[ROM][8.1] [LOS based][Official] Resurrection Remix Oreo

Do you experience graphical errors switching tabs in Chrome?

• Total voters
Search This thread

Proboarder2712

Mar 12, 2011
I came across to this in other rom's thread:
"Sensor fix
Hey i found the Problem about sensors
Please try to move this file (vendor/etc/sensor_def_qcomdev.conf) to system/etc and test Sensors again after a reboot."

I have tried to copy that using file browser with root access. It could not copy for me is there any other way to do it ?

Can confirm this worked. I have sensors multitool app installed. Had 3 sensors and now all are recognised by the app. Auto rotate working again. Make sure your file manager has R/w access and not just R/O. For root explorer it's at the top of the screen.

Attachments

• Screenshot_Sensors_Multitool_20180404-114924.jpg
    Screenshot_Sensors_Multitool_20180404-114924.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 131
  • Screenshot_Root_Explorer_20180404-114914.png
    Screenshot_Root_Explorer_20180404-114914.png
    115.7 KB · Views: 134

set110

May 24, 2007
Can confirm this worked. I have sensors multitool app installed. Had 3 sensors and now all are recognised by the app. Auto rotate working again. Make sure your file manager has R/w access and not just R/O. For root explorer it's at the top of the screen.

Thanks, checked the settings and now it's all good. Working as it should be.

set110

May 24, 2007
Does anyone have the same thing with apps? More than one icon of the apps I have.

UPDATE:
I think I just realized that the top bar is the Recently Used apps lol

Attachments

• Screenshot_Trebuchet_20180404-202241.jpg
    Screenshot_Trebuchet_20180404-202241.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:

_Sherrif

Jul 15, 2015
Texas ?
OnePlus 9 Pro
Does anyone have the same thing with apps? More than one icon of the apps I have.

No, i have not had that problem myself. What happens if you uninstall then re-install the app? Try it if you haven't. Did you do a clean install/update or dirty?
Also, looks you're sdcard has issues, or maybe you just haven't cleared it yet. I had sdcard problems when flashing the newest build. I changed my sdcard from exfat to vfat (fat32). And the problem was fixed. Note, to change you need to copy all data on sdcard to another location format then add the data back. Long process, but has helped with my castor_windy and my phone as well, to change the filesystem. Not necessary just something i changed that seemed to help me with sdcard issues on ROM updates/changes.

set110

May 24, 2007
No, i have not had that problem myself. What happens if you uninstall then re-install the app? Try it if you haven't. Did you do a clean install/update or dirty?
Also, looks you're sdcard has issues, or maybe you just haven't cleared it yet. I had sdcard problems when flashing the newest build. I changed my sdcard from exfat to vfat (fat32). And the problem was fixed. Note, to change you need to copy all data on sdcard to another location format then add the data back. Long process, but has helped with my castor_windy and my phone as well, to change the filesystem. Not necessary just something i changed that seemed to help me with sdcard issues on ROM updates/changes.

I did a clean flash, might actually do clean flash again. See if it helps. Also tried to reinstall the app, same thing happens.

Don't mind the sdcard error, will sort it out later. As the device is not mine, leaving the the sdcard for the last bit, but thanks for the tips, they might be useful later on.

Proboarder2712

Mar 12, 2011
I did a clean flash, might actually do clean flash again. See if it helps. Also tried to reinstall the app, same thing happens.

Don't mind the sdcard error, will sort it out later. As the device is not mine, leaving the the sdcard for the last bit, but thanks for the tips, they might be useful later on.

Pretty sure this is a Google now launcher issue. At the top they list either recent or most used apps(not sure). Install a different launcher and see if it persists. The issue you have from my version is a grey bar to indicate alphebetical listing vs my most recent apps. Are you pending a launcher update?

Attachments

• Screenshot_Google_20180407-123752.jpg
    Screenshot_Google_20180407-123752.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 77

and234

Nov 11, 2008
Over the Rainbown
I came across to this in other rom's thread:
"Sensor fix
Hey i found the Problem about sensors
Please try to move this file (vendor/etc/sensor_def_qcomdev.conf) to system/etc and test Sensors again after a reboot."

