MX Player Custom Codec [AC3,DTS,MLP,TRUEHD, etc..]

Search This thread

Thirumalai.K

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 14, 2011
Yeah your right. Even after disabling that ac3 continues not to work.
Revert to previous version.
But, even after enabling all codecs, still ac3 has some issues. Others working properly. Probably some thing wrong with their end.
Why we couldn't use AC-3 even after using the custom codecs?
1.9.18.2 combined with the correct custom codec
doesn't support ac3
1.9.17 with the custom codec was fine
is this a known issue ?
I noticed this too. The custom codec doesn't provide AC3 anymore though, MX is supposed to. Maybe MX reverted their AC3 patch by mistake?[/MENTION]

Yes. It was accidental. We have updated the FFmpeg sources on our website to address this issue.

Reactions: osm0sis and USBhost

InvalidDNA

Nov 16, 2016
Last edited:

ChazzMatt

Recognized Contributor
Nov 30, 2010
Atlanta, Georgia
Yes. It's working now.
It's better if you can make a note on OP. Those who have already downloaded can download again.
Moreover, now custom codec adds more support than just ac3, eac3 & dts. You can adjust the title too[emoji16]

Yeah, the thread title could be clarified. We point so many people to this thread, because even though they have seen it sometimes they don't realize it's what they need when "xx" doesn't work on MX Player.

@USBhost, thank you for this thread and continuing to supply custom codecs.

Sent via open market LG US998 V30/V30+

Last edited:

USBhost

Recognized Contributor
Oct 23, 2013
u:r:usbhost:s0
OnePlus 8T
OnePlus 12
Yes. It's working now.
It's better if you can make a note on OP. Those who have already downloaded can download again.
Moreover, now custom codec adds more support than just ac3, eac3 & dts. You can adjust the title too?

Yeah, the thread title could be clarified. We point so many people to this thread, because even though they have seen it sometimes they don't realize it's what they need when "xx" doesn't work on MX Player.

@USBhost, thank you for this thread and continuing to supply custom codecs.

Sent via open market LG US998 V30/V30+
Note added, and thread title updated :good:
I was meaning to update the title a while back but...

obdz

Aug 10, 2017
How is the custom codec for MX Player 1.9.18.2, while the latest version of MX Player in Playstore is 1.9.17?

JustJesseBear

Mar 29, 2018
Installing & audio playback issue

Using mx pro I have a cpl movies on my note 8 causing me problems. Several refuse to play audio correctly except if I use ear phones, not sure if all are AAC but at least a cpl are. If try to play them on phone using its speaker directly or Bluetooth to single speaker then it's scrambled/squeaky but plug in or connect Bluetooth headset and audio is perfect. I thought maybe newer custom codec might help but neither the new aio or neon files will install, just get the message about needing to use Arm7_neon custom codec & since not found use default. Anyway, after fighting the app & uninstalling/reinstalling mx pro it finally allowed me to reinstall the older AIO file of version Version 1.9.17 (ARMv7 NEON, custom codec 1.9.8) but still have the audio problem. Any suggestions so I can watch these movies without headphones?
Thanks in advancd

Thirumalai.K

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 14, 2011
Using mx pro I have a cpl movies on my note 8 causing me problems. Several refuse to play audio correctly except if I use ear phones, not sure if all are AAC but at least a cpl are. If try to play them on phone using its speaker directly or Bluetooth to single speaker then it's scrambled/squeaky but plug in or connect Bluetooth headset and audio is perfect. I thought maybe newer custom codec might help but neither the new aio or neon files will install, just get the message about needing to use Arm7_neon custom codec & since not found use default. Anyway, after fighting the app & uninstalling/reinstalling mx pro it finally allowed me to reinstall the older AIO file of version Version 1.9.17 (ARMv7 NEON, custom codec 1.9.8) but still have the audio problem. Any suggestions so I can watch these movies without headphones?
Thanks in advancd

Can you share a sample?
If you are getting audio on headphones means that there is no decoder issue. It may happen when the audio track itself has phase issues.

