is a GitHub page with what appears to be source code, but I can't seem to do anything with it. How do you get an executable file out of this?

oz64

Jul 31, 2015
Am I missing something here? When I try to download this tool on my Ubuntu installation, all I get is a GitHub page with what appears to be source code, but I can't seem to do anything with it. How do you get an executable file out of this?

I have the same problem, How do I get the .jar file?

cyclone77

Apr 30, 2016
new on linux/ubuntu

Introduction:
Sometimes a device's screen can be deceiving. black-screen, white-screen, -Phone--/!\--PC. All of these can be a download mode. Sometimes a black screen brick can actually be in a rare S5PC110 development mode where you can use UnBrickable Mod without a hardware modification. ModeDetect for Linux. It will work on any Linux based OS with Java installed.

instructions:

1. Install Linux on your computer. Install Ubuntu if you don't have Linux.
  2. Ensure you have the latest version of Java.
  3. Download and run the detector here: http://code.google.com/p/hummingbird-hibl/downloads/list.

Simply remove the battery, plug in USB and insert the battery
Try again while holding Vol+ and Vol-
Try using a 301Kohm Jig in the USB slot with the battery inserted then plug in the USB cable.

Results:
All you need to do is run it, and plug in your questionable device. If it shows anything besides the image below, then you're not bricked.
1zcmypi.jpg

If it will only show the image above, then you can apply UnBrickable Mod, or JTAG to your device to recover it.

If it shows this, regardless of what's on your screen, you're in download mode:
2qnurzn.png

If it shows this, regardless of what's on your screen, you can use UnBrickable Mod to recover it.
t9waci.jpg

Currently the supported modes are:
S5PC110 (UnBrickable Mod)
Download Mode
Samsung Kies mode
Media Player mode
Mass Storage device
ADB debug mode
Samsung GMO Modem
Fastboot mode

Conclusion:
I hope this helps someone. Mode Detector is a simple app which looks at the lsusb device IDs and gives a nice GUI front-end for interpenetration of the results. This app should be the last thing you play with before you decide to open it, or send it in for repair.

hello sir,this mod can use on tab p7500???,since im new on linux can u teach me how to run this program....

kulldox

Jan 10, 2016
I see it is pretty old thread, but does anybody have the UnBrickDetector.jar? Can't find it anywhere.

Meowzerz

Mar 22, 2018
Can't run Program

I'm having trouble running the program.
Running ubuntu 16.04 and Javac 1.8.0_161

Not sure what I'm doing wrong can somebody explain it like I'm 5 please?:confused:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Introduction:
    Sometimes a device's screen can be deceiving. black-screen, white-screen, -Phone--/!\--PC. All of these can be a download mode. Sometimes a black screen brick can actually be in a rare S5PC110 development mode where you can use UnBrickable Mod without a hardware modification. ModeDetect for Linux. It will work on any Linux based OS with Java installed.

instructions:

1. Install Linux on your computer. Install Ubuntu if you don't have Linux.
    2. Ensure you have the latest version of Java.
    3. Download and run the detector here: http://code.google.com/p/hummingbird-hibl/downloads/list.

Simply remove the battery, plug in USB and insert the battery
    Try again while holding Vol+ and Vol-
    Try using a 301Kohm Jig in the USB slot with the battery inserted then plug in the USB cable.

Results:
    All you need to do is run it, and plug in your questionable device. If it shows anything besides the image below, then you're not bricked.
    1zcmypi.jpg

If it will only show the image above, then you can apply UnBrickable Mod, or JTAG to your device to recover it.

If it shows this, regardless of what's on your screen, you're in download mode:
    2qnurzn.png

If it shows this, regardless of what's on your screen, you can use UnBrickable Mod to recover it.
    t9waci.jpg

Currently the supported modes are:
    S5PC110 (UnBrickable Mod)
    Download Mode
    Samsung Kies mode
    Media Player mode
    Mass Storage device
    ADB debug mode
    Samsung GMO Modem
    Fastboot mode

Conclusion:
    I hope this helps someone. Mode Detector is a simple app which looks at the lsusb device IDs and gives a nice GUI front-end for interpenetration of the results. This app should be the last thing you play with before you decide to open it, or send it in for repair.
    Any ideas?
    Code:
    $ java -jar UnBrickDetector.jar
    Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/jdesktop/application/SingleFrameApplication
    	at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
    	at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:634)
    	at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:142)
    	at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:277)
    	at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$000(URLClassLoader.java:73)
    	at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:212)
    	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    	at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:205)
    	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:321)
    	at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:294)
    	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:266)
    Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.jdesktop.application.SingleFrameApplication
    	at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:217)
    	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    	at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:205)
    	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:321)
    	at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:294)
    	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:266)
    	... 11 more
    Could not find the main class: com.AdamOutler.UnBrickDetector.UnBrickDetectorApp. Program will exit.
    Ya the new Mode-Detector.jar worked fine.
    Its just the usb + vm, not so much :p

Linux is the best primary OS. Everything works with Linux, at least to the extent that it can be passed to a virtual machine without problems
    This is not anywhere as nice as Adam's app, but desperate Windows users might like it.
    It's the old UsbView.exe from Microsoft, built and archived on FTDI's website.
    You can get some info on what is connected to the USB port.
    http://www.ftdichip.com/Support/Utilities/usbview.zip
    good luck getting decent performance in a VM for gaming (im not talking about facebook bejeweled, im talking about MW3, Black Ops, BF3, etc

gaming is the only reason i still have a desktop running windows :mad:

i use virtualbox on my windows machine for some vms
    i use vmware workstation on my laptop (running ubuntu 10.10 64bit) to run windows 7 pro 64bit vm when i need it. i can do some basic gaming on there, but it would die if i tried to run call of duty.

If you have enough memory you will not notice much of a difference. I don't. Install 3d extensions and allocate as many processor cores to it as possible. Enable all the options. Its a slight slowdown but nothing noticeable.

I have a quad core i5 with 12gigs of memory and a nVidia 200 series video card. It works well.