FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[MOD]Captivate Camera Software on Vibrant

369 posts
Thanks Meter: 8

By chaoscentral, Senior Member on 11th August 2010, 03:40 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Now some may ask why I would want to do this? Well I watched a few video reviews on the Captivate, and I noticed their camera software was different, the menus were layed out differently, and honestly they are better organized.

You can switch scene modes with a button on the left side instead of drilling down into settings>page 2>scenes

The video recording is much better, it actually records as soon as you press the button instead of having to wait a few seconds before it starts recording. It also stops as soon as you hit stop with no delay or lag like there was on the stock software.

Overall I think it improves an already awesome camera.

Still has all the same camera modes and scene modes as the vibrant, so you won't be losing anything by flashing this

Installation:
  • Copy zip to internal SD
  • Reboot into Clockwork MOD recovery
  • Flash zip
  • Reboot and Enjoy!

EDIT: Added the Camera-Stock-signed.zip if you want to revert back to the original software

EDIT2: Tested out the Odexed build on a deodexed ROM, wasn't throwing any errors on flash, so I just simplified both zips into 1 zip. So flash away!

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wcCb6tbzY8 (Sorry for the blurry cam will update it shortly)
Attached Files
File Type: zip Camera-Stock-signed.zip - [Click for QR Code] (2.04 MB, 3674 views)
File Type: zip Camera-Update-signed.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.93 MB, 7076 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to chaoscentral For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift chaoscentral Ad-Free

11th August 2010, 03:57 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 390

More
THANK YOU!

This is really a simple, awesome addition/mod to the phone, should have been the default camera app!

cheers.
11th August 2010, 04:00 AM |#3  
Flag Central FL
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Thanks for this! Definitely, quicker and more usable. Everything seems to work as advertised. Good catch!
11th August 2010, 04:10 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Anyone have the stock app? I flashed this thinking I'd like it but for some reason I prefer the stock one. I'd greatly appreciate either another flashable ZIP or just the Camera.apk file.
11th August 2010, 04:13 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Revere, MA

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by advil0

Anyone have the stock app? I flashed this thinking I'd like it but for some reason I prefer the stock one. I'd greatly appreciate either another flashable ZIP or just the Camera.apk file.

Updated the first post, look in the attachments, there's a zip to flash back to the stock Camera app
11th August 2010, 04:14 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Are we to flash both zip files or which one? There is an odexed one and a deodexed one.
11th August 2010, 04:14 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaoscentral

Updated the first post, look in the attachments, there's a zip to flash back to the stock Camera app

Very much appreciated!
11th August 2010, 04:19 AM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Revere, MA

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kizer

Are we to flash both zip files or which one?

if you are running a stock rom or other non deodexed rom, flash the odexed one, otherwise if you are running Vibrant4, or anomalous3's rom, flash the deodexed one.

EDIT: When in doubt, flash the Odexed one, if an error comes up during flash, that means you have a deodexed ROM and you should use the other one. If you try the deodexed one first, you will get no errors on install, but you will get force closes when using the camera.

EDIT2: Turns out the Odexed build which looks for 2 files that dont exsist on a deodexed build doesn't throw any errors anyways, so I'm just going to use that as the main update. removed the confusion of having 2 different updates
11th August 2010, 04:21 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Thanks for the info. Its been a while since I've gone gungho mod crazy on my phone and I seem to have forgotten all of the lingo.

Thanks for the app and I will give it a try.
11th August 2010, 04:34 AM |#10  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 176

Donate to Me
More
Working great. Thanks for this. Was missing the quick setting drawer thingy-ma-bob coming from a MT3GS.
11th August 2010, 04:36 AM |#11  
Account currently disabled
Flag North Carolina
Thanks Meter: 117

Donate to Me
More
Very cool. Good work
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)