[Update-8/2/2012] Stock Samsung Keyboard

2,102 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,522

By codeknight11, Senior Member on 7th January 2012, 05:42 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
22nd October 2015, 08:46 AM |#191  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
does anyone tested it on CM12.1 for s7582? any screenshots?

26th March 2016, 12:58 PM |#192  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
[Help] Really Small Samsung Keyboard
Hello. I followed all the instructions in this thread. The keyboard is working fine but it is too small. Is there any way to adjust its size? Please help. Thank you.

I'm currently using cm12.1
My phone is GT-S7852

Here's a screenshot: http: //prnt. sc/ak8cbc (please remove the spaces, I'm a new member here that's why I cannot put any outside links)
8th May 2016, 08:07 AM |#193  
Thanks Meter: 77

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fr3akingn00b

Hello. I followed all the instructions in this thread. The keyboard is working fine but it is too small. Is there any way to adjust its size? Please help. Thank you.

I'm currently using cm12.1
My phone is GT-S7852

Here's a screenshot: http: //prnt. sc/ak8cbc (please remove the spaces, I'm a new member here that's why I cannot put any outside links)

Wrong phone . . wrong forum mate.
8th June 2016, 10:25 PM |#194  
Flag Bydgoszcz
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Installed on Resurrection Remix but it says "Samsung keyboard has stopped working" all the time...
7th April 2018, 05:34 AM |#195  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tj_droid

Here's stock samsung keyboard. You can install it on any ROM (deodexed or odexed)

UDPATE - 8/2/2012- New *working* flashable zips added. Old ones have been removed. No need to add the files manually, just flash the zip

SPECIAL thanks to mor_1228 for the flashable zips. I created my flashable zips using his flashable zip as a base

PS - The keyboard seems to be having incompatibility issues on *some* CM7 ROMs. It does install but force closes when you try to open it. I will look into this issue once my exams get over.

Instructions -
1) If you are using a deodexed ROM, download
flashable-deodexed.zip from attachments.

If you are using an odexed ROM, download

flashable-odexed.zip from attachments.

SouthEastAsian users - download AxT9IME_MDPI_SEA.zip (thanks to ketut
for this)

2) Place the file in your SD card.

3) Boot into ClockWorkMod Recovery

4) Select 'install zip from sd card'

5) Navigate to the file and select it. Let it install

6) Reboot

Follow this method if the flashable zips are not working for you -

How to install:

1) Download the attached zip file (Keyboard_Deodexed.zip for Deodexed ROM's and Keyboard_Odexed.zip for Odexed ROM's) and extract it (Its not a flashable zip)

2) Using root explorer or same kind of tool, place these files and set the permissions -

If the flashable zip files dont work, then try this method

DEODEXED ROM's~

Touchwiz.xml put in /system/etc/permissions and set permission to rw-r--r-- (I have attached a screenshot, see it if you dont understand the permission stuff)

libdhwr.so put in /system/lib and set permission to rw-r--r--

libXt9_core.so put in /system/lib and set permission to rw-r--r--

T9db folder(with all files inside, copy this whole folder)
put in /system and set permission to rwxr-xr-x

AxT9IME.apk put in /system /app and set permission to rw-r--r--

ODEXED ROM's ~

Everything is same as above. You just need to add this - AxT9IME.odex put in /system/app and set permission to rw-r--r--

If you dont understand permissions take a look at screenshots.

rw-r--r--

rwxr-xr-x

Reboot and enjoy

Hi

** Finally I got some time to test this during preparatory leave for the next exam. Ahan, here's a workaround for adding words to dictionary - Open any app where you can type something using the keyboard, go to settings, Activate XT9, now get back to the place where you want to type, type a word which you want to save to your dictionary. It will automatically get saved to dictionary. Next time you type the same word, it'll automatically appear in the black suggestion menu above the keyboard. Cheers

Hi
Is it possible to have apk file for this? I need my phone not rooted to be able to use banking app.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)