[ROM] [ 8.1.0 ] Official madOS - Coolpad Note3 [MT6753]

Search This thread

tanmay99

Aug 12, 2017
It was there in previous Mad Oreo but it isn't preset in latest build
I m not talking about youtube freeze issue. It is about the issue that screen gets white and pixelated from the center or sides occasionally and reverts back to normal after some time.
When changing the primary and accent colours in colour engine, this issue goes, but after some time it comes again and it needs to be changed again. So i don't think this is a hardware issue.

Last edited:

cybercop007

Jul 27, 2013
Yes its there!

I m not talking about youtube freeze issue. It is about the issue that screen gets white and pixelated from the center or sides occasionally and reverts back to normal after some time.
When changing the primary and accent colours in colour engine, this issue goes, but after some time it comes again and it needs to be changed again. So i don't think this is a hardware issue.

Yes, I'm facing the same problem, my entire screen turns white with transparency and appears pixelated, please give a solution to this problem.

cybercop007

Jul 27, 2013
bugs

Open Settings>madOS extras>Color engine and change primary Color from default to dark and vice versa several times. This is what i do...

No, that doesnot work for me.

from my usage i have found the following,

1) the split-screen view is not resizable
2) lesser battery backup
3) if the auto-rotate is changed to portrait then it will remain in portrait even if changed to auto-rotate until reboot.

Reactions: DerTeufel1980

tanmay99

Aug 12, 2017
logs: https://drive.google.com/open?id=155-0dgiEmJ15Dlk1kyqdbqCa-TNiukx6
camera quality is not good as compare to stock,
while playing videos on mx player, videos are getting freeze ,
phone is not charging sometimes,
no fp,
4g is not working for me and phone is heating.
Camera quality is not good but better as compared to N roms.

Video freeze issue is in the old build which you might have downloaded from the download section. Download the new build from M.A.D. facebook.
Make sure you have flashed stock mm coolui 8 anytime before to get fp working.
For 4g, go to settings-network & internet-mobile network-advanced and select preferred network to lte.
Use greenify if phone heats.
But the 3 major issues are:
Substratum NOT working in the new build, occasional white screen and degraded camera quality as compared to stock.
Edit: substratum now works with the latest app only, and says after building overlays that the device needs to be rebooted for enabling overlays since the march 2018 update.
But now there is another issue, although it's only for me: Whenever i install any other rom other than madOS O, camera doesnt work and imei is empty, they now only work in madOS. Any possible fix? Although the problem looks silly i've tested it in 2 roms and 5 times. It is since the time i got the issue earlier after an sp flash. Restoring nvram is not workong in any rom other than madOS O. Any possible fix? @DerTeufel1980

Last edited:
Reactions: Hayath274

varunkp

Had the same IMEI issue but fixed it!

Camera quality is not good but better as compared to N roms.

Video freeze issue is in the old build which you might have downloaded from the download section. Download the new build from M.A.D. facebook.
Make sure you have flashed stock mm coolui 8 anytime before to get fp working.
For 4g, go to settings-network & internet-mobile network-advanced and select preferred network to lte.
Use greenify if phone heats.
But the 3 major issues are:
Substratum NOT working in the new build, occasional white screen and degraded camera quality as compared to stock.
Edit: substratum now works with the latest app only, and says after building overlays that the device needs to be rebooted for enabling overlays since the march 2018 update.
But now there is another issue, although it's only for me: Whenever i install any other rom other than madOS O, camera doesnt work and imei is empty, they now only work in madOS. Any possible fix? Although the problem looks silly i've tested it in 2 roms and 5 times. It is since the time i got the issue earlier after an sp flash. Restoring nvram is not workong in any rom other than madOS O. Any possible fix? @DerTeufel1980

Hello:)
So yeah, even I had the same IMEI issue, struggled for around 20 hours to fix it.. But the fix is quite easy. First you have to flash the stock ROM with SP flash tool with Format all+Download option and then the SIM cards will be detected.. Then you have to write the original IMEI using the Maui Meta 3G tool. The guide for writing IMEI is on YouTube:) Hope this helps;)

Last edited:

Shinichi Kudo

Jan 2, 2011
Kolkata
Samsung Galaxy Apollo
Thank you so much.