It turned out to be the solution with the sensor stuff for me, too. Thanks a ton. Was a bit awkward to use the browser in landscape only. I know there is a thanks button but I just wanted to confirm that it works

Last edited:

Godecki

Oct 6, 2017
Guys, how do I root my Z2 tablet with this OS? I can grant adb root access via developer settings, but how do I obtain root for apps? I tried rooting by SuperSU but it didn't work, the latest Magisk zip didn't work either. Please help!

d3xt3r_ser

Feb 20, 2010
Pavia
Guys, how do I root my Z2 tablet with this OS? I can grant adb root access via developer settings, but how do I obtain root for apps? I tried rooting by SuperSU but it didn't work, the latest Magisk zip didn't work either. Please help!

You Need to unlock the bootloader via fastboot and install twrp, there are many treads on site. :good:

Proboarder2712

Mar 12, 2011

This ROM is already rooted. Install magisk, download latest zip from the apk or the thread, flash the zip via twrp. Don't forget to clean the cache.

_Sherrif

Jul 15, 2015
Texas ?
OnePlus 9 Pro
This ROM is already rooted. Install magisk, download latest zip from the apk or the thread, flash the zip via twrp. Don't forget to clean the cache.

Rom is NOT ROOTED. If it was, a root method would be included in the flashable zip and it is not, that i can find. The ROM is root-able though.... Your root method may be surviving an update seeming like the ROM is rooted.

If you want Root, either flash SuperSU (latest) my suggestion or Magisk (latest) after flashing the ROM and gapps. If using SuperSU open the app after booting and you may need to update binary's. If you do need to update them, use the NORMAL method not TWRP.

Reactions: Godecki

Godecki

Oct 6, 2017

It worked, thanks :) So simple, I guess i just wanted to do this the hard way. Well, I've been using SuperSU for years and this is my first contact with Magisk. Anyway, thanks again!

Proboarder2712

Mar 12, 2011
Rom is NOT ROOTED. If it was, a root method would be included in the flashable zip and it is not, that i can find. The ROM is root-able though.... Your root method may be surviving an update seeming like the ROM is rooted.

If you want Root, either flash SuperSU (latest) my suggestion or Magisk (latest) after flashing the ROM and gapps. If using SuperSU open the app after booting and you may need to update binary's. If you do need to update them, use the NORMAL method not TWRP.

My bad. The process is still the same like I mentioned above. Magisk wouldn't let me update via their apk and I had to install it via recovery. Why would this be wrong? I mean it worked flawlessly or is that a lucky flash.
Also OP included this in features section..
-Magisk root inbuilt

I guess I should have said 'pre-rooted'

Reactions: _Sherrif

_Sherrif

Jul 15, 2015
Texas ?
OnePlus 9 Pro
My bad. The process is still the same like I mentioned above. Magisk wouldn't let me update via their apk and I had to install it via recovery. Why would this be wrong? I mean it worked flawlessly or is that a lucky flash.
Also OP included this in features section..
-Magisk root inbuilt

I guess I should have said 'pre-rooted'

Never said you were wrong, just said it wasn't pre-rooted. I use SuperSU and have to flash each time i either wipe or upgrade or other and have never had to uninstall magisk with this Rom or others in about a year. ROM devs stopped pre-rooting with a root method a while back, as i am sure you are aware. Some like SuperSU, like me, and others like Magisk. Just a preference.

I mis-understood your reply as it was already rooted and to just install the Magisk app. No biggie.

