fastboot on our L9 with omap4boot

254 posts
Thanks Meter: 144

By sguerrini97, Senior Member on 26th January 2013, 04:45 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
1st June 2016, 07:29 PM |#211  
Thanks Meter: 108

More
I wouldn't even get to this point with the phone in Fastboot mode. Now you can manually assign drivers for good. Up to Win8.1 from the two categories "ADB interfaces" and "Android phone", but in Win10 seemingly only one of them has survived, containing fewer drivers. Drivers which appear in the other category in older Windows seem unavailable, even if you just installed them.

7th July 2016, 08:49 PM |#212  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Oh my phone god, please help.
Hello. I may have very stupid questions, however I have to ask. How the hell am I supposed to "power off" the phone, when it doesn't have battery plugged in? Second one: I do everything as there was written, still, when I unplug the USB, 2 mins later phone turns on, I plug it to PC and.. nothing happened. Come on now. And last, but not least: Shouldn't I have some files somewhere? (I mean other than omap4boot in my C: directory, for example some p*.bin file? )
Ok, that's it. I am sorry for my ignorance, nevertheless I want to learn and fix the bootloop. Thanks
/Please, talk to me like to an idiot. I am new here, in the world of mobile phones. Thank you
9th July 2016, 01:34 PM |#213  

More
I was never using omap4boot for unbricking or other. It's several year okd stuff, right? And i could always unbrick the prescribed way, with current LG usb drivers, and a battery with enough juice left.
19th September 2016, 09:18 AM |#214  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Hi,

I have the same problem with a LG P760.
The phone is bricked (nothing at all shown on screen, does not enter SW Upgrade mode).
When I connect the phone without battery to the PC using a 910k ohm cable I see the OMAP4430 device and keeps connecting and disconnecting. I can get the phone in LGE Mobile USB mode using L9 Fastboot tool and I can start writing the firmware but the phone gets disconnected by itself after 3 minutes and the process does not finish.
Did anyone manage to solve this issue. Also, how can I determine now if the bootloader was locked?
Thanks.
19th September 2016, 07:43 PM |#215  

More
Without battery, nithing except the initial handshaking procedure should work , where the pc powers the usb device with a 100mA current, to retrieve basic Information about the device.
Bootloader, dunno. The bootloader status is in the baseband rom and can be retrieved with an USSD code(system menu). Via the dialer app and probably ADB, too. If the latter somehow still works ...
It's several months back since i had to unbrick several times. As I remember, S/W mode is the stock rom's recovery. What always worked, is Download mode, which should produce a screen saying D/L mode. But i may be wrong.
22nd September 2016, 12:39 AM |#216  
Texas, USA and Toronto,Canada
Thanks Meter: 60

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyadron

Hi,

I have the same problem with a LG P760.
The phone is bricked (nothing at all shown on screen, does not enter SW Upgrade mode).
When I connect the phone without battery to the PC using a 910k ohm cable I see the OMAP4430 device and keeps connecting and disconnecting. I can get the phone in LGE Mobile USB mode using L9 Fastboot tool and I can start writing the firmware but the phone gets disconnected by itself after 3 minutes and the process does not finish.
Did anyone manage to solve this issue. Also, how can I determine now if the bootloader was locked?
Thanks.

When you see omap4430 , you can get into fastboot mode to flash a and b boot then you should be able to get into download mode ....

Sent from my LG-E980h using Tapatalk
23rd September 2016, 11:41 AM |#217  

More
A Win 7 or XP system provided. With Win 8 or 10 Fastboot don't work for many or all. But this seems L9(or TI OMAP) -exclusive, other devices still can employ Fastboot.
8th October 2017, 08:16 PM |#218  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Am reciving:

FAILED (remote: : partition doesn't exist)
finished. total time: 0.010s

When I try to write anything. x-boot u-boot, recovery, whatever.
How to fix this?

MS769: Failed flashing using Octopus Box Tool
28th March 2018, 07:09 AM |#219  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi All, How to resolve^ erasing 'u-boot'...
FAILED (remote: : partition doesn't exist)
finished. total time: 0.003s
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)