Camera Problem , HELP !

Which Method Fix your Camera Problem ?

• replacing your watch !!!!!

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • open it up and reconnect camera connector

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • tap it on the floor , pillow , table , ...

Votes: 8 80.0%

• Total voters
Search This thread

makinaking

Oct 30, 2012
Tehran
hi all , i saw 2 or 3 threads about this problem (Blurry Images and always in Macro Focus Mode !) but there isnt any good answers !
i live in iran and in a Rainy Day when im out i saw that my gear 2 camera is stuck in macro mode i've tried restoring , opening it up and disconnect and reconnect the cables , shaking it hardly ! , etc. but nothing changed !
also today i called the samsung service center in Tehran and they said : "Currently we dont support Gear 2 and Gear2 Neo !".
plaese help me !
thanks !

rlee008

Jul 7, 2009
Miami, FL
someone had the same problem and they tapped the watch on a tablet a couple times and the camera started working properly again... maybe try that?

Reactions: makinaking

raiu

Oct 10, 2008
I actually was able to duplicate this issue. My first watch was doing this out of the box and I tapped it on the table and it started to work. I then took it to bb and got a replacement.

I have had the replacement about a week and went to replace the watch band and dropped the watch body on the floor from about a foot. When I got everything back together and went to shoot a few pics it wouldn't focus. Again another tap on the floor and it started working again. I think the cameras are really lose in the body. Contemplating weather or not to return it and get yet another one.

Reactions: makinaking

makinaking

Oct 30, 2012
Tehran
I actually was able to duplicate this issue. My first watch was doing this out of the box and I tapped it on the table and it started to work. I then took it to bb and got a replacement.

I have had the replacement about a week and went to replace the watch band and dropped the watch body on the floor from about a foot. When I got everything back together and went to shoot a few pics it wouldn't focus. Again another tap on the floor and it started working again. I think the cameras are really lose in the body. Contemplating weather or not to return it and get yet another one.

please upload a video when you tapping with full instructions because i tapped a lot but i don't know what is the best position for tapping !
thanks

makinaking

Oct 30, 2012
Tehran
Im not going to tap it again for fear of doing irreparable damage. I just lightly tapped the side of the watch on the floor.

WoW nice !!!!!
i can't believe my camera started working now !
I'm just put it on the bed on my pillow and tap it on the side with my hand and open up the camera and .... nice !
you better do this trick (put it on the soft material) because floor might scratch the side of your watch or maybe break it !

Thanks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

raiu

Oct 10, 2008
WoW nice !!!!!
i can't believe my camera started working now !
I'm just put it on the bed on my pillow and tap it on the side with my hand and open up the camera and .... nice !
you better do this trick (put it on the soft material) because floor might scratch the side of your watch or maybe break it !

Thanks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Its a weird issue. I think i'm going to go to best buy and talk with the samsung reps.

Khiet Du VietNam

Jul 12, 2014
hi all , i saw 2 or 3 threads about this problem (Blurry Images and always in Macro Focus Mode !) but there isnt any good answers !
i live in iran and in a Rainy Day when im out i saw that my gear 2 camera is stuck in macro mode i've tried restoring , opening it up and disconnect and reconnect the cables , shaking it hardly ! , etc. but nothing changed !
also today i called the samsung service center in Tehran and they said : "Currently we dont support Gear 2 and Gear2 Neo !".
plaese help me !
thanks !

Run it again rom original (ND8) (Blurry Images and always in Macro Focus Mode)
version update latest failure, not a failed hardware
good luck
p/s: sorry, my bad english
facebook: Nguyễn Đình Khiết Du
facebook/nguyendinhkhietdu

TML1504

Nov 24, 2007
Vienna
same happened here: own my gear 2 now for some time, suddenly the autofocus stopped working and seemed to be stuck in macro mode.
as i read here, i knocked the watch against the table a few times > autofocus workes again!

seems to be a widespread (?) hardware issue...

makinaking

Oct 30, 2012
Tehran
Run it again rom original (ND8) (Blurry Images and always in Macro Focus Mode)
version update latest failure, not a failed hardware
good luck
p/s: sorry, my bad english
facebook: Nguyễn Đình Khiết Du
facebook/nguyendinhkhietdu

software update or flashing a new ROM not worked for me just tap it on the side!

same happened here: own my gear 2 now for some time, suddenly the autofocus stopped working and seemed to be stuck in macro mode.
as i read here, i knocked the watch against the table a few times > autofocus workes again!

seems to be a widespread (?) hardware issue...

yes its worked for me too !

hmc4hotels

Apr 8, 2015
plaese help me !
thanks !

Same thing happened to my Gear 2 camera.
Disconnecting the battery alone did not solve the problem.
As suggested by someone, I disconnected and reconnected the camera connector (located just next to the camera) fixed my Macro stuck camera. I hope I don't have to do this often. I got mine a bout a year ago and this was the first time.
Good Luck.

aeonlive

Aug 19, 2007
Yup. The tapping works.

One firm tap to the side of the device (up near the camera) against a metal rail did it for me..

We'll see how long that lasts.

Reactions: darkblond

darkblond

Sep 3, 2007
Thanks, aeonlive! I liked your post because it was more specific about where to apply the force on the watch and what you used to strike it against.

I tried tapping it many times on different soft, rubbery surfaces, not knowing what the best impact point should be, etc., and nothing worked.

When I struck the watch fairly firmly, not wanting to break it of course, on the
side up near the camera against the side of an old particle board/wood desk the camera's autofocus started working and it takes excellent photos once again!

Yup. The tapping works.

One firm tap to the side of the device (up near the camera) against a metal rail did it for me..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    someone had the same problem and they tapped the watch on a tablet a couple times and the camera started working properly again... maybe try that?

please upload a video when you tapping with full instructions because i tapped a lot but i don't know what is the best position for tapping !
    thanks

Im not going to tap it again for fear of doing irreparable damage. I just lightly tapped the side of the watch on the floor.
    Yup. The tapping works.