I am utterly thankful to the M.A.D. Team for their continuous efforts to keep our precious Coolpad Note 3 up to date and not letting it fall in the pit of outdated software. Thank you, thank you so much M.A.D. Team :)

abhijithwrrr

May 8, 2018
Not able to change to another rom

When we are trying to change to another ROM, then it is showing as the ROM is not for NOTE 3...this ROM changes the phone name to note3 ...how can I change the phone model to coolpad note 3...is there any way

varunkp

When we are trying to change to another ROM, then it is showing as the ROM is not for NOTE 3...this ROM changes the phone name to note3 ...how can I change the phone model to coolpad note 3...is there any way
For installing ROMs other than madOS you need to install TWRP built by the ROM developer.. For example, you can't install Resurrection Remix OS using the TWRP developed by MAD unless you remove the assert lines in the updater-script or you have to use the TWRP built by the developer who built the RR ROM. This is because there is no universal TWRP for this phone right now..

varunkp

Hey @DerTeufel1980 I am not able to use compass and the direction doesn't change as we change the direction in maps also.. The magnetometer always shows 0 micronT and I think the magnetometer isn't working.. It was working before suddeny it started.. tried reboots.. no luck.. Please fix this..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180601-143644.png
    Screenshot_20180601-143644.png
    67.1 KB · Views: 96

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    VmDiDSr.png

This is a Official Build of madOS ( based on AOSP Oreo ) for Coolpad Note 3 with MTK 6753 SoC

madOS is based on pure A.O.S.P. with many additional customizations and MediaTek support.

Code:
    #include
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

Installation Instructions:
    • Download ROM from M.A.D. Facebook
      OR from download section
    • Download OpenGapps nano or pico from download section
    • Backup
    • Flash new mandatory new Oreo TWRP (available on downloads)
    • Boot to the new TWRP recovery
    • full Wipes (dont come crying if you didn't .. ;p )
    • Install rom (optionally following by GAPPS if you use them)
    • Optional: go to: wipe --> Advanced Wipe, tick 'cache' and klick 'repair or change File System' --> change File System --> F2FS --> swipe to the right (hit back several times, and proceed the same way with 'data').
    • Reboot System

Working:
    • RIL (Calls /SMS, Data connection, etc)
    • Wifi
    • Bluetooth
    • FM Radio
    • All Sensors (including fingerprint)
    • Lights; HW Keys
    • Both storages & MTP
    • HW de/encoding
    • Camera (photos and video)
    • GPS & aGPS
    • Audio
    • madOS Extras (the features ya'all used too), plus, some new features we added on Oreo)

Not working:
    • VoLTE

XDA:DevDB Information
    madOS_O_CPN3, ROM for the CoolPad Note 3

Contributors
    DerTeufel1980, fire855
    Source Code: https://github.com/MediatekAndroidDevelopers

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
    ROM Firmware Required: twrp
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 2.1
    Stable Release Date: 2017-12-31

Created 2017-12-31
    Last Updated 2017-12-31
    Reserved

General F.A.Q.

Q: What the hell is madOS ?
    A: madOS, (M.A.D. Team OS), is a ROM based on pure A.O.S.P. with extended capabilities and customizations made by or merge/adapted by M.A.D. Team.

Q: Which recovery should I use for this ROM?
    A: Latest M.A.D. TWRP 3.2.1-0 recovery for OREO 8.1.0
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/11350taybhaxbcl/twrp_coolpad_n3_oreo.img

Q: How do i flash new recovery ?
    A:
    1: You can flash it with a scatter file
    2: You can simply flash it from the existing twrp recovery: Install> Install image> Select Oreo TWRP> Select "Recovery" as partition to flash.
    Reboot to recovery to use new one

Q: Do i need to make full wipes?
    A: YES, dont come crying at me, if you didn't .... ;p

Q: What is "full wipes" ?
    A: To Wipe : Cache; System; DATA ...

