Get the OnePlus 6 early at a pop-up event in your city →
FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP] Official ViPER4Android Audio Effects (FX v2.5.0.5) - New Features & 7.0 Support

4,109 posts
Thanks Meter: 14,461

By zhuhang, Recognized Contributor on 15th March 2013, 04:42 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
7th April 2018, 05:46 PM |#27181  
Thanks Meter: 828

More
Dudes! I've had this issue since I started using, while not critical, it's annoying.
When set to compatible mode, I can't hear navigation directions on Bluetooth. It is corrected in normal mode, but I don't like normal mode because it distorts notification sounds/ringer sounds because of eq settings. Any fixes to this?
Also, I'm on v2.5.0.4, checking update tells me Im at latest version.

8th April 2018, 09:23 AM |#27182  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by topiratiko

Dudes! I've had this issue since I started using, while not critical, it's annoying.
When set to compatible mode, I can't hear navigation directions on Bluetooth. It is corrected in normal mode, but I don't like normal mode because it distorts notification sounds/ringer sounds because of eq settings. Any fixes to this?
Also, I'm on v2.5.0.4, checking update tells me Im at latest version.

Try to root your phone with magisk and use a viper4android module, they are working flawlessly
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RedLikeSnow For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift RedLikeSnow Ad-Free
8th April 2018, 01:12 PM |#27183  
Thanks Meter: 105

More
I am using magisk module, it is working fine, bit my problem is when I receive a call, either I or not answer the call, viper4android stop processing the sound, and I am forced to reboot the phone in order to take effect again.. other is once I use YouTube.. the sound won't process with viper4android equalizer, .. and I am forced to reboot the phone in order to have the great sounds from this app.. any suggestions? Thanks in advance
8th April 2018, 10:48 PM |#27184  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
How to use / install ViPER4Android xhifi?
9th April 2018, 02:17 PM |#27185  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 650

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerrySanchez

does this work with LineageOS 15.1? my phone is oneplus 2 and im using lineageos custom rom. I found this guide: https://droidfeats.com/install-offic...4android-oreo/

but it's for Android 8.1 Oreo (may be stock rom). Don't know if it will work on lineageos or not.

I have had Viper running on a test build I did of Oreo crDroid, which is LOS based (15.1), so I would say generally yes, may be different on your specific device. I used the same ZIP I have used for Lollipop & Marshmallow (and posted previously within this thread, so simply search for my posts). The extra step on top of flashing ZIP, is to remove AudioFX manually. I did have to run permissive, but I intend to fix that in my next build; ie change the SELinux statements to include allows for viper in enforcing. You could manage these as bootscripts or maybe even simply run the Magisk module.

Also, I haven't tried it and know nothing about it, but they mention Pixel:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/app...5-0-5-t3577058
(from recent post https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...2&postcount=78)
The Following User Says Thank You to DiamondJohn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DiamondJohn Ad-Free
10th April 2018, 03:56 AM |#27186  
Thanks Meter: 3,209

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondJohn

I have had Viper running on a test build I did of Oreo crDroid, which is LOS based (15.1), so I would say generally yes, may be different on your specific device. I used the same ZIP I have used for Lollipop & Marshmallow (and posted previously within this thread, so simply search for my posts). The extra step on top of flashing ZIP, is to remove AudioFX manually. I did have to run permissive, but I intend to fix that in my next build; ie change the SELinux statements to include allows for viper in enforcing. You could manage these as bootscripts or maybe even simply run the Magisk module.

Also, I haven't tried it and know nothing about it, but they mention Pixel:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/app...5-0-5-t3577058
(from recent post https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...&postcount=78)

The v4a zip you linked here (just updated to v1.7.1) already has the sepolicy statements needed so it should work in enforcing. All you need to still do is remove audiofx. It also works for all root solutions (and rootless), not just magisk
11th April 2018, 07:07 AM |#27187  
Flag Hamburg
Thanks Meter: 155

More
Hi,

i only like to report back, that i tried to update the v4a-Module in Magisk from 1.5.5 to 1.7.1 on my OP3T and it crashed my v4a completely. First, after updating i couldn't find a v4a-installation anymore. After uninstalling 1.7.1 and reinstalling, it started in a loop, but the app won't come up and it ended in a restart. I restored my recovery, i took previously, and everything was fine again with 1.5.5.

Update:
With the new 1.7.2 the update works, but deletes all settings from the previous installation. So, i have to do some screenshots of my settings before i can finally update to 1.7.2.

Cheers
Clark
15th April 2018, 12:21 AM |#27188  
Thanks Meter: 49

More
this is a problem ive been having with viper for over 2 years now. When connected to via bluetooth and listening to audio. Having settings that cause the bass to hit even slightly hard makes everything go damp and muffled and waters out all the sound. Because of this you cant even use like 90% of the convolvers if your song has the the slightest bass.
TLDR: connected via bluetooth. any settings that make the bass hit more damps to sound until the bass is finished. assuming this is a hardware limitation. tested every 2 months on a different android version/rom/viper build/phone ( lg g3, lg g4, nexus 6p,nexus 5x, galaxy s8+, essential phone. )

---------- Post added at 06:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:20 PM ----------

this is a problem ive been having with viper for over 2 years now. When connected to via bluetooth and listening to audio. Having settings that cause the bass to hit even slightly hard makes everything go damp and muffled and waters out all the sound. Because of this you cant even use like 90% of the convolvers if your song has the the slightest bass.
TLDR: connected via bluetooth. any settings that make the bass hit more damps to sound until the bass is finished. assuming this is a hardware limitation. tested every 2 months on a different android version/rom/viper build/phone ( lg g3, lg g4, nexus 6p,nexus 5x, galaxy s8+, essential phone. )
15th April 2018, 07:59 PM |#27189  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
A Program requested v4a to stop.. so V4a will be disabled Temporarily..
Any solution ?
(No i do not have Music Fx installed )
17th April 2018, 02:43 PM |#27190  
Thanks Meter: 96

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitti2

?no help?

Is there any support here at all, seems like everyone is ignored.
17th April 2018, 02:48 PM |#27191  
Thanks Meter: 302

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitti2

Is there any support here at all, seems like everyone is ignored.

There's plenty of support, most of the questions and Issues have been addressed if one would simply take the time to search the thread for their particular problem.

So, do you have an issue or are you just pointing out a perceived observation unnecessarily?
The Following User Says Thank You to Brasscat82 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Brasscat82 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
best settings, convolver, cure tech+, fx xhifi, irs impulse response sample, settings, viper4android v4a, virtual headphone surround engine+

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)