[ROM][8.1.0][OFFICIAL] ⚛ CarbonROM (Noct) Weeklies ⚛

Search This thread

goodoldie1996

Jul 18, 2013
New Delhi
I can't seem to find the options for ambient display on pocket detection.

---------- Post added at 05:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:06 PM ----------

The charging info on lockscreen is not working. Also, the battery icon in status bar on charging does not change.

cyrosify

Dec 9, 2014
Deleted, wrong thread, pls ignore

Attachments

• Screenshot_Poweramp_20180405-211920.png
    Screenshot_Poweramp_20180405-211920.png
    190.6 KB · Views: 1,023
  • Screenshot_Poweramp_20180405-212008.png
    Screenshot_Poweramp_20180405-212008.png
    209.2 KB · Views: 1,016
Last edited:

rankin1

Now this ROM is sick really really smooth just missing dark theme and that's it I swear this ROM is it WOW I love it

---------- Post added at 02:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:58 AM ----------

Hey can I ask where did you get the default launcher

Last edited:

drakonizer

Retired Forum Moderator
I can't seem to find the options for ambient display on pocket detection.

---------- Post added at 05:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:06 PM ----------

The charging info on lockscreen is not working. Also, the battery icon in status bar on charging does not change.

Ambient display options will be added soon. Charging info on lockscreen works perfectly on my end, and the icon seems to work too. Can you send a logcat?

There is no option for that, also for customizing QS tiles. It woukd be great if dev can add this.

Customizing QS tiles can be done using the "pencil" icon next to the settings icon in the expanded QS screen.

Now this ROM is sick really really smooth just missing dark theme and that's it I swear this ROM is it WOW I love it

---------- Post added at 02:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:58 AM ----------

Hey can I ask where did you get the default launcher

Substratum is always an option :)

The launcher's source code is on our GitHub, links for it are in the OP.

Reactions: ajnexus5

goodoldie1996

Jul 18, 2013
New Delhi
Ambient display options will be added soon. Charging info on lockscreen works perfectly on my end, and the icon seems to work too. Can you send a logcat?

Customizing QS tiles can be done using the "pencil" icon next to the settings icon in the expanded QS screen.

Substratum is always an option :)

The launcher's source code is on our GitHub, links for it are in the OP.
The charging info and the battery icon on charging, started working fine after a reboot.

Baldrick77

May 24, 2014
Smooth ROM. It would be better to add black theme with accent colors and notification slider vibrate mode. Thx.

Sent from my OnePlus 3 using XDA Labs

qsaads

Apr 15, 2015
Sony Xperia 5 IV
After a few adjustments the rom has been working flawless.

Just the mobile data refuses to work in battery save mode.

Regarding the latest update for some reason Allo and Snapchat stopped working hence I'd have to revert back to the previous update.

Is it possible for the alert slider to not be overridden by the volume keys like in the OOS. In my opinion there's no point of having a hardware key to put the phone in silent only for it to be accidentally overridden since the volume button are so soft ?

bugultra

Sep 8, 2016
sungai siput
hello, recently i clean flash my op3 encrypted, using twrp 3.2.1, my process of flashing is roms, gapps, and magisk. rom booting fine, but right now my twrp can't read my internal storage.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    IfblItr.png

CarbonROM is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look, build, and use our code at CarbonROM's GitHub... and at CarbonROM Gerrit.

Disclaimer:
    While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash!

Support:
    We spend an astonishing amount of time developing this software. We can't spend much time on XDA as a result, so if you need support, please try the following:

1) Search. Search, search, search. Yes, you. I don't care how unique or important your question is, it's very likely someone has adressed it already. Especially if you're even close to new at this.
    2) Read our FAQ, which can be found on our website. Carbon FAQ
    3) Ask a question in your device forum. Someone will no doubt try to help you. Warning: this help may come in the form of telling you it's a dumb question that has been asked before. See step 1 - such are the perils of asking questions when you haven't done the research yourself. Android is about helping yourself.
    4) Join our Discord server! There, you can connect with other Carbon users and our developers, and you can get quicker responses to your bug reports. The invite link is right below.

We recommend MindTheGApps. OpenGApps should work, but please make sure you clearly mention the gapps you're using when reporting bugs.

Get CarbonROM
    Join the CarbonROM Discord server
    GitHub
    Gerrit
    Kernel source

Remember, every penny you send to us goes right back into the rom. It's used for hardware, server costs, etc - all the things that help us make Carbon better with every release. Your support means the world to us! If you've enjoyed Carbon, please consider a donation toward this goal. Thank you, and we hope you continue to enjoy Carbon!

XDA:DevDB Information
    CarbonROM, ROM for the OnePlus 3

Contributors
    drakonizer
    Source Code: https://github.com/CarbonROM

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Latest Open Beta firmware and modem
    Based On: AOSP/CAF

Version Information

Created 2018-03-31
    Last Updated 2018-03-31
    Official weeklies are out! Get them from the "Get CarbonROM" link in the OP.

BUGS:

I've been using Carbon Oreo for months now, and I've faced no issues. If you face any issues, please report them in as much detail as possible, preferably with a logcat and/or instructions to reproduce it.

CHANGELOGS:

You can visit https://blog.carbonrom.org/changelog to view the changelog.

FAQs (Please read before posting questions):

Q: What firmware do I need to be on?
    A: Oxygen OS Open Beta 35 (OnePlus 3) / Open Beta 26 (OnePlus 3T). This answer will be updated as and when needed. Links can be found by simply googling for them.

Q: Does the ROM support OMS and theming with Substratum?
    A: Yes it does! Simply enable "Allow untrusted overlays" from Settings -> CarbonFibers -> Privacy and Security and follow the instructions that follow.

Q: Does the ROM work on both the OP3 and OP3T?
    A: Since the thread is in the unified development subforum, yes it does.

Q: Is the ROM rooted by default?
    A: No, please flash your favorite root solution after installing the ROM.

Q: Is the camera good?
    A: The ROM uses the device tree from Lineage OS. Expect similar quality. Feel free to install the Google Camera port for the best pictures from your camera. You do not have to install the front cam HDR fix Magisk module with Carbon.

Q: Do I need to make a factory reset before installing this ROM?
    A: If you're moving from cr-5.1 official builds to cr-6.1 builds, then a factory reset is recommended. Some have been able to dirty flash their way from cr-5.1 to cr-6.1, but before trying that, make sure you have a backup, in case you're caught in a bootloop. Clean install is ALWAYS recommended. If you face any issues after dirty flashing, clean flash first and see if it's persistent and only then report the bug.

Q: VOLTE?
    A: Untested, but should work.

Q: SafetyNet?
    A: Sure, if you use Magisk and enable Magisk hide.

Credits:
    LineageOS for the device bring up to Oreo

You can say thanks by donating to CarbonROM, me or any of the contributors. It really helps.
    The new weekly update includes the multitouch issue fix, fix for alert slider and button swap values not sticking on reboot, fonts being reset to the good ol' default, and some other new features as well (take a look at the changelog in the second post).

Enjoy!
    New weekly is being built as we speak. The main change is the updated kernel, 3.10.105 with fixes for the battery drain that's been plaguing the previous releases.
    Can someone please verify whether fc in Mobile network setting has been resolved in latest weekly? Thanks in advance.

FC only affects devices using two SIM cards. We are working on it.