Reactions: Proboarder2712

Proboarder2712

Mar 12, 2011
Thanks bud. I was just curious if you had better information about why to or not to flash in recovery. I just jumped on this rom last month. Before then I was on PAC-ROM so I didnt know most stopped pre-rooting. As for SU vs Magisk I haven't looked into the difference since I haven't used SU in a couple years. Usually I just go with what ever is promoted by the OP for that ROM. Gonna go do more research :)

_Sherrif

Jul 15, 2015
Texas ?
OnePlus 9 Pro
Thanks bud. I was just curious if you had better information about why to or not to flash in recovery. I just jumped on this rom last month. Before then I was on PAC-ROM so I didnt know most stopped pre-rooting. As for SU vs Magisk I haven't looked into the difference since I haven't used SU in a couple years. Usually I just go with what ever is promoted by the OP for that ROM. Gonna go do more research :)

No worries bro. Flashing was the right call as suggested by you. I sometimes use CAPS to help standout what i am getting at, and just realized how it may have looked from anothers point of view. I will now just underline so as not seem as SCREAMING or yelling.

Getting OT, but i use SuperSU as Magisk seems to loose root from time to time and that is irritating. I run a few scripts and apps in the middle of the night that require root for sure. Honestly i just went to Magisk on my cell earlier in the week and my Tasker auto nightly backup did not run because magisk lost root. Hopefully when magisks get more stable i will change over, but for now SUPERSU is the way to go for me.

I do have a cool TASKER program which runs every night at whatever time you specify which will make a nandroid for you. So you are always upto date. PM if you want to try it. Great program...

Now...back to creating new icons for my ANDROID.

G

GuestK0099

New build which I think will fix the rotation issue should be today

G

GuestK0099

Sorry, basically the RR source forge was having issues and a package I upgraded on my computer no longer works with older kernels so I couldn't build a new rom, however as I am now on holiday I will tell how to fix it manually, copy system/vendor/etc/sensor_def_qcomdev.conf to system/etc/sensor_def_qcomdev.conf

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,

Does anyone have the TWRP for castor_windy ? All the links are dead, I don't find it on the Internet ...

Regards
    @sgrunt,

Here ya go. Castor_Windy TWRP.

I have both 3.0 & 3.1. I am using 3.1 on my castor_windy.

***THIS IS FOR CASTOR_WINDY. DO NOT USE FOR CASTOR.***

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0BwBZlgiV0lNiV2x5SFYwMGlmNUU?usp=sharing
    New Castor_Windy 032518 build is up.
    i found a resolution to the reboot / shut down issue described above and am now running the latest RRN without a hiccup. :)

i redid everything i wrote above, but with the difference that i flashed SGP511_23.5.A.1.291_1281-8033_R3D.ftf via flashtool beforehand.
    after i did that i noticed that i obtained another boot logo, which had SONY *and* XPERIA written with white letters on black ground. before that i only had "SONY" as initial "POST-Screen", if you may say so. interestingly that "new" screen remained even after flashing the boot.img and recovery.img
    so i don't know if there is any context - but now my reboot issue IS GONE.

i hope this helps anyone who encounters a similar problem. obviously the initial boot data doesn't get fully altered by flashing the boot.img and therefore was causing problems
    thanks to OPENDATA for this sleek ROM and anyone who might've had the intention to help ! ;)
    It's the same crap like the carbon rom, everything is potrait mode .. even Playstore is going 4:3 Potrait .. not Landscape on default. it won't use the landscape unless u gonna use a app to force it and even then it doesn't work all the time.

That's a blatant lie dude, the ROM works perfectly fine in landscape mode. I'd suggest reflashing or figuring the issue on your end
    Hey Sherrif,
    There are 2 TWRP in your GDrive share folder, one is 3.2.1 for "castor_windy" and other says "TWRP_Castor.img", I installed the second one on my castor (LTE) device, but when I want to install a firmware (which I am sure it is for castor), error says : "E3004: This package is for device SPG521 (#WHICH IS MY DEVICE!), SPG541, SPG551, castor (#WHICH IS CODENAME FOR ALL LTE MODELS!); this device is ." it says this device is "(blank!!)", Why doesn't TWRP detect my device as castor? The device codename in TWRP you uploaded is "blank". Is there a fix for that? I swiped all I had and now I just need TWRP to detect my device correctly to flash a ROM.
    Thank you in advance

Use 3.2.1-cw.img from here: https://mega.nz/#F!KNA2CDpZ!pftQvfb0S642gsN2enOD9g

Then your ROM will flash correctly.