FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Official Charger Broken - Bring Dead Nook Back to Life?

19 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By pjdj, Junior Member on 6th May 2011, 03:57 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
6th June 2011, 10:58 PM |#21  
Flag Seattle, WA
Thanks Meter: 213

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheetmetalninja

"no i did not revert to stock rom first as i hear is what does the trick"

sorry, off topic but, what did you mean when about "going back to stock rom first is the trick"? is going to stock rom first before flashing roms with .32 is the answer to fixing SODs and no deep sleep issues?

stock cm7 n93

14th July 2011, 07:28 AM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by buiqn

Bought my nook used off craigslist. Called in and got a replacement cable no problem.

I have the same situation here. How could you get the new charger from B&N? Just simply provide the serial number to B&N? Could you explain a bit about your experience?

Thanks.

BTW, I realized that my N1 charger in fact has 5V 1A output. It's a lot better than charging by a micro USB cable or other phone charger but, it's not enough. I tried to use my NC plugged in with N1 charger. My NC dies after a couple of hours of using. It means that NC battery keeps dropping although it is plugged in with 5V 1A. I think "2A" is crucial for the NC charger.
14th July 2011, 12:35 PM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 64

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinhvanhoa

I have the same situation here. How could you get the new charger from B&N? Just simply provide the serial number to B&N? Could you explain a bit about your experience?

Thanks.

BTW, I realized that my N1 charger in fact has 5V 1A output. It's a lot better than charging by a micro USB cable or other phone charger but, it's not enough. I tried to use my NC plugged in with N1 charger. My NC dies after a couple of hours of using. It means that NC battery keeps dropping although it is plugged in with 5V 1A. I think "2A" is crucial for the NC charger.

It is. Actual charging flow is somewhere between 1.4 and 1.6 amps.

Rodney
14th July 2011, 05:31 PM |#24  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 67

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickOSidhe

Call B&N tech support and tell them that you have a bad USB cable. I did, and they sent me a new charger+cable within a week, gratis. YMMV.

I just want to verify this works excellently. When I got my nook the cable was cracked under the light up nook symbol. After seeing this post I immediately called B&N Tech support. I stated that I was having issues with my cable and they immediately transferred me to the correct dept. Upon connection with them they instantly offered to replace the cable before I even had the chance to ask for it. Definitely the best customer service experience I've ever had for a defective product. Not to mention now I will have a second cable for free. A little super glue and the original will make it's home in my car.
14th July 2011, 05:44 PM |#25  
Flag San Jose
Thanks Meter: 41

More
We try to take good care of our nook customers.
18th January 2013, 12:46 PM |#26  

More
Plug The charging process
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjdj

Hey guys, I got an email on my nook the other day, and when I picked it up, I didn't realize I still had it plugged into the charger, so I accidentally yanked it and broke the B&N micro SD cable.

I'm running phiremod, so normally this isn't a problem since I can slow-charge from my PC or car adapter.

The only problem is, charging like this only works once you've loaded the CM kernel. If you try to charge from a dead battery, you can't do that!

Right now, my nook color is dead. I can plug it in and I get the "not enough power to turn on, please wait 15 minutes and try again" message.

My question is, is there any way to charge this sucker (from death) without shelling out another $25 for the charger (and all I need is the cable, but they are almost just as much).

I have it plugged into my PC currently, and it has been plugged in for about an hour, but it still won't power on. If I leave it plugged into the B&N charger with a regular microUSB cable (even all night) it won't charge a drop.

Any suggestions?

Edit:
FWIW, my nook DID turn on after about an hour - an hour and a half of charging with 11% battery and continues to charge via the PC with a regular microUSB cable. It takes a while, but it will charge

With a/an regual micro-USB the nook takes atleast 18 hours to charge
I too have broken my NOOK micro-USB but mine is always stuck in a bootloop
NOOK Micro USB gives out 5.0 mAh
Regular Micro USB gives out arround 1.0/2.0 mAh
1st April 2018, 01:50 AM |#27  

More
Can I use a Android charger to charge my nook color? And long does it take to charge?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)