By askpcguy, Senior Member on 25th February 2011, 07:38 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
28th August 2013, 07:01 AM |#41  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 194

More
That's great! Now make a backup.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to askpcguy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift askpcguy Ad-Free

10th March 2014, 11:17 PM |#42  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
This is the only and the best tool to backup calls on my dual-sim mobile. Other methods loose sim info.
I use SManager to run a short script in every 2 hours.
29th April 2014, 04:15 AM |#43  
Flag Busan
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by askpcguy

I been performing this myself with great success, but you need ROOT access AND busybox installed. Create a folder on your phone's SD card called tmp. You'll need adb in order to adb shell, and gain root access. (in cmd, adb shell <enter> su <enter> confirm you are on a # prompt not the $ prompt)

Now copy and paste each line, press enter after each line pasted. Confirm the files copied after each line by running ls /mnt/sdcard/tmp/mmssms.db

Code:
cp /dbdata/databases/com.android.providers.contacts/contacts2.db /mnt/sdcard/tmp/contacts2.db
cp /dbdata/databases/com.android.providers.telephony/mmssms.db /mnt/sdcard/tmp/mmssms.db
cp /dbdata/databases/com.sec.android.provider.logsprovider/logs.db /mnt/sdcard/tmp/logs.db
cp /dbdata/databases/com.sec.android.app.memo/Memo.db /mnt/sdcard/tmp/Memo.db
cp /dbdata/databases/com.android.providers.calendar/calendar.db /mnt/sdcard/tmp/calendar.db
Once that is done, mount the phone to your computer and copy the TMP folder to your computer. When you flash the custom rom, you'll have to keep the SIM card out of the phone because you do not want new history items written to the log files.

Next ls -l /dbdata/databases/com.android.providers.contacts/contacts2.db (and the others) to see what permissions/owner they have, if you simply cp the files from /mnt/sdcard/tmp to their locations, you'll get force closes in the application (because it's not able to write log data).

Make note is the owner for each db file. Then back to adb shell, su, cd /mnt/sdcard/tmp (trust everyone knows to copy the tmp folder from PC onto your phone) cp contacts2.db /dbdata/databases/com.android.providers.contacts/contacts2.db (and the others!).

Once the files are copied back to their locations on the device, run the following:
Code:
chmod 660 /dbdata/databases/com.android.providers.contacts/contacts2.db
chown app_15.app_15 /dbdata/databases/com.android.providers.contacts/contacts2.db
Obviously you want to use the app_X.app_X you saw from running ls -l /path/filename before copying the backed up log file.

Original thread is here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=969343

hi
I have a question
adb backup command is
Code:
dbdata/databases/com.android.providers.contacts/contacts2.db
/dbdata / databases / com.android.providers.telephony / mmssms.db
Not I can come to have a computer?
I've investigated the problem immediately is impossible to know the rights.
But a friend told me that is possible
Oh and routing state is poor.
And if the state is routing command adb backup possible?
6th May 2014, 04:20 PM |#44  
OP Senior Member

More
I am not sure what the question is. You can use the cp commands in a terminal emulator on the phone but have to be rooted.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
23rd May 2016, 10:36 AM |#45  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillllian2016

If you have backed up your call history somewhere, you can directly recover your it from the backup. However, if you don't have done this before, you may probably need a third-party software to*recover call hitory from Android. My friends recommend ... MOD EDIT

So you've posted 11 times since joining xda and each time you've advertised this program. I admire your dedication to spamming, I really do!
16th November 2017, 06:13 PM |#46  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
I've tried it with LOS 14.1 (Android 7.1.2) with adb shell under TWRP 3.1.1-0. It did not work. At phone start I immediately get the message, that "android.process.acore" stopped working unexpectedly. Does anybody know a workaround for this?

The source *.db-files were from the August builds, the restore was on the October build of LOS. Might this be the reason?
3rd January 2018, 03:41 AM |#47  

More
yo
20th March 2018, 07:28 AM |#48  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus4Owner1

I've tried it with LOS 14.1 (Android 7.1.2) with adb shell under TWRP 3.1.1-0. It did not work. At phone start I immediately get the message, that "android.process.acore" stopped working unexpectedly. Does anybody know a workaround for this?

The source *.db-files were from the August builds, the restore was on the October build of LOS. Might this be the reason?

Well... I'm having the exact same problem.... can somebody help with it?

And the SMSs is not been shown... I mean... no SMS at all after the restore.

Done in Samsung J7 (SM-J700M).

Thanks people.
22nd March 2018, 04:48 AM |#49  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus4Owner1

Quote:
Originally Posted by felipedmc

Well... I'm having the exact same problem.... can somebody help with it?

And the SMSs is not been shown... I mean... no SMS at all after the restore.

Done in Samsung J7 (SM-J700M).

Thanks people.

If you get errors when you copy over the database files, that normally means the permissions aren't set correctly.

Before you copy over the database files, from a terminal running as super user, navigate to the directory with the database files and run LS -L to list the file owner and permissions.

Then copy over the database files and use CHMOD and CHOWN to set the permissions back.
22nd March 2018, 09:14 PM |#50  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
For my case back than, I can assure that the permissions were set correctly. There must be another reason.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
call history, manual backup, text messages

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)