Universal 1-Click root

Search This thread

swapped

Mar 4, 2010
Super Easy Way to Root Sprint .6 Release (might work for other carriers also)

Download the app from this post (or the one attached here) to your phone and install with Astro or the like.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=747598

Run app, select appropriate version, hit root. Wait ~30 sec, see root confirmation. You are now rooted!!!!

Need a super easy way to get recovery image installed? Download ROM Manager (free) and install the ClockworkMod Recovery. You can now install roms with either ROM manager or thru recovery. You can even flash alternate recovery (RA 1.6.2) from rom manager.

This is stupid easy!!!!

I just did these exact steps about 10 min ago and it worked flawlessly. No messing with RUUs.

Not sure if boot-patched.zip should be flashed afterwards like in the original 2.1 root. Someone else please chime in on this.

NEW VERSION ADDED

Attachments

• UniversalAndroot_1.5.3.apk
    153.3 KB · Views: 1,985
  • UniversalAndroot_1.6.1.apk
    322.7 KB · Views: 7,247
Last edited:

scottspa74

Apr 3, 2009
everett
Google Pixel 6
question...

I've rooted my Evo , but now tryin to help a buddy root his hero. New to this. I'm curious about some specifics of this. At what point can you nand backup and wipe? As I've noticed most peoples problems rooting come from not wiping data, dalvik cache, and factory reset.

Also, you need to do the 2.1 update before doin this, does it matter? My buddys hero is still on 1.5. Any extra info, specifics, technical info much appreciated.

Thanks in advance. Looks great, and thank you.

jxr94

Jun 15, 2010
I've rooted my Evo , but now tryin to help a buddy root his hero. New to this. I'm curious about some specifics of this. At what point can you nand backup and wipe? As I've noticed most peoples problems rooting come from not wiping data, dalvik cache, and factory reset.

Also, you need to do the 2.1 update before doin this, does it matter? My buddys hero is still on 1.5. Any extra info, specifics, technical info much appreciated.

Yes you would have to update to 2.1 for this to work, but since your 1.5 why not just root from there?

swapped

Mar 4, 2010

The app has a 1.5 setting (I HAVE NOT TESTED THIS), but I would recommend doing the 2.1 update first as you will get a newer radio etc....

The point where you do the nandroid backup and wipe is after you install a recovery image. Once you have recovery image installed, you boot into recovery (all stuff you can do from rom manager) and then you do it from there.

scottspa74

Apr 3, 2009
everett
Google Pixel 6
Yes you would have to update to 2.1 for this to work, but since your 1.5 why not just root from there?

Hmmm. Ok. I just started lookin into this for him last night. This appears to be the easiest root method I've ever seen. Is there a root method or exploit for 1.5 that's as easy as this? Hard to imagine so. I've seen a 9 step root from 1.5 so far , but if this works from 2.1, it seems it'd be easier to update to 2.1, then do this.

This provides full root, recovery, and nand unlock, though, huh?
IDK if there's some other method that you know of that's easy, AND reliable, it'd be much appreciated. Don't wanna jack up my buddys phone. I'd never live it down.

Thanks though.
And @ swapped, thanks, I missed your reply before I posted this.

Oh, and is the superuser app included in this ? For my Evo, I had to put a SU zip on SD and flash it. Same for hero?

Last edited:

edisonalvarez

Apr 22, 2010
I just used this on my wifes phone and I had some issues downloading the apk file initially but after that, this was the EASIEST way to ROOT hands down...almost too easy to believe to be honest. WOW....thank you all who contirbuted to this....

MrDowntown12

May 22, 2010
OnePlus 7 Pro
Sony Xperia 1 III
Hmmm. Ok. I just started lookin into this for him last night. This appears to be the easiest root method I've ever seen. Is there a root method or exploit for 1.5 that's as easy as this? Hard to imagine so. I've seen a 9 step root from 1.5 so far , but if this works from 2.1, it seems it'd be easier to update to 2.1, then do this.