In such cases, if you play through a stereo speakers (like headphones or external speakers), there shouldn't be any issues as both channels are played independently. But, when you play through the internal speakers (Except few devices, most of them are mono), Android will downmix the stereo to mono. if both channels are out of phase, phase cancellation will occur. So, you may not get the sound even though it's playing.

Kindly read https://www.uaudio.com/blog/understanding-audio-phase/ to know more.

JustJesseBear

Mar 29, 2018
It could be phase issue, but I'm not sure. I do get audio it's just very high pitched electronic almost squeaky sounding. Had one movie do it but then I backed it up and the audio played fine afterwards. Will try to find a sample file I can link to so can see for yourself. Otherwise, if nothing else, I'll record the sound using my watch, lol

USBhost

Recognized Contributor
Oct 23, 2013
u:r:usbhost:s0
OnePlus 8T
OnePlus 12
i did or you mean the re-release of custom codec 1.9.18.2 which fixes the broken AC3?
Yes. Just redownload it just to be safe.
I wasn't aware of TrueHD being broken in it, only ac3. I tested one of my videos that had TrueHD and it worked.

How is the custom codec for MX Player 1.9.18.2, while the latest version of MX Player in Playstore is 1.9.17?
It's the latest for the beta. You can still get the older version on Google drive

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180329-222155.jpg
    Screenshot_20180329-222155.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 473
Last edited:
Reactions: zoonr

zoonr

Mar 29, 2018
Yes. Just redownload it just to be safe.
I wasn't aware of TrueHD being broken in it, only ac3. I tested one of my videos that had TrueHD and it worked.

indeed it works now, thanks!
however some subs are completely messed up now (small and all over the screen) but that has nothing to do with your codec :)

toanau

Jul 30, 2011
Why do I getting this constant messages? I downloaded the 3/28 build

Attachments

• IMG_20180401_071557.jpg
    IMG_20180401_071557.jpg
    225.8 KB · Views: 1,092

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    https://github.com/USBhost/MX_FFmpeg is my modified source where i'm building from
    You can download recent codecs here ( GitHub releases ) and 1.35.0-1.8.6 here ( Google Drive ).
    Also the XDA download tab is no longer updated as for some reason I cant remove them.

INSTRUCTIONS
    1. Check which version you need by going to Local Player Settings/Decoder/General
    in the Custom Codec tab it will tell you which one is needed (x86,x86_64,neon,neon64/ARMv8).
    Note: skip step 1 if your using aio (all in one) version
    2. Download the one you need (No need to unzip it)
    3. Go back to Local Player Settings/Decoder/General
    and tap the Custom Codec tab then select the version you downloaded. DONE!
    Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) :

What's the difference between MX Player Codec Packs on Google Play and Custom Codec?
    MX Player Codec Pack not only contains ffmpeg library, It contains many other libraries required to work properly. If you download MX Player from Google Play mostly it will contain the required libraries according to your device architecture. You have to install codec packs from Google Play only if MX Player asks to install. Custom codec is just a modified version of the ffmpeg library used in MX Player. It's modified to include support DTS/Dolby(ac3) audio tracks. So, Codec Pack is mandatory if MX Player asks to install it. Custom Codec is optional and It's required only if you want to play the videos with DTS & Dolby (AC3) audio tacks

Why Custom Codec is not updated even though MX Player is updated?
    In Many occasions MX Player may updated without any changes to ffmpeg library. So, Custom Codec will also remain same. The custom codec version required will be directly forced by the player itself. So no need to worry about it. If it's not compatible MX Player will not load at all.

How do I know that my Custom Codec is outdated & needs an update?
    Whenever MX Player is updated, It will check the custom codec version loaded. If it's outdated it will show a error message that shows "Custom Codec is out of date. Replace it with the new version". Otherwise there is no need to check this thread for the new Custom Codecs.
    Custom codecs for 1.9.8
    Update 1.13.0 is up!!!

1.13.0 ARMv8 codec is needed here as well, thank you !

Please, it any chance to get ARMv7 Neon codec for version 1.13 mx player? I have sony TV and its problem with EAC3 :-/ Need codec for this version.

It's up on Google Drive now!!! :angel: neon64 is our ARM64
    However I can't seem to upload them to XDA... I guess Brave does not like flash lol oh well.
    Edit: Its up on XDA as well now.