Q: What should i use f2fs or ext4?
    A: Both are supported, choose the one you desire

Q: Does this rom have any Theme support
    A: Yup, We have working Theme Engine (madOS extras)

Update: On Oreo 8.1.0:
    - We have extended Theme support even further ( madLauncher, messaging, etc)
    - As well as many fixs

Q: Some translations are missing for my language, can I help?
    A: Sure you can, please check our translations repo available here , you can either do a pull request, or if you don't know how to work with git, sent us the XML. Strings for your language ( Check Readme on repo).

Q: I want to report a bug(s) do you have an issue tracker?
    A: Yeah... madOS issue tracker

Q: What's working ?
    A: Check first Post for current status

Q: App "x" doesn't work, why?
    A: Probably not compatible with OREO yet, feedback is welcome

Q: Is the rom rooted?
    A: NO, But you can easily root with :
    1: Magisk ( v14 onwards.)
    2: Super SU ( v2.82 onwards)
    IF there are problems in rooting, you need to report it to the root-threads...There's nothing we can do

Q: Should i root together with rom ?
    A: Not advised.. mainly the Magisk that gives some weird issues...
    Flash ROM and GAPPS (if you use gapps), after first boot get back to recovery and flash your desire rooting method

Q: Does xposed work?
    A: Is there Xposed for O? ... then no ;p

Q: How is battery life with Oreo?
    A: Pretty awesome

Q: Does this build support Vulcan?
    A: No....duh! v

Q: Does doze work in this build?
    A: Yup

Q: when will (feature/issue here) be fixed?
    A: NO ETA , please

Porting F.A.Q.
    No porting support, no port questions allowed on this thread, and porting PMs will be auto-deleted, porting replies will be reported as well

G.APPS F.A.Q.

Q:What GAPPS package should I use?
    A: openGapps arm64 nano/pico

Q: How to properly install GAPPS?
    A:Flash Rom + Flash Gapps at once

CREDITS and Thanks

madOS Team
    Our translators, credits list here
    A.O.S.P.
    Pure Nexus
    AOSPA
    DU (Dirty Unicorns)
    Omni

HELP supporting madOS

We do this on our free time, however we do have costs on maintaining this :/

Any donation is highly appreciated

You can donate by using
    this link

If the above doesn't work in your country, then you can directly donate by using this e-mail adress: mediatekandr0iddevelopers@gmail.com

About madOS Proprietary Apps

You are NOT allowed by any means, to use our madOS apps on any other build, your rom
    This is exclusively for OFFICIAL madOS ROM releases

@To Moderators: Feel free to clean the thread, whenever users start spamming, severe OT, or questioning about porting...
    Reserved

Changelog 26h March 2018:

madOS version: 2.1.2
    • Build number: OPM1.171019.021 - March 2018 Security Patch Level
    • fixed video playback issues
    • improved camera quality
    • improved overall smoothness
    • tons of new options added

https://www.facebook.com/notes/mad/rom-810-official-mados-coolpad-note3-mt6753/1647790581971375/

Changelog 4th January 2018:

• madOS version: 2.1.1
    • Improved GSM/LTE signal handling
    • Fixed GSM/LTE signal with GPS enabled
    • Added option to set QuickSettings background transparency
    • Fixed alarms
    • Fixed wallpaper scrolling setting in madLauncher
    • Improvements in bluetooth for A2DP
    • Updated included APNs list
    New build released! :)

Changelog:

madOS version: 2.1.2
    • Build number: OPM1.171019.021 - March 2018 Security Patch Level
    • fixed video playback issues
    • improved camera quality
    • improved overall smoothness
    • tons of new options added

https://www.facebook.com/notes/mad/rom-810-official-mados-coolpad-note3-mt6753/1647790581971375/
    That's what a new year gift is called.
    Coolpad users happy now.....
    You deserve a Thumbs up guys!!