IDK if there's some other method that you know of that's easy, AND reliable, it'd be much appreciated. Don't wanna jack up my buddys phone. I'd never live it down.

Thanks though.

Oh, and is the superuser app included in this ? For my Evo, I had to put a SU zip on SD and flash it. Same for hero?

Dont know if this is the 9 step you're talking about but this is the easiest way to root 1.5

http://theunlockr.com/2009/11/18/how-to-root-your-sprint-hero-in-one-click/

Reactions: jsean84

rynoman01

Aug 11, 2010
This worked great to get rooted. However, I'm wanting to put a custom ROM
(Fresh Hero 2.3.3.
on and I'm having trouble with not being able to flash Clockwork Mod Recovery in ROM Manager

"An error occurred while flashing your recovery"

Any thoughts?

Jables80

Aug 12, 2010
This worked great to get rooted. However, I'm wanting to put a custom ROM
(Fresh Hero 2.3.3.
on and I'm having trouble with not being able to flash Clockwork Mod Recovery in ROM Manager

"An error occurred while flashing your recovery"

Any thoughts?

Had the same issue this morning. After a reboot cleared ROM Manager's download cache and it did the backup just fine.

Hope it helps.

JB

edisonalvarez

Apr 22, 2010
Had the same issue and I downlpaded it again but still no go....should I wipe again?

Sent from my HERO200 using XDA App

churro7

Jul 29, 2010
Universal androot 1.61

Seems not to work on HTC Sprint Hero 2.1 with latest .6 update

anyone else confirm?

raymond4

Aug 9, 2010
millville new jersey
It worked for me i did it two days ago i had a non rooted cdma hero with the .6 i am running cm6 I didn't need to downgrade at all

Sent from my HERO200 using XDA App

zenulator

Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 12, 2009
In case people didn't know the Universal 1-Click root works for the CDMA Hero even if it's running the latest RUU. I managed to root and install a custom recovery and custom overclocked kernel in about 15 minutes after flashing the RUU strictly "over the air" using no terminal commands.

Step 1: Download UniversalAndroot_1.6.1.apk from here

Step 2: Download a filemanager from market. Explorer works fine.

Step 3: Open the filemanager on your phone and navigate to where you downloaded UniversalAndroot_1.6.1.apk

Step 4: Install UniversalAndroot_1.6.1.apk through the filemanager (if you get errors about Unknown sources then go into settings > applications and make sure Unknown sources is checked)

Step 5: Open Universal Androot and click root

This will root your phone and install the latest Superuser.apk

Step 6: Download RomManager from the Market. Allow it su permissions and either install ClockworkMod Recovery or Amon_RA recovery.

Step 7: Download whatever Roms you want and flash away

If this has been discussed somewhere else I'll take it down. Hope this helps people with brand new Hero looking for a quick root with no terminal commands required.

Last edited:

churro7

Jul 29, 2010
ok how did u confirm it was rooted it said it was rooted but no root apps would work

and no superuser installed

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Super Easy Way to Root Sprint .6 Release (might work for other carriers also)

Download the app from this post (or the one attached here) to your phone and install with Astro or the like.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=747598

Run app, select appropriate version, hit root. Wait ~30 sec, see root confirmation. You are now rooted!!!!

Need a super easy way to get recovery image installed? Download ROM Manager (free) and install the ClockworkMod Recovery. You can now install roms with either ROM manager or thru recovery. You can even flash alternate recovery (RA 1.6.2) from rom manager.

This is stupid easy!!!!

I just did these exact steps about 10 min ago and it worked flawlessly. No messing with RUUs.

Not sure if boot-patched.zip should be flashed afterwards like in the original 2.1 root. Someone else please chime in on this.

NEW VERSION ADDED

Thanks though.

Dont know if this is the 9 step you're talking about but this is the easiest way to root 1.5

http://theunlockr.com/2009/11/18/how-to-root-your-sprint-hero-in-one-click/